Where to watch Gov. Lee’s roundtable on criminal justice reform

Gov. Bill Lee welcomes delegates to a summit on economically distressed counties in Linden on Aug. 13, 2019. (Erik Schelzig, Tennessee Journal)

Gov. Bill Lee is hosting a virtual roundtable on criminal justice reform Wednesday featuring former U.S. House Speaker Newt Gingrich, former Texas Gov. Rick Perry, and others.

The event starts at 11:15 a.m. Central, and can be viewed at one two places:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GovBillLee/

YouTube:  https://www.youtube.com/c/GovBillLee/featured

30 Responses to Where to watch Gov. Lee’s roundtable on criminal justice reform

Phillip Lassiter says:

Good to places to make sure no one watches. Very few if any conservatives use FB and YoureScrewed anymore since they banned the President

Cryan says:

Which video platform is more popular than YouTube? Maybe the state IT department can program one up really quick and host it on their own servers. Of course, they would have to contract it out. They may have to postpone the event. RFPs can take a while.

Or they could just use YouTube.

McSwanson McSweeney says:

Silly folks just cannot get over their “righteous” indignation — well, that just seems dumb. No offense.

McSwanson,, are you talkin’ about the Cultural Marxists whose entire ethos thrives on “‘righteous’ indignation”? If so, you’re correct it’s dumb but until we push back it’s what we’re stuck with.

Stuart…are cultural marxist the ones who want gays to be able to marry (not form a civil union)? Are cultural marxists the ones who want the confederate flag removed from state capitols?

Do those 2 proposals come from cultural marxists? Yes or no. Not interested in some red herring side bar. Just YES or NO

So when you don’t have an answer you’d like to admit to then you simply defect. Tell us what a cultural marxist, a term YOU, not I , put out so often involves. You through out the term constantly YET you won’t tell me the circumstances that apply.

What is wrong with expecting a very frequent and verbose and repetitive commenter to clarify a term he is now using constantly? Name calling is not an intelligent answer. Sad to see that it is the ONLY response you can make work for you.

Well Commissar “YES or NO,” when I’m asked a question and told how to answer it in a volitional setting I decline to come out and play. Obviously you are used to being surrounded by people who stand and salute at the sound of your command because you seem to expect that kind of response. I hope you are surrounded by people like that now and for the duration because I am sure everyone involved has a good time under those circumstances. Unfortunately, time and again I have proven myself to be at my very worst under those circumstances.

Does you term cultural marxist apply to those who want to deny marriage as an option for gays? Does it apply to those who oppose removing the confederate flag from the capitol?

Why won’t you tell people what these so-called cultural marxist stand for?

I agree with you. When you are asked to be specific about the pejoratives you toss around you are indeed “at your very worst under those circumstances”. Most people who are bigots, homophobes, etc ARE VERY much at their worst when called to explain the details.

Makes perfect sense. Deflect; evade; become defensive; call names. But all the while continue to throw out the pejoratives. I thought you had some measure of intellectual integrity but ~ not really.

Some other time and some other place, ask me again.

Cryan says:

Stuart is a Hitler apologist. An extreme authoritarian pretending to be a libertarian but fooling no one. Deflection is his only defense.

“Liberal ghettos”, “renting women”, etc. are some of his greatest hits you may remember.

What’s your current obsession MARLE. “Sexual equity” or winning the Stasi Commissar Act Alike Contest?

Eddie White says:

I’ll give you credit Stuart, when you post, it certainly riles up the leftist nuts.

Cryan says:

Serious question Eddie and Stuart: is aging as bad as it seems, or is it bliss when you get there?

Why are you so angry and scared about the future generations? You sound like the people who thought JFK was the antichrist, Elvis was the antichrist, the Beatles were the antichrist, etc.

Didn’t you all laugh at them back then? Well, we’re laughing at you now. Fox News is laughing all the way to the bank.

You don’t have much time left. Do you really want to waste it this way?

Eddie White says:

I can’t believe you called Elvis the Antichrist. Our southern boy hero from Tupelo who lit up the world on Union Ave in Memphis! ( I hope I did not offend you by using the term “southern “).

Cryan says:

Good one, Eddie. I’ve been to Graceland multiple times so don’t question my stand on Elvis 😉

Politics in America is so black and white and unnuanced. I consider myself a centrist on economic issues. I am definitely libertarian (not the US political party) leaning over authoritarian. That makes me a leftist on this blog.

As far as our two political parties go, only one barely has its act together. Both had the extremists Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders. One nominated its extremist and the other got its act together and nominated Biden.

The backlash to Biden from the far right is “How can you worship a man like this?” So far, Democrats don’t nominate people they can worship. They nominate people who are at least decent at governing.

We’ll see what the future holds, but until then Democrats are the better party no matter what Fox News tells you. Trump was impeached trying to derail Biden’s campaign and get Bernie the nomination. Why? Because he knew he was going to lose.

