White House declares major disaster in TN counties affected by February storms

The White House has declared a major disaster in 13 Tennessee counties rocked by a winter storm in February.

Here’s the release:

Today, President Joseph R. Biden, Jr. declared that a major disaster exists in the State of Tennessee and ordered Federal assistance to supplement state and local recovery efforts in the areas affected by severe winter storms from February 11 to February 19, 2021.

Federal funding is available to state and eligible local governments and certain private nonprofit organizations on a cost-sharing basis for emergency work and the repair or replacement of facilities damaged by the severe winter storms in the counties of Bedford, Cannon, Coffee, DeKalb, Fentress, Jackson, Moore, Overton, Pickett, Putnam, Scott, Shelby, and Smith.

Federal funding is also available on a cost-sharing basis for hazard mitigation measures statewide.

Robert J. Fenton, Senior Official Performing the Duties of the Administrator, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Department of Homeland Security, named Myra M. Shird as the Federal Coordinating Officer for Federal recovery operations in the affected areas.

Additional designations may be made at a later date if requested by the state and warranted by the results of further damage assessments.

99 Responses to White House declares major disaster in TN counties affected by February storms

steve cates says:

Surely all these right wing republicans in TN will refuse any of that “old government money”?

Jonathan Swift says:

And lose their 100% Hypocrisy score?

“Hypocrisy – a feigning to be what one is not or to believe what one does not” – Webster’s New Collegiate Dictionary. By taking my share of money that is given away by the federal government even though I oppose the policy under which it is provided simply is not hypocrisy. I would take the money while loudly and sincerely proclaiming I am against the program.

That’s why you leftists insist on creating your own language (which conservatives should NEVER use) because you have such little understanding of the English language. Indeed, if you understood English, had better command of history, were more practical/realistic and weren’t such control freaks you could put a little joy into your life by becoming a conservative just like me.

As usual Stuart you left out Part B of that definition by Webster. Behavior that contradicts what one Claims to believe or feel. To wit: one condemns BLM for saying their is systemic racism BUT says nothing when one of their own (Tim Scott) says exactly the same thing. Or….condemns the looting and vandalism of private property when protesting Government in the US but applauds it when the exact same thing happens elsewhere.

You are indeed a hypocrite on many things. But the Fema handouts are not a good example.

I condemn BLM for saying something idiotic which places upon me the duty of condemning everyone else who says the same thing or else I am a hypocrite? No, I wouldn’t say so. Perhaps if I am asked to condemn Scott for the same idiocy and I refuse to do so then that would be hypocrisy unless I had a valid reason for the disparate treatment. Same is true of looting. My only point was that steve and Jonathan thought that they were onto something regarding conservatives accepting the FEMA payouts and as is so often the case they were wrong.

Yes…if you are anti-abortion In Principle (PRO-life) then you don’t condemn publicly your neighbor while publicly applauding (or even remaining silent which is tacit approval) of your daughter who’s done the same thing. That is the very definition of hypocricy.

Reading and re-posting half of a definition clearly doesn’t ensure that you understand the meaning and its implication.

I realize that English is a difficult language to master.

Jonathan Swift says:

Stuart, if you would ease up on the reactionary bloviating and intelligently consider some comments other than your own, you might begin to understand that others can be right and you can be wrong. The issue is that conservatives (at least in TN) are vocally reluctant to accept Federal money that will benefit non-conservatives because there are too many strings attached, and their precious states rights will be trampled. But when Federal money flows into conservative pockets, that seems to be OK. Hence, the hypocrisy.

Indeed Jonathan if you could show that conservatives decline to take government money because of the strings attached in one instance yet take it in another instance when the same strings are attached the only difference being who benefits from the money the THAT WOULD BE HYPOCRISY. I’m afraid that you have a heavy burden of proof there Jonathan which you and steve in no way discharged in your opening two comments hence my reply in the third comment.

Beatrice Shaw says:

BLM! BLM!! BLM!!!

ALM! ALM!! ALM!!!

Cryan says:

Stuart is getting called out for selectively taking a partial dictionary definition to support an already illogical argument. Must be Thursday.

In that case…every day is Thursday!

