Sethi returning to campaign trail for Senate bid

Republican U.S. Senate candidate Manny Sethi speaks at a campaign event in Clarksville on Feb. 4, 2020. (Erik Schelzig, Tennessee Journal)

Republican U.S. Senate candidate Manny Sethi is ready to get back on the campaign trail. The Vanderbilt physician says he plans to hit all 95 counties.

Here’s the release from the Sethi campaign:

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Republican Senate candidate and conservative outsider Dr. Manny Sethi announced today that he will begin a 95 county tour in the coming days. As announced in March, the campaign will be doing townhalls in person, and have been doing virtual townhalls, taking questions directly from Tennesseans.

“Over the last ten years with our health care nonprofit, Maya and I have visited every corner of the state, and again since kicking off our campaign in June. From now until Election Day on August 6th, I will be visiting every county in Tennessee,” said Dr. Manny. “I believe the way you campaign is the way you will represent. I will represent every person from Mountain City to Memphis, Turtletown to Tiptonville, and I will be visiting every county to share my vision for this state and country.”

“Tennesseans are looking for a trustworthy, conservative candidate, and Dr. Manny is the candidate who is talking directly to voters and answering their questions. He’s open, honest, and wants to hear directly from Tennesseans,” said Forrest Barnwell-Hagemeyer, Campaign Manager. “We look forward to being in every county from now until Election Day.”

Dr. Manny will be visiting every county safely and all events will be in compliance with President Trump and Governor Lee’s guidelines.

19 Responses to Sethi returning to campaign trail for Senate bid

LeeAnn C. says:

I’ve seen plenty of Dr. Sethi. No thanks! We’ve got our fill of a no-record narcissist at the helm of governor. We don’t need an egocentric orthopedic surgeon as our senator!

GIVE IT UP, CHAIRMAN MANNY! GIVE IT UP!

Phil Lassiter says:

Agreed. We need a moderate Republican who can get along with the Governor and rest of the state and federal legislature. No more think tank endorsed right wingers

What an idealistic vision Phil! Someone to go along and get along rather than someone to fight the increasingly authoritarian tendencies of the Democratic left. Well, with Hagerty and The Chairman you are bound to get your wish eventually.

Since Hagerty is Trump’s guy, for his first four years in office we at least have some reasonable expectation that he will stick with Trump in fights with the Democrats assuming Trump wins reelection. If it were not for the fact that we are replacing the truly horrible Lamar Alexander (Heritage-51%) so it can hardly get worse than that, this Senate race along with the Chinese flu would be the cause of inspissate gloom.

Donna Locke says:

Okay, I’d never heard of “inspissate.” I will try to use it in a sentence. What about “The plot inspissated” ?

Donna, you point out, whether intentionally or accidentally, a mistake that I made in neglecting to end the word with a “d” to make it “inspissated” an adjective which modifies the noun “gloom.” Instead, by not including the “d” I’m left with a verb modifying “gloom” which is wrong. Now in your sentence you’re using the past tense of the verb “inspissate” which I believe is “inspissated” too so I think you are using it correctly but I am not certain. There are different kinds of verbs, e.g. transitive, intransitive etc. the correct uses of each I have long forgotten.

Anyway, I see my mistake thanks to you, and you now know a pretty cool new word. I remember in school I used to market myself to girls by telling them that though I’m not much to look at, and I have a personality that most people find a bit annoying after awhile, but if you manage to hang around me long enough, the next time you take the SAT/GRE/LSAT etc. you will find that you whiz through the vocabulary section which will result in your receiving a higher grade on the English portion of the exam than you would have if you never met me.

Donna Locke says:

I’m thinking now, and it occurred to me when I looked up the word, that it should be “The plot was inspissated.”

I write fiction–my opponents say that’s all I write–so I’m always happy to learn a new word. I used to subscribe to that A Word A Day thing, but it piled up on me.

Benny Jones says:

Manny Sethi all the way

back to the operating room at Vanderbilt University Hospital after a $1.9 million tour of Tennessee eh Benny.

Phil Lassiter says:

Good we are together on this one, Stuart

Kosh III says:

“fight the increasingly authoritarian tendencies of the Democratic left.”

