Tennessee ranks fifth from bottom in COVID-19 vaccination rate

Graffiti scrawled on the side of a shuttered Nashville gas station denounces COVID-19 vaccinations on April 11, 2021. (Erik Schelzig, Tennessee Journal)

Tennessee ranks fifth-worst among the states for the percentage of residents who have received at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccines. The 30.3% rate was above only Louisiana, Georgia, Alabama, and Mississippi, according to CDC data compiled by The Washington Post.

Tennessee slipped another spot among states delivering both doses of the vaccine, with its rate of 18.2% besting only Alabama, Utah, and Georgia.

Here are the counties with the highest percentage of fully vaccinated residents:

• Loudon (26%)
  • Meigs (23%)
  • Pickett (23%)
  • Unicoi (23%)
  • Washington (23%)
  • Cumberland (22%)
  • Madison (22%)
  • Sullivan (22%)

Those with the lowest rates are:

• Moore (8%)
  • Sequatchie (10%)
  • Grundy (10%)
  • Lauderdale (11%)
  • Cannon (11%)

Among the state’s largest counties, Shelby’s rate was 17%, Davidson and Knox were at 19%, and Hamilton reached 21%.

The rollout will likely be further complicated by a recommendation by federal authorities to pause the adminstration of the single-shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

34 Responses to Tennessee ranks fifth from bottom in COVID-19 vaccination rate

It is an experimental vaccine.

Beatrice Shaw says:

a MANDATORY one, though that we ALL MUST HAVE in order to get back to normal.

Dr Byron Bush says:

NO MANDATES… No one has been elected to MANDATE the infusion of an experimental RNA genetic non-vaccine. If you are comfortable being part of the experiment, then congratulations… you’re now safe… return to normal. Oh wait, you’ve been told you must still wear that mask, socially distance and avoid those crowds. WOW… very effective. The real reason is that it fits an agenda and the masses are being programmed. Laugh and mock now… but we shall look back on the events of 2020 with clarity.
      After all… Hindsight is 2020…

What a prophetic visionary you seem to be. Any tips for the Kentucky Derby?

Cryan says:

For a man who can see the future, you would think he’d stop running for office every year just to lose.

Yeah, I’m taking my vaccine advice from a crazy dentist who is still upset about losing a case and thinks God ordained him to get elected to the US Senate to dismantle the Tennessee judiciary.

QAnon nut

Eddie White says:

Dr Bush, I certainly respect your opinion with the medical training you have had. Are you choosing not to get the vaccine? If so, what is your reasoning?

Dr. Byron V. Bush says:

Eddie, that is correct. I will not be getting the purported vaccine. First, I’ve already contracted the disease and was blessed that for me, it was less virulent than influenza. Second, there are too many disturbing facts surrounding the genetic variant and lack of public discourse or silencing that is being promoted, public shaming, etc. as we see in the surrounding comments contained herein, that I and my family will take our chances with natural immunity, vs. questionable science and Dr. Fauci’s tangled webb of compromised investments. The numbers do not add up. The cure is worse than the disease. The science is sketchy… and by the way… for those who have again distorted the record, I ran for office in 1994… 27 years ago.
          Marle, I have no vision for the KY Derby. JUST BE SURE TO GET THAT VACCINE SO YOU CAN STAY HOME and WEAR THAT MASK!
          Cryan… stop your cry-in… GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT…
          If truth and facts “matter”… then the OMISSION of the TRUTH and OMISSION of FACTS do matter. “IT MATTERS…”
          That is what a select few of our judges have done… PROVABLE LIES OF OMISSION… resulting in FRAUD UPON THE COURT… and you can take it to the bank that
          “Truth will ultimately prevail where there is [are] pains taken to bring it to light.”
          George Washington
          BLESSINGS

Cryan says:

Thank God for the judicial branch of government. Took you down a peg, didn’t they?

And they don’t give two flying f*cks about your pathetic life.

Somebody needs to report you to the Board of Dentistry for peddling falsehoods about coronavirus. You apparently didn’t learn your lesson the first time, good Christian.

Cryan says:

Also, I thought you weren’t supposed to lie. You ran for office last year, not just 27 years ago. The Tennessee Republican Party (aka Stuart Anderson) was so embarrassed of you they tried to kick you out of the primary. The story was covered by this outlet.

Liar.

Why would I stay home and wear a mask After a vaccine when I didn’t stay home all along? The minute they opened the doors to my gym on June 4 of last year I was there 5X a week with all the 20 and 30-somethings who were bullet proof and never wore masks.

Now I go just as I always did except now I don’t wear a mask either.

Btw….of all the boneheaded missteps made by Trump putting Fauci out there, front and center for months giving him an international platform and calling him “brilliant” was the worst mistake he made (and that’s saying A LOT).