I am going to give you a history lesson on why ALM is not an intelligent response to BLM

In the 70’s, because most advertisements, billboards, magazine covers, movie leading ladies were WHITE and “whiteness” was a cultural given as a measure of beauty we got the pushback “Black is Beautiful”. It wasn’t necessary to say “white is beautiful” because dominant culture made that a Given.

The same now (since Tim Scott agrees that Black men are more often targeted by police) applies to the slogan “BLM”. No need to say “white lives matter” or “all lives matter” (including the majority population~ white~ because that is Obvious. At least Tim Scott agrees that it’s obvious.

I agree, there is no need to respond to mindlessness like hypnotically cheering BLM over and over again by hypnotically cheering ALM over and over again. It wasn’t a thinking thing.

The leadership of the Republican Party from Trump while he was in office to the grey uninspiring men like McConnell, Thune, McCarthy, Scalise, et al are so invisible in the face of the Cultural Marxist insurrectionists that Beatrice so admires that I believe there is a need for those of us on the right to wave the flag in response wherever and whenever we can so our fellow rightists don’t become totally dispirited.

There is an anthem among conservatives that we can call “There is no Need to . . . .” as in There is no Need to Boycott Coca Cola or Delta Airlines because we simply don’t believe in boycotts as if boycotts were a religious belief or There is no Need to say ALM whenever a Cultural Marxist or bleeding heart know-nothing shouts BLM because ALM is a truism that needs no repetition. Thus over the years conservatives have “There is no Need to. . . .’ ourselves out of almost every cultural, academic, and financial institution in this country. It’s way past time to purge ourselves of that anthem forever.

Donna Locke says:

If racism is the cause of interracial crimes, better look up those statistics for black on white and white on black. Bureau of Justice statistics, 2018 study, says nine times more black-on-white crime. Other studies show violent crime suspects are more likely to be shot by police officers of the same race.

In proportion to their percentage of the population, black people, specifically young black males, commit more violent crimes. They have the corner on homicides. If you are black, you are more likely to be killed by another black person. You are more likely to be struck by lightning than be killed by a white cop.

People trying to live and get by with some peace in this world want police patrols in their neighborhoods. This goes for all races and ethnicities.

I could go on. Support your local police. And use something other than propaganda-driven Google to find the facts.

MALE instead of an uproariously funny brief reply it would have been better if you explained to those for whom English is a second language and to those less educated Americans that in the English language words can have more than one meaning so sometimes this leads to confusion and/or needed clarification as to in exactly what sense the writer or speaker is using a word. Once the user explains the sense in which he is using a word he needn’t give a pedagogical tour of all the other possible definitions and use of a word unless he wants to simply impress the reader with his education and knowledge which leads into pedantry and other unwanted human foibles.

Cryan says:

Both definitions of “hypocrite” accurately describe the Republican Party. American Evangelicals and QAnon cult (Qult) members are the base of the GOP, after all.

But most people intuitively understand the appropriate definition of “hypocrite” when used in political discourse. Take you for example. You claim to be a libertarian, but you support, promote, and vote for authoritarians. That makes you a hypocrite.

Eddie White says:

Stuart, I looked up the word “hypocrite “ in my dictionary and it said Marle!

Cryan says:

Everybody has jokes today. Good one, Eddie.

Give me ONE, just one example of my hypocricy Eddie. Just one.

Taxpayer #314 says:

Typical NONSENSE from Stuart.

Birchall Barnes says:

I speak English very well! Hypocrite you aren’t. Opportunist and selfish are better descriptors. Thankful we have a President who doesn’t withhold aid because the state leans to one side. I hope TN will use the money to help people who suffered damage from the storms and not just collect it & sit on it to dole out to their cronies.

Indeed Birchall whoever is pulling the strings that make the demented Big Guy go wants to concentrate power in Washington so states hardly will have the power to lean one side or the other thus allowing the Big Guy to concentrate on egging on his voters who are vandals, arsonists and looters while opining about trial verdicts before the jury begins deliberating.

Here’s Half of a Webster definition for you, Stuart: Demented~ not able to think clearly or to understand what is real and what is not real.

Thanks to your posting it seems that you, rather than Biden, is the demented one. Maybe not the “Big Guy” in anybody’s book, but in keeping with the demented part, for sure.

