New PAC takes aim at Gov. Bill Lee’s re-election bid

(Image credit: Beat Bill Lee PAC)

A new political action committee called Beat Bill Lee takes aim at the Republican’s re-election efforts. The PAC is run by Emily Cupples, the former communications director of the Tennessee Democratic Party.

Lee is running for a second term next year. While limited polling has shown his popularity has slipped with Democrats, he remains popular with Republicans. No Democratic candidate has won a statewide race in Tennessee since 2006.

Here’s the release from the new PAC:

GROUP OF CONCERNED TENNESSEANS LAUNCH BEAT BILL LEE PAC
April 29th, 2021 (Tennessee) – Today, Tennesseans from across the state filed a political action committee against Governor Bill Lee’s bid for re-election in 2022. Funded by small dollar donations, the PAC will use funds raised to organize hard working families across Tennessee and America to mobilize against the power grab from Bill Lee and other fringe conservatives. This political action committee is composed of Tennesseans from all parts of the state and members include working families, single young folks, white collar professionals, politicians, and Tennesseans from all backgrounds united around the mission to beat Bill Lee in 2022. Beat Bill Lee will utilize a mixture of traditional and unconventional campaign tactics to lead a campaign against the current sitting governor.

“Since Bill Lee took office 7 rural hospitals closed, 4 during the COVID19 pandemic, unemployment reached an all time high, gun violence increased by 50%, and our student proficiency dropped. Spending $7 million taxpayer dollars on lawsuits, it’s evident Lee is serving dark interest groups and not Tennessee families. We cannot wait until 3 months out from election day, when the primary is over, to start mobilizing against Lee. We must stop Bill Lee and the dark money interest groups he represents from their continued destruction of Tennessee. The work to Beat Bill Lee begins today.” – Emily Cupples, Beat Bill Lee PAC Director.

89 Responses to New PAC takes aim at Gov. Bill Lee’s re-election bid

#LeeTheTyrant Unconstitutionally prohibited freedom of worship business travel. No to his re-election.

THAT’S SIMPLY WONDERFUL! That’s the ticket you Democrats, don’t just sit there and let Bill Lee cruise to re-election inadequately opposed. Pour lots and lots of money into the “Defeat Bill Lee Campaign” and give it your all. Nothing I like to see more than Democrats pouring piles of cash in trying to defeat Republicans in state wide races in Tennessee.

As for conservatives, 2022 will be a quiet election year in Tennessee so after fully funding the handful of conservative candidates in close races in Tennessee it will be time to send our money around the country to support conservative candidates running in Republican primaries. Too many Republican officeholders are simply not up to the job in opposing the left-wing dominated Democratic Party. Tucker (FOX News, 7 PM CDT) had a great line last night when he asked “What is it that Mitch McConnell (Heritage-68%) does for a living?”

Eddie White says:

The far right will not beat Lee in the primary and the Democrats will not beat him in the general.

Of course you are right Eddie, but while I shed a tear for any wasted dollars on the right trying to defeat a reasonably popular REPUBLICAN governor for his second term in Tennessee, I love the dreamy dreams of the Democrats and their throwing money at such a hopeless cause.

What is so important, however, is for conservatives in Tennessee not to just sit back and do little or nothing because things will be relatively quiet here in 2022. The demented Big Guy’s hideous administration has to be thwarted by sending conservative Republicans to congress ASAP and hopefully we can use the fact that conservatives don’t have all that much to do here in 2022 to help make that happen across the country.

No proof of dementia Stuart. Try identifying his failed policies, broken promises, outright lies. Of course when you do then those without a brain in their heads will label YOU “deranged” ~ the comeback of the idiot.

Eddie White says:

I would be happy if we could at least get rid of Liz Cheney, the champion of the Trump haters. They are pouring money into her campaign.