Cryan says:

And by better party, I just mean somewhat (for reasons unknown) slightly better (given their ability to make good nominations no matter what Fox says about AOC running the party). They aren’t perfect but they are much more pragmatic than Republicans.

See Trump, Bill Lee and the Tennessee General Assembly. What a bunch of jokes. That’s the Grand old party. Sorry

Try to follow along Eddie…..Cryan didn’t say that Elvis was the antiChrist. He said that there were folks, back then, who resisted any and all change and in their attempt to discredit anyone who was different they Labeled Them with Pejoratives. Just like someone on this blog does almost daily.

So Cryan wasn’t saying Elvis was anything but an innovator and a great talent. He was saying that there were folks, like Stuart, who were stuck in the past (I guess when America was great back in the 1800’s) and hated Elvis, the Beatles, JFK or anyone who was different in their ideas.

Donna Locke says:

In response to some comments not directed to me:

The future looks good only for the people currently looting this country, and their days are numbered. No one will escape the future that has now been set. If one has offspring, then one has a bound investment in and responsibility toward the future.

Aging is great, or can be. The keys are to keep moving physically and mentally. The two affect each other. Stay flexible. New paths often open up around age 50, and if you take them, you will get a new chapter in life. Sometimes the new roads open up if you take a single step in some direction. You make a road that wasn’t there before you took that step. In a sense, you are the road, but the road was a possibility in waiting.

Eddie White says:

Thank you Marle. You and Cryan are certainly two peas in the same pod.

No, Eddie we are Very different in that I have for 50 years voted straight Republican. I don’ think he has done that. I am against illegal immigration and have been forever. And I am against LEGAL “chain migration”. I am FOR a tax code that closes loopholes as Trump promised but did NOT deliver.

I am for freedom to do what you want (legally) so long as your freedom does not impose a financial burden on me. According to the statistics I, and my children, pay in Annual FEDERAL income tax (not payroll, not sales, not property) close to 10X more than the Average American MAKES in salary.

So…I am probably NOT Like Cryan but I hate to see the things someone says MISrepresented and so I step in, not to defend that person’s belief system, but to keep him from being chastised for something he Did Not say.

McSwanson McSweeney says:

Um, nope. That’s not what I’m talkin’ ’bout. … Also not sure how/why you’d make that leap. Thoughts and prayers.

Sorry, that’s the only association that possibly made any sense to me. You couldn’t be talking about the way conservatives are outraged at “Big Tech’s” openly and flagrantly censoring conservative books and thoughts from its platforms while allowing leftists free reign. That “righteous indignation” is not only not “dumb,” it’s a perfectly natural and expected reaction from conservatives who are being treated outrageously unfairly from what are supposed to be neutral disseminators of information. The only alternative I could think of was the outrage of Cultural Marxist to numerous institutions in our culture and society in their attempts to destabilize the western world so it’s ripe for “fundamental change” in the Marxist image. Just trying to make your vague general statement sensible McSwanson, no offense, and thoughts and prayers to you too.

Donna Locke says:

Nothing useful to potential victims there. I have 4 grandchildren with me this week who know my sister only through photos.

LeeAnn C says:

No need. I’ve heard plenty of speeches from Newt and Rick Perry. I also know that Greg Abbott had yo clean up Governor Perry’s mess on this issue. I’d rather hear Governor Abbott’s perspective, for out of state ideas. Within Tennessee, I prefer to listen to those representing the victims and their families!

Well said LeeAnn! If we could just find a way of applying a tourniquet to Lee’s heart so we can stop the bleeding before he does real damage over the next six years.

Cryan says:

You’re an idiot if you think Bill Lee can survive a primary against the WWE dude from Knoxville. 2 more years max.

Cryan says:

Fascist.

The Republican Civil War continues. Authoritarians Tucker, Stuart, and the QAnons had their asses handed to then by Governor Hutchinson on Tucker’s very own program. (I imagine a producer will be fired after this and the Matt Gaetz/Carlson child sex trafficking fiasco).

Governor Hutchinson is a conservative. Stuart is a fool who believes in the culture wars. It’s Merry Christmas not Adam and Steve.

Taxpayer #314 says:

After it is all said and done, this will be a disappointing gaggle of unimpressive and behind the times speakers that will surprise no one in their yesterday thinking. Dull conservatives with tried and failed obsolete ideas and no new plans for the future. The conservative and republican participants just don’t realize that they are on a sinking ship yet. I do hope that the declining & recurring scam extractions from the donor class will help adjust the thinking of the supporters and donors downward towards something more in line with political reality.

Kosh III says:

“And I am against LEGAL “chain migration”.

Yep. Melania’s parents got in that way despite Trump’s rants against it. Hypocrisy.