This forum requires much tolerance and patience from readers which after all are good traits to acquire and strengthen. To that end they will have to put up with “the demented Big Guy” from one probably at least as long as they have to put up with Trump Derangement Syndrome (“TDS”) from another among numerous other tics that manifest themselves through the freedom of expression that Erik so generously allows.

Cryan says:

Biden has a 60% approval rating. What was Trump’s?

Eddie White says:

I am not concerned about Biden’s approval ratings. The Dow fell 321 points today after it was learned that he is planning to raise the capital gains tax and also pledged to reduce US emissions by 52% in the next 9 years. I am sure China is loving that. Trump built the greatest economy ever by reducing taxes and government regulations , and Biden will wreck it in less than 4 years.

How Eddie is HE going to raise the cap gains tax by himself? And on whom is going to raise it? And to what levels by what criteria?

For those who pay little or nothing in Federal Income tax it won’t matter if the rate goes to 100% because, like Trump, THEY don’t pay Federal income taxes thanks to loopholes.

So Eddie……are you impressed that the Market went UP to regain all of its losses yesterday in the Russell and the Nasdaq and nearly all in the DOW???? Guess sensible people asked, just as I did……How’s he going to do this all by himself?

Stop listening to one sided media.

EVERY single Fact I brought up about Trump is indisputable by you (in fact you never once gave me a fact to dispute what I said). That is not Derangement.

YOU are calling Biden demented with ZERO facts to back that up. That IS derangement.

Oddly, you can’t see a difference.

The Austrians were correct in holding the Serbians responsible for the death of the Archduke but to bang on about it now in a conversation about something totally unrelated so many years later is a bit deranged. The facts may be correct but the timing and place is decidedly abnormal. Your frequently interjecting Trump’s shortcomings in conversations having nothing whatsoever to do with Trump after he is out of office with no possibility of returning for over 3 1/2 years is decidedly abnormal – “TDS” is as good a name for the abnormality as any.

The demented Big Guy has followed a severely truncated schedule since announcing his candidacy to this very day. He loses his train of thoughts sometimes in mid-sentence in unscripted moments which his handlers keep to a minimum by keeping him away from anything approaching a hostile press. He also is a sleaze ball who has parlayed a lifetime of “public service” into inadequately explained sizeable wealth – “demented Big Guy” is as good a name for the sleaze ball/political hack as any.

Some of us are old enough to remember when there was a modicum of common sense exhibited in Washington, even among Democrats in the U.S. Senate. For instance, during an earlier gun-control debate, one such lawmaker observed:

During my 12 years as a Member of this body, I have never believed that additional gun control or Federal registration of guns would reduce crime. I am convinced that a criminal who wants a firearm can get one through illegal, non-traceable, unregistered sources, with or without gun control. In my opinion a national register or ban of handguns would be impossible to carry out and may not result in reductions in crime.

That was a certain U.S. senator named Joseph R. Biden, Jr. (D-Del.) on July 9, 1985 (Congressional Record, page 18229).

My bringing up Trump is b/c You and others fail ti, It’s fine to criticize Fauci; he deserves everything he gets. But conveniently, you and others want to ignore how Fauci came to have such influence. You want to blame looters and rioters but forget who, as President, leader of the free world, praised looting and rioting as Redress for grievances.

Half the story is what you like to tell. Maybe since Tucker does this nightly it has become de rigueur for you. There is no merit in forgetting the role each has played in the mess we are in. And when you forget; I will be there.

Eddie White says:

James, I seriously doubt Biden remembers what he said in 1985. I am not sure he remembers what he had for breakfast!

True Eddie, so true, so sad.

Donna Locke says:

Biden has shown himself to be demented in more ways than one.

The interjections have to do with setting the record straight~ however many times YOU make me do so. You keep calling Bush, the one from 30 years ago “lips” b/c he broke a campaign promise on taxes (actually, technically he said no NEW taxes and then raised a rate which is not Technically a NEW tax). But you still haven’t apparently gotten over that.

30 Years!!!!! The legacy of Trump’s issues are with us today. The Senate was lost b/c of the antics following the 2 Senate WINS in GA in Nov that turned into defeats. Every piece of tax legislation is a cliff hanger b/c the Senate was lost. THAT happened 3 months ago~ Not 30 YEARS ago.