I think Liz Cheney (Heritage-80%) is a “deadman walking” if Trump puts even half the effort he promised into her defeat. He has to get behind one candidate definitively, however, and it has to be with a certain consistent seriousness of purpose – not exactly Trump’s strong suit. Her only hope is if the anti-Cheney vote is split among a number of strong well-funded candidates.

You need the votes of Independents to return the House and Senate to Republican hands.

And last night after Biden’s speech I watched Every single Host of nightly FOX shows comment on his Mask wearing, his slow walk as he made his way to the podium, and his “LOW energy as he delivered his speech.

The man just proposed unprecedented 4T in spending, mischaracterized as infrastructure, and the immature Conservative(?) Media on Fox spent their opening remarks attacking him for stupid stuff. By the time they ever got around to Substance, most non-Fox addicted had Tuned Away.

I hope you caught Tucker’s opening monologue (FOX News, 7 PM) when he gave viewers a taste of the mawkish critique of the Big Guy’s speech on MSNBC, NBC, and CNN that made it hard to keep anything that happened to be on your stomach down upon hearing. Any Independent with a brain, who is truly independent, will have no difficulty contrasting the behavior of the mainstream media as it behaved toward Trump and as they are behaving toward the Big Guy. Thinking Independents will heavily discount each news0 media outlet that is now nothing but flaks for their favorite ideologies and the pols who adhere to those ideologies.

Unlike you Stuart I actually watch whole shows on CNN as well as Fox so I know the treatment each gives. After a proposal to cut the taxes on Billionaires they wasted NO time talking about Trump’s gait, or his hair, or his orange tan. They went right to the substance of their objections.

INdependents can tolerate differences of opinions and usually are willing (unlike You) to listen to the other side for more than the filtered offering of a few snipits Tucker wants you to see. I can bet you that Independent voters watch both CNN and FOX. I can bet YOU do not. So your only information is filtered through a Distorted lens.

Your approach is going to be disastrous. Tucker is Not going to win Independents. As a conservative I only hope that his voice will be drowned out by people who want to make substantive points and not use belittling, or parroted phrases like “trump derangement syndrome” to win the day.

We need to get the House and Senate back. Playing Trump’s losing game is Not going to accomplish that. You watched the last 4 years that cost us all dearly. Did you learn nothing from that Plus the 3 months post election. None of the legislative mess we are in would have happened without the loud mouth Far Right where I have to correctly place Carlson.

I assure you that in each big buck close race the electorate will be polled as to what is important and what is not and the campaigns will then be directed accordingly. FOX has to play to their conservative base just like CNN & MSNBC has to play to their leftist base. Elections are different and so will the rhetoric of the candidates be different than the talking heads on TV<

What you don’t seem to get is the cumulative negative effect that creates a sentiment. And the longer it builds because the “voice of Conservatism” has been turning people off day in and day out the more impact it has.

Trump was not defeated b/c he couldn’t come up with a set of campaign promises based on focus group gleaned priorities. He lost b/c of the cumulative effect he had on Independents for 4 years. Fox is subtracting from, not adding to what I hope will be a Rep win in the House and Senate. Of course I was hoping for, AND voting for that prospect last time when Rep managed to snatch Defeat from the Jaws of victory.

Trump is a major political fact of life and will be for as long as he wants, or is able, to be. We just have to hope he is a net positive for 2022 rather than a negative. The hope for 2022 is that Trump fades somewhat into the background carrying on his vendettas against his enemies by endorsing their opponents in Republican primaries and generally being helpful in the general elections to follow where his favorites are opposing Democrats.

Redistricting will be a big plus for the Republicans after the census comes out and the loss to be expected by the party in power in the midterms will combine to make the Republicans the favorite to take the House. Unfortunately, the calendar is against them in the Senate as Republicans have 20 seats to defend with four retirements against only about 13 for the Dems. Trump is a loose cannon I agree.

