Tennessee launches COVID-19 vaccination dashboard

Gov. Bill Lee speaks to reporters during budget hearings in Nashville on Nov. 9, 2020. (Erik Schelzig, Tennessee Journal)

Gov. Bill Lee’s administration launched a new COVID-19 vaccination dashboard on Friday.

Here’s a release from the state Health Department:

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Tennessee Department of Health will provide data on COVID-19 vaccines administered in the state via a new dashboard to be provided online at www.tn.gov/health/cedep/ncov/covid-19-vaccine-information.html. This dashboard will launch Dec. 18 and will be updated each Tuesday and Friday.

Tennessee’s COVID-19 Vaccination Reporting dashboard will include data on total vaccinations reported, vaccinations reported in the last day and within the last week. The dashboard will also display the percentage of each county’s population that has been vaccinated. The first reports shared via this dashboard will reflect Tennesseans who have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine. Future versions will also provide data on Tennesseans who have been fully vaccinated with both their first and second doses of COVID-19 vaccine.

“We are eager to offer this tool to track our progress in implementing Tennessee’s COVID-19 Vaccination Plan and making this important preventive measure available to Tennesseans in every county of our state,” said Tennessee Health Commissioner Lisa Piercey, MD, MBA, FAAP.

TDH continues to provide daily COVID-19 data reports and will publish these reports by 5 p.m. Central time daily effective on Friday, Dec. 18.
Tennessee’s COVID-19 Vaccination Plan was last updated Dec. 2 and will be modified as more is learned about the vaccines Tennessee will receive. The plan is available online at www.tn.gov/content/dam/tn/health/documents/cedep/novel-coronavirus/COVID-19_Vaccination_Plan.pdf.

Tennessee’s local health departments continue to offer COVID-19 testing five days a week at no charge to those wishing to be tested. TDH testing sites across the state will employ self-testing kits for adults three days a week beginning December 21, to allow staff members to transition to vaccination of frontline health care providers and first responders. Find testing hours and contact information for TDH health department testing sites online at https://covid19.tn.gov/testing-sites/.

The mission of the Tennessee Department of Health is to protect, promote and improve the health and prosperity of people in Tennessee. Learn more about TDH services and programs at www.tn.gov/health.

36 Responses to Tennessee launches COVID-19 vaccination dashboard

Are they going to observe HIPPA confidentiality requirements? Will there be a database of names that have taken the VAX ? vs the ones that will Not take it? Will they use this information to deny individual rights for those that do not take the VAX ?

Good point James. This Chinese Flu pandemic, much like global warming, is a control freak’s dream insofar as it activates their command and control appetites so that conservatives and other civil libertarians must constantly be on guard to thwart their unreasonable demands.

Australia, not exactly known for compliant sheeple, had 900 deaths in the last 11 months. We are 13X more population and have had 300K Deaths in that timeframe. 13X the population; 300X the number of deaths.

I’m afraid the Australia of old is not, like almost all countries in the Anglosphere, the Australia of today. For example, Australia has a “Hate Speech” law that is an affront to any person who values freedom of speech and one of the states in Australia is always used by Mark Steyn as an example of mindless authoritarianism in the face of the Chinese Flu pandemic because of the draconian measures it has taken to prevent the spread of the disease. So I’m afraid the Australia of today is filled with people who apparently are trending “compliant sheeple.”

And saving 290K lives in a comparison with us. It’s not as though we have exactly set the main street economy on fire with what we’ve been doing under Trump. The worst of all worlds….high death count and destruction of major sectors of the economy. But the stock market, thanks to the Fed policy leaving no alternatives, is on a tear. The stock market owes about 10% to Trump for its rise and the remainder to Jerome Powell.

Whatever, it’s been the most profitable year of my life!

Taxpayer #314 says:

The conservatives have no policy anymore, they just get by by hating the liberals. I would not doubt that a lot of the libertarian conservatives will refuse the vaccine as being some sort of conspiracy, like those terribly uncomfortable masks liberals want you to wear just because. Stuart says “It is a control freak’s dream,” don’t give in to the liberals and get the vaccine. The boogeyman is out there again.

And that truly is all that matters Stuart. More money for heritage and political sycophants.

In order of appearance;

1. Notice what Taxpayer did there? I say that the Chinese Flu Pandemic and Global Warming Panic Hoax are a control freak’s dream and Taxpayer turns that into my advocating against people getting the vaccine. Moms and dads, I don’t know when a child is old enough to understand that uttering habitual non sequiturs make people lose respect for you, but if you wait too long you get a Taxpayer, so please beware.

2. MARLE, Taxpayer doesn’t like Republicans so he doesn’t capitalize the “R” in “Republican.” You seem to have picked up the same tic regarding the “H” in “Heritage” as in Heritage Foundation. Sort of childish don’t you think, but that’s the way Taxpayer runs, but from you MARLE, for your legion of admirers it’s kind of “disappointing.”

3. More money for those who will fight to keep this country free and strong.

Phillip Lassiter says:

But, Stuart-you have to be consistent in supporting conservatives

Phillip, don’t be shy. Whatever I do and support is for what I perceive to be in the long-term interest of the conservative movement, and ultimately the U.S.A. Anytime you find me not doing that be sure to call it to my attention.

Go back…..I have been using small h for a very long time and I am really not in need of following anyone.

And really childish to get panties in a wad over missing capitalizations.