How many times do I bring “Lips” Bush up (eliminate the times I simply list him when going down the litany of Republicans who were simply too awful to vote for) and in what detail vs. how many times you do the same re: Trump? The difference is my rare and brief references to “Lips,” “Uniter” and even JEB! Bush are reasonable given their importance today while your banging on about past Trump exploits are out of all proportion to there importance today.

Curiously the most immediate importance of Trump today is how he is going to handle endorsements for the 2022 elections and how that effects the most conservative Republicans running in key races. That has yet to attract much of your attention so far. Of course, as we head into 2023 and 2024 Trump will loom large indeed and we all will have to turn our attention to that problem soon after the 2022 general election.

After 30 years you shouldn’t be bringing him up EVER if bringing up something from 3 years Or 3 months is problematic.

The issue with lips is a broken campaign promise which You have Zero problem with anyway. So why would you ever bring him up. Hypocricy. Another example. You find Bush’s broken promises (and not even broken in actuality) noteworthy but Trump’s repeated and flagrant ones to be without comment.

RE: Biden’s quote on guns from 35 years ago. I suppose folks should be able to alter their opinions over a 35 year period of time. For instance in 1985 there were Zero mass shootings. The next year there was one. In 2018 there were 12. Things change.

Lip’s broken promise that I recall came at the behest of Tip O’Neil was simply the low point in a nauseatingly “Bushie” centrist administration which was reproduced by his son Uniter who I consistently failed to vote for when he ran for his second term as well. Again, other than the fact that they caused me to not vote Republican for one of the few times in my life, I don’t bring them up at all in terms of getting into the weeds about the details of their policy any more than I bring Trump up in terms of the details of his policies.

There is also a difference between us in that while I have a keen interest in history and discussing history I find it nowhere near as useful as you do talking about the DETAILS of the recent past when talking about politics which to me is a forward looking subject. The recent past is useful only insofar as it is instructive about the near future when viewed as a whole from 10,000 feet, that’s all. Trump is a force to be dealt with and his past caused me to support Cruz in 2016 and will cause me to support a conservative alternative in 2024 if one is available, otherwise the details of what he did or didn’t do about this policy or that is of little interest.

The difference between the Bushies and Trump is the Democratic Party, as shown by the demented Big Guy’s administration, is now controlled by its left flank so it presents itself as a definitively left wing party that is fully supportive of the Cultural Marxist agenda. Again, I opposed Trump getting the nomination in 2016 and will do so again in 2024 but thanks to the leftward migration of the Democratic Party the luxury of venting my disgust with a Republican candidate by voting third party/independent is to a great extent gone. Unquestionably I will have to vote for Trump if he is the Republican nominee so given there is no alternative I have other fish to fry rather than brooding about Trump’s less attractive attributes.

Robert Levy, chairman of the board at the Cato Institute, in a Cato policy report dated September/October 2020, observed:

Since peaking in the early 1990s, gun homicide has declined by 44 percent nationwide. Overall gun crime victimization is down roughly 70 percent.
            During that same period, the number of guns in circulation nearly doubled.
            U.S. residents own more than one gun per person. Guns are way up, and gun
            killings are way down.

You wouldn’t think so from the mass-media coverage. Nonetheless, as Levy stated:
            “Multivictim spree killings are a fraction of 1 percent of all murders in the United
            States.”

Cryan says:

Biden has a 60% approval rating. What was Trump’s?

Beatrice Shaw says:

None of these are my county. WE need relief also in middle Tennessee. Counties around Nashville are suffering severely.

Donna Locke says:

What about our gouged-out roads in Columbia made even worse by the snow and heavy rains? I have to drive 10 miles an hour over all of them or else replace all my tires every month. We won’t get into that West 7th Street mess that certain people made a big profit off of with a big federal grant and which still isn’t finished 3 or more years later. I wrote a letter to the editor before they started it, and I now look like a damn prophet. Businesses on that street have gone out because of the torn-up mess.

“They” took two years to “fix” a small curve on a country road I travel every day, and the curve is now more dangerous than it was! Big waste of orange-and-white barrels.

If you are still riding a motorcycle, Erik, don’t ride in the unimportant parts of Maury County. GM in Spring Hill is getting a fine new access road, however, that Columbia will have to maintain. Whee!