Oh wait a minute! You said Trump would fade from view rather quickly. You don’t know your own side of the fence. Now you say he’s going to be around for a long time. I said that was obvious from the mess he created for 3 solid months post election.

Your predictive powers are really bad.

Insofar as he is going to be around for a long time and he has tens of millions of followers we have to be able to accommodate him and his followers. That’s the goal that must be achieved in order for us to have any success. Ranting and raving about how bad he is achieves nothing so I will never see the point of going down that road. It’s simply a waste of time.

Eddie White says:

Stuart, what is a bigger waste of time is to continue to respond to bloggers who pretend to be conservatives while continuously complaining about conservatives and the conservative agenda. Recognize a hypocrite and liar when you read one and move on. Same with the ignorant posters on this blog who can’t write a sentence without being obscene. Don’t enable stupidity.

Great point Eddie, but basically, I’m a political junky who naturally enjoys chatting about politics and related subjects so long as I have a reasonably intelligent apparently sane individual with whom to chat. Within the topic of politics, nothing is more near and dear to me than the success of the conservative movement and candidates and generally those on the right. For that success to come about those of us on the right have to be unified and I never tire of working to that end.

As for leftist vulgarians, I NEVER respond to them at all though they certainly have every right to spew their profanity laced nonsense so long as Erik allows. Erik obviously wants to keep this a free speech forum which I applaud since such forums are becoming a rarity as the left and the left’s abettors constantly find ways to restrict speech. It could be that the leftist vulgarians want to discourage those with whom they disagree to participate in public debate, I hope you don’t allow them to have that effect on you.
            ________________________________________
            Did you watch Tucker tonight? If not, the show occasionally re-airs at midnight and I strongly urge you to watch his opening monologue and interview with his first guest re: the worthlessness of the leadership of the Republican Party. It’s a gem and not just because it sounds very much like what I am banging on about on this forum constantly.

Eddie……I have not once complained about Conservatism. I am against illegal immigration; I am in favor of Balanced Budgets and Debt reduction; I am in favor of a military big enough to keep us protected; I am FOR a SCOTUS that follows the Constitution; I am FOR tax Reform that eliminates loopholes; I am NOT for means testing of Federal programs.

That is just a short, short, very short list. I have never voted for a Democrat in my LIFE for any Federal office. And just so you know both of the sons I raised in 2020 paid over Half a Million JUST in Federal INCOME TAX ( not SS, Not medicare, Not sales tax, not property tax) So the work I have done to raise up Productive Citizens who contribute to our Tax base and our Economy is considerably higher than most.

I AM a conservative.

I am GLAD you responded to Eddie, Stuart. I asked either one of you to give me JUST ONE example of my hypocricy. JUST ONE.

But in response crickets. So I’ll ask again. Just give me one example of my hypocricy.

MARLE, you’ve got the wrong guy!!! I never called you a hypocrite. I think you are shortsighted, impractical, backward looking when we should be focused on the NEXT election, etc. but I don’t think you are a hypocrite. On the contrary, you and I are painfully consistent.

Here is what Eddie wrote to which you responded, Stuart, “Great Point”

Yes, I see what you mean. I shouldn’t have said “great point” when Eddie actually made two points, the one I agreed with was that its a waste of time to engage with a leftist vulgarian which I, of course, never do.

I have no reason to doubt that you are a conservative MARLE. If believe you simply feel that it is essential, or at any rate it would be a net gain if conservatives dump Trump and lose the Trumpidians in order to pick up Independents and disaffected Republicans who will never vote Republican so long as Trump is a Republican leader. I simply don’t think you are correct about that trade off being in the best interests of the conservative movement or the Republican Party.

Taxpayer #314 says:

Stuart says this upcoming election cycle in TN is a “hopeless cause” for Democrats. I believe he said the same thing about the last election in Georgia. You see, it is only a hopeless cause until it isn’t anymore. It might not be time for a change in TN but when it comes it will absolutely stun old Mr. Stu. He just does NOT see, or understand the crumbling of the conservative party with lies and corruption. I hope he does send all of his money out of state this time around and then sits back smugly just like the folks in Georgia.