Yes, I know but at first I thought it was a typo so I said nothing. Then it continued but as a gentleman I thought it was a silly phase you were going through so I decided that it too will pass, best to remain silent. Now that I see it’s continuing I feel it might have become an unconscious habit so as a friend I thought I would call it to your attention.

Unlike so many on this forum, I rarely get my “. . .panties in a wad over. . .” anything that is written thereon. I am pretty close to being a free speech absolutist because of my uniformly unwadded panties so if that’s how you and Taxpayer want to express yourselves, go to it.

Cannoneer2 says:

My first big international trip was spending nearly a month in Australia. Granted, it was 25 years ago, but I am still in touch with several friends from Sydney and Canberra. Rest assured, we fit the label of “compliant sheeple” much more than the Australians. They just have a government that isn’t very reflective of its people. If you said something like that in an Australian’s presence, I think you would run the risk of getting roughed up for it.

But, but Cannoneer, it’s a democracy. Kim Jong-Un might not be reflective of the North Koreans because he and his family have ruled via a brutal dictatorship since World War II but the government of Australia is chosen by Australians. The Liberal Democratic Party of Australia is the major right of center party but it’s well to the left of our pathetically anemic Republican Party. The Australian Labor Party used to be far to the left of our Democratic Party but you know what is happening to our Democratic Party so they are “converging.”

So I’m afraid whatever your memory of the hearty Australians of 25 years ago is, and there may still be such people on the continent somewhere, but the majority of the citizens of the country are center-left nanny state enthusiasts who might not be “compliant sheeple” but in their voting seem to be a pretty good imitation of “compliant sheeple.” BTW the third largest vote party in Australia are the environutters in the Green Party. We have recently seen that leftists can violently react when they disagree with someone’s politics, but do ask your Australian friends if my analysis of their politics isn’t pretty keen for a Yankee.

Of course there will be a database of those who took the vax. You think john Q Dufus is going to be assumed responsible enough to get shot #2? No…he is going to get a text or email or call.

Phillip Lassiter says:

Is this maskless gov the same one that was saying we were selfish for not wearing a mask? Is it the same one who was pictured partying on a houseboat recently w/o a mask? Is it the same one who was pictured partying at the Rose Garden w/o a mask? I’m glad he is different from the dem governors and mayors doing the same thing

Libs: “My body, no mask”

Wear a mask IF you are not well connected to ensure life saving drug therapies and world class doctors. That is the message. A sensible message that makes medical sense and hammers home the reality that “some animals are created more equal than others”.

They didn’t wear masks b/c they were quite sure they wouldn’t perish in some hospital with overworked staff unable to get appropriate drug therapies. MAKES PERFECT SENSE. Worked like a charm for Giuliani, Christie, Carson and Trump to name a select few.

Karen Bracken says:

It is proven that masks do NOTHING to stop the spread. If they did we wouldn’t still have people getting sick. Wake up.

Still think M-RNA vaccines alter your DNA, Karen. You are as wrong about masks (worn correctly of multiple tight-woven material and Worn ALWAYS) as you are about vaccines….which is to say “totally”. But Stuart loves your comments and thinks you’re wonderful so keep commenting.

avoiding the issue? Masks do nothing. Read the info on the box of masks. Does Not Stop the spread of anything !

Let’s not go through this every time. It is Mitigation. So the box says it does not 100% stop spread. If they say it stops 87% of the spread they will be sued b/c someone will allege it’s only 83% and their loved one died relying on its stated efficacy.

Cannoneer2 says:

Is the Earth still flat, Karen?

Cannoneer2 says:

Wonder whose well connected buddy got the no bid contract to operate the dashboard?

Karen Bracken says:

A TN nurse received the COVID vaccine today and it was covered by the media. OOOOPS. As she was talking to the media she suddenly became confused and passed out cold on the ground. If you are smart you will avoid this vaccine at all costs. If your employer mandates it then organize the employees and walk out. Get a lawyer. They are using us a lab rats and when people die or are damaged by this vaccine you cannot sue ANYONE. They ALL have immunity. If they are so sure this vaccine is safe why did they have to have an immunity agreement??

Every hospital has immunity under the Cares Act so I guess you are suggesting no one go to the hospital either, right Karen? They must be doing terrible unspeakable things there if they needed immunity.

Weazl81 says:

Actually they are treating people in the halls, not utilizing ER rooms that are COMPLETELY empty, asking personal insurance information in front of other patients, including SS#, and treating patients in the hall infront of all other persons,, patients,, janitors,, security guards etc…ETC..

Cannoneer2 says:

One of my extended family members is a former Nightstalker. Jumping out of a helicopter? No problem! However, taking his pre-deployment shots was something else entirely. He passed out when he saw the needle.

Perry Aubric says:

Ask your doctor, a trained and qualified professional. Don’t listen to a totally unqualified nitwit like Karen who gets her information from lunatic fringe conspiracy theory sites. She’s the one that told you COVID-19, which has killed more than 300,000 Americans, is just the same as the flue.

Ask your doctor. Please, just ask your doctor.

Jane says:

I’m still waiting for an answer about the vaccine for children. We do not have one in any stage of testing. We will not have one in 2021. So how is it we will be vaccinating everyone by next summer? And how is it that school age children are in Phase Three of Governor Lee’s plan? Stuart waiting on your answer. Please avoid anything xenophobic or misogynistic.
    Not that I would actually let my child take one. What we need is testing in the schools. But oh I guess we’re leaving that to CBS and pro sports since the entire pandemic response has been completely privatized.