Columbia has been scammed going and coming since the Eighties, starting with GM, and even further back if you count the chemical companies such as Union Carbide and Monsanto, which poisoned all of us and killed our dads, many of them. We have and have had very stupid leadership in Maury County. I include current Columbia mayor, Chaz Molder, in that, but I would still vote for him for governor over Bill Lee.

Donna Locke says:

There was nothing wrong with nice, wide West 7th Street that needed fixing, by the way. I will take the opportunity to say you should NEVER narrow or reduce road lanes in a high- and growing-traffic area. Never.

Sidewalks. Ye gods. There was almost no pedestrian traffic on West 7th or at the major hospital intersection they made a big thing about. I have yet to see a pedestrian on the newish big sidewalks in the middle of the Trotwood-Bypass intersection at the hospital, or anywhere else there. You would be risking your life.

Our leaders fall for any pitch made by the profiteers.

Fix the Roads !

Cryan says:

Remember when Stuart said Trumpidians would settle down and “get in line or get out” of the GQP primaries?

Donald Trump, GQP party boss, just cleared the field in next year’s Georgia Senate primary and nominated a no-record, celebrity candidate who currently resides in Texas — Herschel Walker.

The GQP just can’t break their obsession with celebrities.

He is a celebrity but he is also a Black Male…and that is going to upset the Staci Abrams race baiting Democrat plan for GA in the mid terms. The only thing that can derail this is for Trumpidians to start a non-stop harangue about stolen elections as they did for 3 solid months from Nov – Jan .

The GA senate races are the reason we are in the legislative mess we’re in. No Biden tax hikes, no green new deal~ virtually none of it could be done had Republicans held the Senate

Cryan says:

Yeah, Trump thought he could win over black voters with Kayne West, too. GQP tokenism doesn’t work, but it’s cute they keep trying this failed strategy.

Kanye West had a mental melt down right in front of cameras in the oval office. Not quite the same thing.

Cryan says:

The idea behind the Kayne stunt was the GQP’s low energy attempt to win black voters simply by showcasing a black Republican. I don’t know why they still assume that’s all it will take to massively realign party ID. If that worked, we’d have a Herman Cain 9-9-9 tax system by now.

I agree they’ll lose if they make the race about Jan. 6, 2021 — which both Trump and Democrats eagerly want to do.

The funniest part to me, though, is knowing Stuart must be fuming over a no-record, celebrity guaranteed to be nominated by the ruling Trump faction of the GQP instead of a Heritage approved candidate.

Donna Locke says:

The Georgia Dems already had the numbers to win in Georgia; they just got the vote out. It doesn’t matter how many Republicans may have stayed home. The Dems had and have the numbers now. The demographics changed. When heavily Republican Cobb County flipped some time ago, that was the bellwether. I used to live in Cobb. None of this was a surprise to many. We will see if the Dems continue to vote.

Both Perdue and Loeffler were ahead in the NOV election and only had a run off b/c they did get 50% Perdue actually led Warnock 49.7 to 48.

And the others who had fractional votes leaned conservative.

Only in Jan did the Rep Lose the Senate.

Donna Locke says:

We will get the same migrations and political flips in Tennessee. Our state government is assuring it.

Cryan says:

Oracle is bringing 8,500 new families to Nashville. Just in time for the new statewide chancery court elections.

No Record Candidate Herschel Walker is very regrettable but unless we have particularly bad luck he should be stark improvement over Warnock (Heritage-0%) if he is successful. On a happier note, the 3 1/2 Lamars Retirement Project received good news from Ohio where we look forward to replacing Sen. Rod “Lamar” Portman (Heritage-59%) when a “Lamar” wannabe, Steve Stivers (54%) announced his retirement to become. . .(guess). . . CEO OF THE OHIO CHAMBER OF COMMERCE! LOL! A 54% guy head of the Chamber – PERFECT!!!

Well, that clears out one worthless candidate who loomed large in the 2022 Ohio Republican primary where the Project’s choice is solid conservative Josh Mandel. Ohio has moved rightward in recent years as it has lost its heavy manufacturing with its unions that once dominated the state so the Republican nominee will be favored to win.

Cryan says:

That’s good news for celebrity author and no-record candidate JD Vance. He will receive the bulk of Strivers’ votes.