1. You’re making stuff up again Taxpayer. The two Georgia runoff races were generally regarded as close so I would never have said that they were a “hopeless cause” for any of the candidates.

2. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE encourage the loons in the Democratic Party to pour tons of money into races in Tennessee. Right you are Taxpayer, it’s all hanging on a knife’s edge all it takes is money. Lots and lots of leftist money to be blown right here in Tennessee – good for Tennessee and good for the country.

Taxpayer #314 says:

Folks, judge for yourself who is making up stuff here.
            Stuart rightfully points out that Trump and his gang of thieves had control of the census and now the republicans have another advantage from Trump arranging that boost. Now they will concentrate on the sneaky Gerrymandering tricks they always deploy, then move on to passing voter suppression as fast as they can get it passed. When the deck is stacked in your favor like that it is easy to be that smug in your snide comments. One day the crowd will wake up and see the light and truth will ring out. It is truly sad how republicans/conservatives always equate lots of money with political power as they are the ones that passed the bill to free up all the hidden dark money in politics. Stuart loves to brag about using his money to “support” his chosen candidates. Sure it is legal and widespread but perhaps collecting giant piles of cash from unknown sources is not really the best way to elect people for government service on either side of the aisle. Especially when so many of the ones you support are later charged with corruption at alarming rates.

Christina Messina says:

FOR ALL OF YOU DEMENTED, TRUMP LOVERS, I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU. NO NEED TO RANT ABOUT A TYRANT ANYMORE. YOUR CRIMINAL TRUMP IS GOING TO JAIL, SOON! THE GOP IS CURRENTLY A PARTY OF LIARS THIEFS, AND COMMUNIST LOVERS. I AM ASHAMED OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY. THEY HAVE NO REPECT FOR ANYBODY BUT DONALD TRUMP. THE PEOPLE COMMENTING ON THEIR HATE OF THE DEMOCRATIC ORGANIZATIONS ARE DESPERATE! SO, GO WATCH TUCKER CARLSON, A DELUSIONAL ANARCHIST AND DRUM UP SOME MORE IDEA’S TO WIN A ELECTION BY TAKING VOTING AWAY FROM PEOPLE OF COLOR. WE KNOW YOU ARE DOING THIS BECAUSE THE GOP CAN NO LNGER WIN A ELECTION WITH A MAJORITY. SO, WHY NOT MAKE IT AS HARD AS THEY CAN TO ALLOW VOTERS OF COLOR THE RIGHT TO VOTE. ALL OF YOU ARE SCARED BECAUSE PEOPLE VOTED IN MASS TO OUST THE WORST, AND HATED MAN THIS COUNTRY HAS EVER FACED. SO WHY NOT CHANGE THE REPUBLICAN PARTY TO THE PARTY THAT HATES, INSULTS, LIES, CHEATS AND STEALS TO WIN ANYTHING THEY CHOOSE. GOVERNOR LEE HAS DUMPED ON TENNESSEANS . HE ONLY CARES ABOUT PLEASING HIS PARTY’S DICTATOR, DONALD TRUMP. NOTHING IS WORSE THAN TO SEE WHEN THE REPUBLICAN PARTY AND DONALD TRUMP ARE BLATANTLY LYING TO THIS COUNTRY. PEOPLE LIKE CANCUN CRUZ,, MARJORIE TAYLOR GREEN, GAETZ, NUNIS, AND MOSCOW MITCH, HAVE S.HIT ON AMERICANS TO MANY TIMES. WHEN WILL YOU TRUMP LOVERS OPEN YOUR EYES AND FACE REALITY. TRUMP DIVIDED THIS COUNTRY, TRUMP CCOLLUDED WITH RUSDIA TO WIN A ELECTION, TRUMP LIES TO ALL, TRUMP HAS PILFERED TAXES FOR HIS OWN FINANCIAL GAIN. I FOR ONE WAS CHEERING WITH JOY WHEN JOE BIDEN WON THE ELECTION, F.A.I.R.L.Y! BUT OF COURSE DONALD THE TYRANT DICTATOR IS ACTING LIKE A CRYBABY WHO WAS TOLD HE COULD NOT BE IN THE WHITE HOUSE ANYMORE, SO HE IS AGAIN LYING THROUGH HIS TEETH, THREATENING THE PRIVILEGE OF VOTING AND TRYING TO STEAL A ELECTION HE LOSS TO, BIGLY! I WILL DO ANYTHING I CAN TO HELP EVERY ORGANIZATION RID THIS COUNTRY OF ANY ELECTED OFFICIAL WHO ONLY ARE OUT FOR NUMBER ONE. GOVERNOR LEE FITS INTO THIS CATEGORY. HE, BLACKMORE AND ANDERSONS’S REPLACEMENT, ARE ALL DEMENTED. THEY ARE WORTHLESS AND THEY ARE GOING OUT OF THEIR TO HURT THE TENNESSEANS WHO NEED HELP THE MOST. INSTEAD OUR GOVERNOR IS TAKING VITAL BENEFITS AWAY FROM FAMILIES EFFECTED BY COVID. THEY ARE ALL HEARTLESS AND SO IS THE ENTIRE REPUBLICAN PARTY!
      !