Eddie White says:

TDS

Yes, Eddie. TDS. Trump didn’t bring Fauci front and center and Fauci didn’t contribute to the economic mess. YOU and Stuart need to admit when things go wrong and Who is responsible. Biden didn’t create Fauci and make him a star of the Covid response.

Cryan says:

There isn’t a mandate, dipshit. Go run for governor or something.

Dr. Byron V. Bush says:

Sure I ran for office last year Cryan… that was a given… and the last time 27 years ago. Again, you distort the record. And it was operatives for Manny Sethi that tried to keep me out of the primary when I was the only candidate with a record as having served in the Rep. Party as Chairman of Issues and Platform, etc. While I ran to win, I realized it as a long-shot given 14 other candidates and being outspent 30 to 1… but I had and still have a message that will eventually get out, supported by the record.
          Why do you resort to accusations that I’m a liar… references of “dipsh-t” that show your character? Why would you do that? You don’t even know me. Because you can’t argue the facts. Nor have I “peddled falsehoods about coronavirus”. I do have my doubts about its origin and suspicions about the so-called vaccine, but I support your right to decide for yourself… and would appreciate the same respect to make my own decision… and I have no desire to run for governor.
          No the judicial branch hasn’t taken me down a “peg”… but they have… just like you… distorted the facts… omitted the truth… resorted to lies… hiding behind their black robes.
          I do try to be a good Christian… because at heart I am a sinner… saved by Grace… and despite your attacks, I will pray for you and your salvation.
          BLESSINGS

Cryan says:

Oh, it’s all Manny Sethi’s fault. It couldn’t be Bill Hagerty. It had to be the token, non-white Manny Sethi who ruined your political career.

I heard it on Tucker. Whites are being replaced. I guess the War on Christmas really was your Vietnam.

Hopefully the GOP will go the way of the Whigs and Anti-Masonics soon.

BLESSINGS

Dr Byron Bush says:

No Cryan… it wasn’t Sethi’s fault or anyone’s fault. The fact is that when 15 people run for the same office… 14 will lose. But that’s OK. BTW… Thanks for the Blessing. We all need it… and the respect that comes with it.

Donna Locke says:

Offer money to get it. The gov seems to have plenty to throw around.

Lance Persson says:

Goes to show that Tennesseans have more common sense than the rest of the country who blindly follow and believe the biased media.

John David says:

No, actually it’s because the majority of you are simple-minded Trump loving yokels who are oh so skeptical of science, but perfectly fine with believing in some white haired sky daddy judging them and/or embrace the exhaustively documented lies of the Trump era.

Cryan says:

Let’s be fair. Yokels and poor people aren’t the behind the insane politics. Some of them might believe it, but they aren’t responsible for it. They generally don’t have the time to care about politics.

The people that have the privilege to take off work and storm the Capitol, sit around looking at Facebook all day reading anti-vaxx propaganda, and recruiting people to their shampoo and essential oil pyramid scheme are middle and upper class dumbasses.

Most poor people are just trying to survive working in an Amazon warehouse with no bathroom breaks.

steve cates says:

This is just another example of the lack of leadership from Bill Lee!! It’s a disgrace to see where we stand!

Taxpayer #314 says:

TN always seem to rank around the bottom, no matter the subject one is discussing – I do believe that it has something to do with the Conservatives having a “lock” on politics in this state. That is why they are obnoxious about discussing politics on this website.

Michael Lottman says:

So typical of our state’s slow, recalcitrant, and short-sighted response to the still-present threat of the deadly coronavirus, both on behalf of most of our political “leaders” and on behalf of most of the rest of us, who would rather risk serious illness, death, or permanent physical, mental, and economic effects than to give up the right to demonstrate our invincible ignorance of all things. This failure is due not to the exercise of some form of ” freedom” or “liberty” to do whatever the he** we want, but rather to laziness, misinformation, resistance to the truth however obvious, and our insistence on politicizing every aspect of life and inflicting our views on everyone around us. If we do not take the simple steps necessary to achieve a state of “herd immunity” to the coronavirus, thus endangering ourselves, our families, and everyone around us, we are instead following the herd into a future of lowered expectations and unnecessary hardship, sickness, and death.

Cryan says:

For the past 100 years Tennessee’s unofficial state motto has been “Hey, at least we aren’t Mississippi.”

California Lifts COVID-19 Restrictions on Churches After Supreme Court Ruling

Researchers from Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) are warning that the messenger RNA (mRNA) technology used in Wuhan coronavirus (Covid-19) “vaccines” has the capability to forever alter recipients’ genomic DNA, making them more susceptible to disease and death.

Stanford study quietly published at NIH.gov proves face masks are absolutely worthless against Covid