Trump may have not been helpful in Georgia, but with any luck he can be of use in Alaska where the absolutely hideous Lisa Murkowski (Heritage-39%!) is up for reelection. There’s going to be a number of challengers to Murkowski as you can imagine and Trump promised to go to Alaska and campaign against her with his endorsing the much more conservative Kelly Tshibaka likely. Tshibaka may be the recipient of a grant from the SIA Evangelical Conservative PCF if the polls show she has a chance of winning. MURKOWSKI IS A NIGHTMARE but I say wait and see if The Club For Growth endorses Tshibaka or another of her opponents..

What legislative (to generate an all-important score of some sort) has the Kelly T woman held. I know you can’t support a no-record person who jumps up to run for Senate!!!

Kelly T. held the post of “Commissioner of Administration” which apparently is enough to have established her as a staunch pro-lifer and get the attention of the Trumpidians because, of course, Trump hate Murkowski. Kelly T. has Trumpidians flocking to her campaign like Bill Stepien as well as defections from Murkowski’s campaign. Murkowski is in a class of awful practically all to herself. When a Republican in Congress has a Heritage score of 39% after serving a significant amount of time and she comes from a reasonably conservative state like Alaska I say if Kelly T. is the most conservative candidate with a reasonable chance of winning I’m with her because MURKOWSKI HAS TO GO!

Actually even Murkowski hasn’t officially declared for re-election so far so Kelly T. it the only Republican in the race. I expect others will follow insofar as Murkowski lost the Republican primary in 2016. One of Rupert Murdock leftist daughter-in-laws contributed $500,000 to successful efforts for Alaska to change its election to an open primary where there is one primary with candidates from both parties running where the top four candidates from both parties proceed to the general and that election will be held under “ranked-choice” rules. This gives Murkowski a much better chance than she had in 2016. I hate Murkowski but the SIA Evangelical Conservative PCF isn’t going to send money unless she has a reasonable chance of getting beat.

She has no record. You know that “record” means voting record on legislation and that’s how you get those scores you rely on for everything.

But she’s got other attributes that may allow her to win, so you’ll set aside your “need to stop funding no-record” candidates.” On and on you keep this drumbeat til you decide to chuck it aside.

But of course you are wrong which I know surprises you every time I find the need to say it. In this case you are wrong about my relying on the scores “for everything.” The scores are invaluable in discerning how a legislator is doing his job, which of course is primarily voting “yea” when the correct vote for a conservative is “yea” and “nay” when it’s not. In some cases such as this when there isn’t a legislator running one must go to other sources as I so successfully did in the race between Sethi and Hagerty when neither were legislators hence they had no score.

Kelly T. has an attribute which at this stage of the 2022 race is a key one but not the one you mentioned, i. e. SHE’S THE ONLY REPUBLICAN RUNNING AGAINST MURKOWSKI! I expect others to enter the race at which time I will re-evaluate. If a legislator enters the race, for example, with a high ACU/Heritage score of course that beats being a Trumpidian who was “Commissioner of Administration”. I must admit, however, given how unusually harmful Murkowski is to this country as a Republican electability does loom larger than usual in my calculations.

Please don’t allow yourself to be distracted by the thankless task of trying to find an inconsistency in my methodology as it is applied from election to election. Rather, follow me and keep your eye on the prize i. e. MURKOWSKI MUST GO! She is so bad that the odds are overwhelmingly in our favor of replacing her with someone significantly better. We are way beyond the usual task of replacing a useless “Lamar” here.

I am sure there are numerous individuals who are anxious to see where the SIAECPCF sends its grants in aid to needy conservative candidates. That being so I promise to keep everyone informed with my usual full explanation that you have come to expect.

Cryan says:

This will be the biggest story of the election cycle. Democrats luck into a Senate seat in Alaska because Trump blows up the GQP primary.

You love to see it.

Beatrice Shaw says:

HOW is Biden demented? He is not demented. Crazy talk

Yesterday at 3:45 PM in the second paragraph I addressed myself to that very question. Beatrice, I know Das Kapital is riveting, but please put it down long enough to pay attention to the interesting conversations that take place on this forum.