Donna Locke says:

If no worthwhile, meaning truly conservative, Republican or Independent can successfully primary Bill Lee, I will vote for the Democrat. We would not be worse off.

If you’re simply “mad as hell and can’t take any more” why don’t you consult with James White who is a pro at that sort of thing and vote for one of James’ chosen Independents for governor. I don’t think Lee needs your vote, but I would hate to see someone who longs for a true conservative being recorded as being a Democrat because of a protest vote. Why give those leftists in the Democratic Party support when it’s really the last thing in the world you intend to do?

Donna Locke says:

I’m thinking about this as a campaign slogan: “Vote for the Democrat. You would not be worse off.” At the state level anyway.

Stuart, I’m going to Atlanta soon. Just start praying for me now.

BTW MARLE and Donna, you can tell your kin in Georgia that I just received a fundraising letter from Brian Kemp here in Middle Tennessee inviting me to support his re-election campaign so things are really heating up.

Trump has vowed to do everything in his power to primary him; the zombies will do as they are told and no amount of money is going to help. Trump may has made mincemeat of GA Republicans for not chanting that the election was stolen and spoon fed it right into the open mouth of Abrams.

Biden won the votes of White, college educated Republicans MALES who defected in the Presidential race in GA; BUT they DID vote for the 2 R-candidates in Nov AND in the Run offs. However the blue collar, undereducated uber-Trump supporters stayed home for the Jan run offs. And that is how we are where we are legislatively.

Hopefully after two years of Democratic control of government the “White, college educated Republican Males” and the “undereducated uber-Trump supporters” who didn’t consistently vote Republican and/or consistently show up and vote will see the colossal shortsightedness of their inconsistency by the time the 2022 elections roll around.

Did I not say that they voted R to hold the Senate? Biden could not do much of anything substantial with a 51-49 Senate in the hands of McConnell.

So what they have learned is that Trump’s Scorched Earth 3-month antics post election tossed away Republican power (and punished McConnell for not parroting the Big Lie). Trump just Proved he is unfit to serve either the country or the party.

Eddie White says:

Terminal TDS

Like a parrot, Eddie. Don’t rebut the facts just toss out a parroted phrase. That’s the Stuart formula. And you are an excellent student. Devoid of facts to argue; throw out mindless parroting.

