U.S. Capitol incursion, bust removal among top stories of first half of 2021

Gov. Bill Lee speaks to reporters after a bill signing ceremony in Nashville on May 24, 2021. (Erik Schelzig, Tennessee Journal)

Here are the 10 most-viewed posts on the TNJ: On the Hill blog through the first half of 2021.

10. New PAC takes aim at Gov. Bill Lee’s re-election bid. April 29, 2021.

9. Knoxville ballpark, Tebow charity among entities getting grants in Lee budget. April 14, 2021.

8. Hagerty names Jim Henry as state director. Jan. 13, 2021.

7. Feds rescind effort to lock in Medicaid changes made by Trump administration. Feb. 23, 2021.

6. FBI visit to Tennessee Capitol sparks jitters. March 10, 2021.

Federal agents meet with legislative staffers outside the office of Rep. Glen Casada (R-Franklin) in Nashville on Jan. 8, 2021. (Erik Schelzig, Tennessee Journal)

5. Here are the projected amounts headed to TN cities and counties under the COVID relief program. March 30, 2021.

4. Speaker Sexton strips Griffey of committee assignments. March 25, 2021.

Rep. Bruce Griffey (R-Paris) attends a meeting at the legislative office building in Nashville on Dec. 20, 2018. (Erik Schelzig, Tennessee Journal)

3. GOP lawmaker levels impeachment threat over bust removal. March 15, 2021.

2. Tennessee congressional delegation recoils at Capitol incursion. Jan. 6, 2021.

1. Former commissioner reports Rep. Weaver to DC police. Jan. 14, 2021.

Rep. Terri Lynn Weaver (R-Lancaster) attends a briefing on the coronavirus pandemic in Nashville on March 16, 2020. (Erik Schelzig, Tennessee Journal)

23 Responses to U.S. Capitol incursion, bust removal among top stories of first half of 2021

Cryan says:

Terri Lynch Weaver is a traitor and her actions during the January 6 insurrection should continue to be the top story in Tennessee politics.

Lock her up.

Jason Wallflower says:

Weaver is a joke and a RINO. Her poor district deserves a real republican, not someone as unserious as her. All she cares about is singing the second verse of the national anthem and being front and center at public events.

Cryan says:

Maybe a true Q Patriot will primary her, and we will no longer be subjected to her caterwauling.

Eddie White says:

She only got 78% of the vote in the last election.

And more importantly Eddie Terri Lynn (ACU-89%) is a past recipient of a grant from the Stuart I. Anderson Evangelical Conservative Political Contribution Fund to help her launch her fine career in the General Assembly. The only disappointment I have with her is that she never did seek higher office. I wish great conservatives like Terri had the ambition to go as far as they can.

Cryan says:

If there’s anything Stuart knows, it’s a fellow Never-Trumper RINO like Terri Lynch and Bill Lee. But don’t take my word for it.

January 16, 2021 Stuart I. Anderson says:

“Trump was WRONG, the Republicans who voted for him were WRONG and I did what I could to prevent it. I expected nothing and received a little more than I expected. Case closed.
          Trump is a jerk. He was a jerk as President. He was a jerk as a candidate the second time and therefore lost. He is going out like a jerk. CASE CLOSED!”

Source: https://onthehill.tnjournal.net/former-commissioner-reports-rep-weaver-to-dc-police/

Careful!! You’re going to be accused of micro-analyzing which is the go-to when the truth (Stuart will now micro-analyze the word “truth” by going to his dictionary) is exposed.

Can’t believe the recipients of the Stuart contributions will be happy with his public comments about their hero.

MARLE recipients of grants from the SIAECPCF are very conservative individuals, as such, they were almost certainly well raised reasonable individuals so they are always thankful and happy to receive grants from the SIAECPCF. This is in stark contrast to authoritarian leftists who want to “cancel” even fellow leftists for their current beliefs and/or beliefs expressed as much as over a decade ago.

I didn’t say they wouldn’t be happy to take your money. I said they wouldn’t be happy with YOU for your expressed attitude about their god (little G).

Are you sure you’re “investing” in moving things Rightward when their is no evidence of success or are you purchasing paid mourners which I have seen childless, recluses do.

It’s hard to know how people who are strangers will feel about anything, but I approach strangers with the assumption that they are reasonable individuals prepared, of course, for them to do something to prove me wrong. I would therefore assume that as reasonable people the recipients of grants from the SIAECPCF are reassured by the fact that I will most surely vote for Trump if he is the Republican nominee once again while understanding that job one is for all of us right-of-center must stay unified if we are to have any chance of success in 2022 or 2024.

I play around with the idea of my body to be thrown into a common grave with a minimum of ceremony a la Mozart adhering to his Freemason beliefs. Of course, upon my passing the conservative movement will be well taken care of indeed so my name will be praised for many years after my passing anyway. To call that “purchasing paid mourners” is the type of cynicism we can expect from the “Madame NO!” of this forum.