Trump told us that the Continental Army took over the airports. He called the Apple CEO, Tim Cook, Tim Apple (then said it was to “conserve words” ), suggested ingesting bleach would act as a “sort of cleaning”, the Kidney has a special place in the heart (WHaaaat?) .

Stumbled over words like anonymous, totalitarianism when reading them off of a teleprompter. Couldn’t remember SCOTUS Anthony (whatever) and said “you know who I’m talking about’ AND ON and ON and ON

Demented? I don’t think so. All of this is just having cameras catch and remind us of every foible.

Trump has a large family, but I don’t think he ever mixed up the names of members of his own family. Is the Big Guy demented? YOU BET HE IS!

And you have Biden derangement syndrome. You have no proof, no diagnosis, no statement from any professional. Everything I have ever posted about Trump’s POLICIES, not his demeaner which Lord knows has issues, has been fact based. If it weren’t you’d have attacked me by pointing out factual errors which you have not ever done. Which leaves you sadly, with just tds. It’s the only answer you could ever mount. Not too intellectually impressive, Stuart.

Donna Locke says:

Trump didn’t sleep much. Sharpness declines till one does. Biden is getting plenty of sleep and still can’t get it together.

How do you know how much sleep Biden is getting?

Cryan says:

Yeah, it’s hard to sleep much when you’re snorting Adderall.

Cryan says:

And when your airways are obstructed by all that fat

Cryan says:

And when you’re up late watching hookers pee on each other.

#FamilyValues

Donna Locke says:

I’m guessing because I’ve read Biden knocks off for the day by 7 p.m. Seems to tuck himself in not long after.

We know how late Trump was up.

Jonathan Swift says:

Donna, you apparently guess about everything. Facts would be refreshing coming from you.

Donna Locke says:

Jonathan, you can do a search on Beddy-Bye Biden’s bedtime. News media reports have said he goes to bed early.

What else do you want to know? I will guess up some more facts for you.

I do recommend that people get as much sleep as they can, particularly if they are leading the Free World. I think I beat Covid by sleeping a lot–my body made me–and recently some researchers said there is a definite link there.

Hey everybody, sorry to bother you but I know a number of you feel I should afford the demented Big Guy more respect by not calling him “the demented Big Guy.” Well, I’m a conservative and as you all know respect runs in our DNA so I want to be a bit more respectful to tdBG than leftists were to Uniter Bush and Trump so I am searching for an alternative. One of my favorite commentators, Mark Steyn has come up with a name for tdBG that you may like better, “the motheaten sock-puppet.” Kind of catchy don’t you think and there will be no problem with a diagnosis that MARLE has insisted upon. I’ll have to think about it.

*cringe*

Sounds like Gutfield! wrote that “joke”

Jonathan Swift says:

Stuart, don’t hurt yourself too much thinking. Just call him “Commissar” so you can sleep better during your frequent naps.

I really hate to do that Jonathan. As a conservative I am, of course, a thoughtful person so slapping the word “Commissar” in front of the name of your garden variety leftist brings us back to the early 50’s when it was common for left-of-center people being called “Communist” or “Red” at the slightest provocation. Sort of the mirror image of mindless leftists calling people “RACIST” simply because they don’t sympathize with some part of the Cultural Marxist program today.

No Jonathan, I’ve decided to stick with “demented Big Guy” after all. First, because of pride of authorship and second because it shows my contempt for the President by highlighting his physical disqualification for being President along with the sleaze that oozes out of a examination of his history in “public service.”

Sleaze. You are worried about and consider sleaze to be a disqualifier? Oh, pl–eeeeezzze!

OH NO MARLE, it’s not a disqualifier for anything unless the majority of voters wish it to be so.. The demented Big Guy is President isn’t he?

As was Trump. And as are so many in our Congress. And I assume as is the case for donors to sleaze candidates who get rich off of their position in both state and national seats.

I don’t think donors, whose sacrifice for their country is to be applauded by all those who share the donor’s political beliefs, are tainted with sleaze even if it turns out the recipient of the donations are sleaze balls. The donors can’t be expected to know of the wrongdoing of the donee since very few candidates run on a platform promising sleaze.

With each response I anticipate your falling farther off the logic scale and again, with that remark, you don’t disappoint.

The Biden sleaze to which you’ve been referring is illicit or at least shady dealings having to do with his time in office.