Taxpayer #314 says:

Just more support for another standout crook that is playing the republican conservative game in Georgia. Keep sending tons of money into that Georgia fight because “things are heating up” in the legal election realm. Voter suppression laws are moving swiftly under Kemp’s guidance. We shall see how the courts interpret all that nonsense but by all means, send more money!! Lots of it and often.

Taxpayer #314 says:

Hey Stuart, maybe you would like to comment on one of your high scoring conservative “buddies” that just resigned from his position as a Republican Representative from Idaho in reacting to accusations about him Raping a young intern. Just one more glaring, seemingly weekly example of why the conservative/republican party is collapsing all across the country. People are tired of putting up with crooks, liars and cheaters. It appears that there are a surprisingly large number of conservatives and republicans that are somehow connected to sexual perversions, sex trafficking or sex by force. And it starts with the looser former President Trump, on down through the Senate and into the House. Your snide political comments about how TN is not ready to change is disappointing for our state but when things finally do start to change and voters get rid of these grifters, we will all be much better off.

Taxpayer #314 says:

Rep. Aaron von Ehlinger is the representative mentioned above. I left out his name. In all fairness, he denies the alleged rape charge and says it was consensual sex.

Taxpayer, as usual you’ve got something wrong because I can’t even find his name on the Heritage roster of members of Congress. No matter, though the “von” in his name which shows that he comes from an aristocratic German family endears him to me without my ever having heard of him, assuming you’ve got that right, my opinion about any situation like that is always the same which is as follows:

As a conservative I believe not enough people are in jail for a long enough period of time that’s one of the reasons why we have too much crime in this country. ANYONE indicted for crime should be afforded due process. If he is convicted he should pay the penalty for his crime if not he should resume his life as before. I obey the law effortlessly, I expect EVERYONE else to do so as well.

People of every physical description who adhere to every political ideology, religion, philosophy of life commit crimes. Why what is unfortunately an all too common occurrence leaves you so breathlessly excited when it happens to a Republican I will never know. Your conclusion that Republicans are more prone to that sort of thing may be plausible to Democrats here in Tennessee but is absolutely laughable to anyone like myself who spent decades in any one party state and/or city controlled by Democrats.

That is my position every time you’ve pointed out some misdeed of some Republican somewhere in the past. That will be my position regarding any inevitable misdeed of some Republican somewhere in the future. Please remember Taxpayer, Perry doesn’t like me repeating myself over and over again before you ask me the same question once again.

FYI he is an Idaho state lawmaker

He must have been first elected in 2020 because he is not on the ACU roster of Idaho lawmakers either. No ACU score but I do love that “von” in his name. . . .

Taxpayer #314 says:

Politicians that use their power or position to avoid being convicted is the only thing that allows you to feel so smug with your stated position on crooked politicians. Look at how many crooks got off free with sleazy pardons from Trump. Yeah, they were never “convicted” so you believe you can and should continue to support them and continue to hold them in high regard. You learn nothing from their flimsy excuses. That is just disregarding the truth staring you in the face. Keeping the blinders on, because you have this feverish desire to keep your political beliefs intact is just simply not accepting the truth, just like trumps Big Lie. Not accepting the big trump lie prepares conservatives for arguments such as yours. As numbers go down for conservatives, they double down on some pretty far fetched excuses. It is not just the “misdeeds!” It is the Number and Type of those misdeeds that should have the conservatives and republicans stepping up to address a serious problem for the party moving forward. Why all the hesitance?

Taxpayer #314 says:

Interesting as you say that I have something wrong because YOU can’t even find his name on your Heritage list of members of Congress. Somebody else made a mistake because it can’t be you.

I know you just live for gotchas Taxpayer so you can score one for you to make your day. If however I was mean and I wanted to deprive you of a gotacha (which I certainly don’t) I would protest to the official gotcha scorekeeper that if Taxpayer was anxious to let us know about yet another indiscretion from another REPUBLICAN he would identify the REPUBLICAN as “Idaho state representative Aron VON Ehlinger” (you needn’t capitalize the “von” I just love that in a name) so we could easily research the lawmaker’s record. Of course, Taxpayer, if you did that you wouldn’t score a “GOTCHA” so there’s always that.