You got that backwards. It’s conservatives, theocrats, regressives and Republicans who have worked tirelessly for DECADES to destroy the lives of gay people by making them inferior second-class citizens; tell women what to do with their own bodies and who use the coercive power of the state to compel people to live according to the religious OPINIONS of a few.
    Democrats and the Left have done the opposite, expanding rights to all citizens.

“fight the increasingly authoritarian tendencies. . .” looks to the future, “worked tirelessly” recounts a litany of tired gripes about the past. We can’t relive the past Kosh, we can only look to the future and vote accordingly. The next time a mob breaks up a meeting, attempts to “deplatform” someone with whom they disagree, engages in a violent demonstration etc. why don’t you simply find out how these authoritarians consistently vote and simply join me in voting the opposite way.

Kosh III says:

Not the past.
        Trump, Pence and others are still tirelessly working to undo the progress. Trump allows adoption agencies to discriminate against gays, Jews and more. Keep up!

Kosh it would be best if you understood that you are apparently a leftist and what you think of as laudable “progress” others regard as unfortunate progress toward enhancing the power of the state at the expense of individual freedom. Private adoption agencies should who receive children for adoption should have wide discretion as to where to place the child in the best interest of the child. Government adoption agencies should not discriminate on the basis of race or religion though they should seek to place the child in households with a mainstream environment rather than one with eccentricities be they sexual, religious, etc.

Kosh III says:

You certainly show your colors with this. Being gay is not “eccentric” but part of how humans are made.
            Maybe adoption agencies should screen out left-handed people? Red-heads? Heterodox religionists?
            Adoption agencies that take government money must abide by the rules. If Catholic agencies only want to allow certain people to adopt then they should do it without MY tax money.
            Individual freedom has been increased by equality for more. The state only gets involved because individuals oppose, often with violence, the basics of our society: life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness and caring for the general welfare.

Apparently Kosh you are a new reader of this blog so I don’t want to deflate your heady feeling of discovery but I frequently show my “colors” as a libertarian conservative. As to whether or not homosexuality is how “humans are made” put me down as an agnostic, though I can’t help but notice there sure are a lot of self-described ex-homosexuals walking around for this to be self-evidently true in all cases. I know that the norming of homosexual behavior has understandably long been agenda item #1 for homosexuals, but the zeal with which that agenda has been put forward and the success with which it has been met does not necessarily make it universally so .

I have previously described the criterion that adoption agencies should use in placing children and where it is not desirable to place children. All things being equal children should not be placed in homes where eccentric or bizarre behavior is taking place. Left-handedness is a barely noticeable trait that is characteristic of about 10% of the population, being red-head is not a behavior, bizarre religious beliefs on the other hand that affects behavior of members of a household would not be desirable.

We would all like to direct our tax money to programs with which we approve. Leftists, of course, would like to use the acceptance of tax money as a means to enable them to control the recipient of the money because, of course, the are CONTROL FREAKS who want to use the government to control as much of people’s lives as possible. Libertarian conservatives take a far more restrained view. Private adoption agencies take government money to place children in homes with parents who want to adopt them. If they discharge that narrow duty in the best interest of the children then everyone, except CONTROL FREAKS, should be satisfied. Catholic agencies favoring Catholics – who cares.

“Individual freedom has been increased by equality for more” – sort of like in Russia after the Bolshevik Revolution or in Cuba after Castro took over. Its so dispiriting that educated people actually believe vacuous nonsense like that. Don’t be coy Kosh, come
            right out with it and simply say “I am a leftist and I believe the state should get involved anytime, anywhere, I don’t like what’s going on no matter how many people like what’s going on. . .so there”!

Donna Locke says:

You know what, Kosh, even back in the Sixties, the anti-Establishment crowd was authoritarian. I know what you’re saying, though. The unfortunate truth is, right and left share a smug certainty. I’m independent but have my own certainties, of course, about what we should be doing about a number of things. I’m a big fan of individual freedom and am threatened in that area by both right and left, the Intolerati.

Gail McPeak says:

Is Stuart included in your description of “smug certainty”?