What you obviously fail to understand, MARLE, is contributing to conservative candidates is not done with the same motivation that causes one to buy a stock or bet on a horse. In the latter case success in the form of making money is the only goal. In the former case while victory is the goal the motivation is to give this country at least a fighting chance to survive as the land of the free in the face of the leftists who through government control and social Cultural Marxism are determined to fundamentally change this country in an authoritarian direction. Just to know I am giving the people of this country that chance is greatly satisfying to me in and of itself.

No one sings your praises quite as well as you do so when you’re gone there will be a noticeable diminution.

The self-delusion that you are funding a rightward movement is unwavering but sadly with no discernable evidence. Lucky for you the left wingers have insisted we empty out the asylums.

Of course MARLE I would assume that all your life people have told you that extreme modesty was one of your few shortcomings so I can see why you may find that my rendition of my accomplishments off-putting. In addition, I am surprised that you cannot acknowledge the fact that the Republican Party has moved to the right over the years.

Take the party of lets say Thomas E. Dewey, through Dwight D. Eisenhower through Nelson Rockefeller/George Romney/Chuck Percy, and compare that Republican Party with the Republican Party of today and you will find that there has been a notable movement to the right. Unfortunately, that movement has not been as sharp or as fast as the movement to the left by the Democratic Party. So what I and my fellow conservative activists are engaged in is simply attempting to sharpen the trajectory and quicken the pace of the already ongoing movement to the right.

Taxpayer #314 says:

Stuart is always stating (falsely) that those “bad, Democratic liberals” posting on this site are constantly stating and encouraging the Republicans and the Conservatives to go against each other. He believes and repeatedly stresses that the nut-job GOP and his Conservative party can and do get along very well and there is no friction between the groups at all. Of course, the resignation of the entire upper level management of the Greene County GOP in South Carolina today should put an end to that nonsensical theory. The group of long time GOP officials that resigned in Greene County blamed the new group, MY SCGOP stating that the new group was a “fringe, rogue group using Antifa style tactics to essentially dismantle the Greene County GOP.” The GOP leadership went on to say that “the members of the new MYSCGOP group have berated, harassed & sued fellow Republicans.” It sounds like harmony to me! The thieves have turned to cheating the crooks. The Republican party is dwindling daily, it does not need the help of Democrats to implode from it’s own dirty tricks. But I do hope that ole Stu keeps making his large contributions to these fine people, it makes him feel so good! It doesn’t do anything to improve a single thing in our state or elsewhere but he feels better and can grandstand and brag about his special effect on the scores, don’t forget those magical meaningless scores.

Misty Pardner says:

Whoops! Looks like Stuie is talking out of both sides of his mouth. Much like his beloved Casada. Well done, Cryan.

Oh Mist, I anticipated that you are one who appreciates a finely reasoned “gotcha” contribution to this forum, but to those of us who don’t share your appreciation of such things can you please explain exactly in what way I am “. . .talking out of both sides of [my] mouth.” On the one hand the SIAECPCF sent a grant to Terri Lynn anticipating she would be a great conservative legislator. In fact, Terri Lynn has turned out to be a great conservative legislator as indicated by her 89% ACU score. On the other hand I don’t care for Trump, nor do I care for Bartok, facial hair on men and baggy pants on women. Now we know Terri Lynn likes Trump, and indeed she might love Bartok and also be attracted to scruffy/bearded men and own a closet full of baggy pants. Now the question is what does any of that have to do with the grant from the SIAECPCF?

Cryan says:

What does that have to do with anything? Let’s see. Terri Lynch represents Sumner, Trousdale, DeKalb, and Smith counties. I’m sure there’s at least one person in that district who could challenge her loyalty to Trump in the 2022 primary. It would be a shame if her RINO donors were exposed to the voters.

Return the donations, Terri Lynch, unless you want to be associated with this:

“The Republicans who voted for (Trump) were WRONG. Trump is a jerk. He… lost. He is going out (of office) like a jerk.”

Eddie White says:

The most recent poll speaks for itself. 90% of Tennessee Republicans like and support President Trump. Weaver is very much in line with the voters of Dekalb, Smith, and Trousdale counties. Stuart would have a hard time finding any conservatives to donate to who are not Trump supporters.

Cryan says:

That’s too bad for Stuart, but I don’t care. Would Terri Lynch be comfortable with Trump-Republican voters knowing she is funded by RINOs like Stuart? Interesting that she keeps his money even though it’s horribly insulting to the 45th POTUS (“jerk” – SIA). He said Trump lost the election. Do 90% of Republicans agree that Trump lost because he’s a “jerk”? I don’t think many of them believe he lost at all.

Maybe Jason is right. Maybe she is a RINO as well. Maybe that district deserves someone who will stand up for Trump, ACU scores be damned.

There’s time. The filing deadline is over 10 months away.

Apparently your parrot-master isn’t one of that 90%.

Taxpayer #314 says:

SIAECPCF is called out again. When I look this strange word up on line, it says it stands for “Stuart Is Always Espousing Crap, Particularly Creating Facts.”

Taxpayer #314 says:

Some people have recently noted that the catchy phrase SIAECPCF actually stands for: Stuart Is Already Entirely Cash Poor & Crying Freedom! It just rolls off the tongue.