Taxpayer #314 says:

Yes Stuart, I inadvertently left out his name in my first post, then in my second post- 4 Minutes later, I corrected and updated the post including his name and position. My fault, no trickery. The “von” in his name was not capitalized in the report so I did not capitalize it in my posting either. It is interesting that you would would pick up on the fact that “von” denotes a special familiar heritage. I imagined that you immediately thought of signing your last post as “Stuart von Anderson.” It so befits you, or at least your imagination!!

Obviously, you’re not very familiar with European aristocracy Taxpayer. In order to have the very desirable “von” in my name I would have to have a Germanic name like “Ehlinger” which “Anderson” isn’t. Now “Sir” before my name would be a nice touch but we don’t do that sort of thing in America so that’s that.

Just to show you I’m not the only one who thinks a “von” in a name is cool, do you know that Hitler’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, Joachim von Ribbentrop was so anxious to have the “von” in his name that at the age of 32 he arranged to have himself adopted by his aunt who had the particle in her name just so he could add it to his name. Now there’s a man who had his priorities straight, at least before he was hung for war crimes after the Second World War.

Taxpayer #314 says:

Ribbentrop’s desire to add the “von” to his name sounds like the sort of sneaky trick that a conservative might pull off, like slightly adjusting his Heritage Score, just to have something “impressive” for show. The fact that the title doesn’t really “mean” anything other than to those who seek such impressive titles to impress others does remind me of the useless heritage scores. Maybe that is why you are so impressed with the Von but it didn’t help Rep. Aron.

There is an old alliteration which every male should be told as one of the rules of life upon entering the workforce. I shall not repeat it precisely here given the problem we have recently had with vulgarity but it goes something like this, “NEVER get your [lovin’] and your paycheck in the same place!” A simple rule and one that will save so many men so much unnecessary grief. With so many women who don’t have anything to do with their place of employment in this world, why men insist of formulating social relationships with women they happen to work with has always been a mystery to me given the potential career injuring downsides that we see happen over and over again.

Cryan says:

Disgusting. This is why you encourage people to rent women? I’m sure Bill Lee agrees.

Why do they do that you ask? Because they’re LAZY and that goes double for politicians. Why going elsewhere with more effort when the “For Rent” sign seems to be in the cubicle next to yours?

I agree MARLE, but it shows such a breathtaking display of lack of perspective and simple self-control. I have no sympathy for any guy caught up in that type of difficulty unless some lady is simply making the whole thing up where there was no social relationship, no nothing. Once there is a social relationship it better end amicably or buddy she’s got ya!

Cryan says:

Shit, Stu. If only we lived in Ancient Rome, you and your fellow gay divorcees wouldn’t need women in the first place.

See you in the baths!

James Callloway says:

Holy shit. Democrats are out of their minds if they think they have even a tiny shot at winning the Gov race.

Probably the funniest thing in recent political happenings was watching them pour huge wads of cash into Bredesen, easily their most popular statewide figure, and having him get soundly whacked by a right winger like Blackburn.

If Dems want to spend $$ on this race then have at it.

The only way Lee is getting replaced is if aggravated Republicans primary him.

Cryan says:

Pride goeth before a fall.

Nashville was one of the top cities for migrations from California, New York, Seattle, and Portland last year.

Aside from that, it would be malpractice for Democrats not to compete. The 2022 primaries will be known as the GQP Civil War. Hell, Glen “Steroids” Jacobs will probably be the nominee. If not, Lee will be badly wounded. You think he could really unify the GQP between the August primaries and the November election? Ha!