He didn’t run on a promise of sleaze. Nor did Trump or any of the state or national candidates you’ve supported. That doesn’t mean they haven’t feathered their nests in ways that are publicized and obvious and yet donors kept financially supporting them b/c frankly sleaze only matters when the other guy is doing it. Sadly

Taxpayer #314 says:

“The donors can’t be expected to know of the wrongdoing of the donee…” is just your assumption, and is simply not true. One can, and sometimes does Learn about a candidate before you vote, liars are left out, cheaters are eliminated, crooks not allowed. Don’t depend on somebody’s nonsensical numerical rankings that goes by how they voted on issues but on how truthful and honest they are. Look no further than the sleaze-ball Trump and his gaggle of hangers-on of crooks, thieves and assorted sexual misfits and other grifters. Even a minimal amount of investigation into Trumps’ background would tell any sane person or potential donor how he would govern. To believe otherwise is simply to foster a lie that “one can’t be expected to know of the wrongdoings of a candidate .” Misleading conservative speak!

Out of all that I was able to salvage one intelligent sentence, “Even a minimal amount of investigation into Trump’s background would tell any sane person or potential donor how he would govern’. Quite right, that’s why I was an Alternate Cruz delegate to the 2016 Republican Convention after making significant donations to the Cruz For President campaign and the SIA Evangelical Conservative Presidential PCF has never, and will never, contribute a dime to a Trump presidential campaign.

Taxpayer #314 says:

That makes sense for you Stuart, since Cruise the weasel is not a speck higher on the truth or fairness scale than Trump but he might be higher on your Heritage scaley scale. And the same minimum amount of investigation into Cruise’s background would eliminate him from any consideration the same as trump. I am still searching for your one intelligent sentence from your long ramblings of nonsense above. I will let you know when I find something that fits that description.

Taxpayer #314 says:

Stuart, you act like the crooked conservatives are squarely in charge of the country now and will be forever. You should always remember that the 50 Republicans in the Senate represent 40.5 MILLION FEWER Americans than the 50 Democrats in the Senate. The deck has been stacked in the Republicans favor and you all have come to rely on that unbalanced and unfair system. Republicans now feel like they don’t have to appeal to or answer to their voters at all and yet they still scream about all the Democrats cheating. Republicans also stacked the deck in the Supreme court. We have three sitting Supreme Court judges that were appointed by presidents who did not even win a majority of the popular vote. Yet they are the first ones who scream…”stop the steal!”

Donna Locke says:

The Census counts noncitizens. Representation is absurdly based on inclusion of the numbers of foreign nationals residing in states.

Cryan says:

Because the Constitution requires the “actual enumeration” of the “whole number of persons”

I fail to see your point, however, as most unlawful residents live in Texas and are represented by Ted Cruz.

Of course you’re the same person who claims to have cured Covid-19 with colloidal silver and essential oils, so it’s starting to make sense. Do you spend a lot of time on Facebook looking at the cringe memes your fellow boomers post?

Donna Locke says:

You are a liar and a fool, Cryan. I never said or wrote any such thing. I have nothing to do with the silver or any essential oils. I recommended black elderberry extract, which was developed by a VIROLOGIST in Israel a long time ago and has been scientifically tested against flu viruses. It may not work against Covid, but it is a safe thing to try. I have used it successfully for years, including against probable Covid infection in January. I am 70 years old. I did other things in addition to the elderberry. Do you what you please. I don’t care if you croak. I am putting the info out there.

My daughter believes she avoided being hospitalized with Covid because she took the black elderberry. She has given it to her children for years. We tend to get very sick with any respiratory virus.

And I am not on Facebook or Twitter. I’m sure you waste a lot of time there.

Cryan says:

Does your daughter also sell Monat or Scentsy or Plexis or some other pyramid scheme? I’m sure it runs in the family.

Donna Locke says:

We do not stand to profit in any way from sales of black elderberry extract. This extract proved almost miraculous for me many years ago for a long, antibiotic-resistant infection I got in a foreign country. It may not help everyone, but people need to know about this tested and safe remedy.

Be sure to post any evidence here of our involvement in any pyramid scheme. We did climb a Mayan step pyramid. I’m looking right now at a photo of us on it.