You’re acting like this is a branch of the failed TNDP headed by Mary Mancini. If it was, I’d agree with you. This is totally independent of those incompetent nuts on the state executive committee. And it’s not the only tech-savvy group to pop up since 2018. We don’t need the TNDP.

Have you checked out the video on the PAC website? This could be serving a purpose like the Lincoln Project successfully did last year.

Recent history says the Dem won’t win, but brick by brick (and new resident by new resident) you really should be shitting your pants if you cared about the long-term prospects of the QAnon party.

I just returned from my walk which, as always, I take wearing one of my shirts containing an inspiring or exhortative right-wing message when a couple in a car stopped me to complement me on my shirt. One word led to another when they revealed they are moving here from SEATTLE! Of course, when I heard that I began to beg them that we love our state the way it is and not to wreak the destruction here that we see in Seattle when they stopped me in mid-sentence to assure me that they are moving here specifically to get away from the leftist loons that control Seattle/Washington state and they are determined to do what they can to not to let that happen here.

I always wear my right-wing shirts when in public, and I am frequently stopped by people many of whom are new arrivals from some dystopia that the leftists have destroyed who are fully aware of the dangers of voting for Democrats. Lets welcome newcomers without fear my fellow conservatives with the knowledge that those, like me, who for a significant period of their lives have lived in a hellhole one party Democratic controlled state and city are just as determined as we are to not let that happen here.

Donna Locke says:

Stuart, that’s what I’ve heard from some of the various people in my town who are from California, especially on the subject of immigration. Not all of them think logically, however, so not all of them are clear on policy. And most of them enabled through silence, etc., what happened in their home states and still expect others to do the heavy lifting and take the arrows here.

I don’t want to see any more of Tennessee destroyed by overdevelopment and big population increase.

Tennessee will move more toward the center politically, especially on social issues.

Donna Locke says:

Tennessee is not fiscally conservative, to begin with. So the big spending will continue and grow.

We can’t very well limit population growth when our civic leaders are doing everything they can to attract multi-thousand employee facilities to this state. There are a lot of landowners and other influential people who are getting very rich by people settling in this state so it will simply continue. The Republican Party simply has to be ready in our respective communities to welcome the newcomers and encourage those who are right-of-center to become active and involved in their communities.

Donna Locke says:

I’ve no doubt the profiteers will continue to profit from the imbalances of power and control. Most people in this state can’t keep up with it all, and many don’t even try.

The reckonings come. They always do.

Taxpayer #314 says:

You have no idea how many people hold their tongue when they pass you by. They spot your dumb shirt and roll their eyes after you pass as they understand how superior you feel to all those that are around you. There may be a few that will talk to you but there are many more that are shaking their heads as they avoid getting too close to you without your mask and your superior attitude shining brightly.

Taxpayer #314 says:

Projection! Sounds like a good conservative story that has no truth to it.

You’re right Taxpayer! Who could possibly imagine someone actually leaving some heaven on earth one party Democratic city like Los Angeles, Seattle, New York City, Chicago, etc. located in a one party Democratic state and moving to a place like Tennessee determined not to do anything so that Tennessee becomes just like the places they left. Totally unbelievable, but only in the fantasyland you occupy Taxpayer. I’m content to let the readers judge whether what I recounted is believable or not.

And I will continue to wear my shirts just to let the newcomers know that they are in Tennessee now where you can actually be a conservative and publicly proclaim that fact without fear (at least outside our two liberal ghettos). WELCOME HOME!

Donna Locke says:

It’s a good idea to have a signal. It’s a conversation starter. Shirts, ball caps, earrings. I stay away from anything on the cars. The keying problem.

Donna Locke says:

The PAC that is the subject of Erik’s post here, by the way, is a bunch of radicals.

There are some Dems in Tennessee I could support for office. People I know to be honest. Everything is a trade-off.

Cryan says:

What does your shirt say, “Donald Trump can grab MY pussy”?

Cryan says:

Spurious anecdotes, Facebook memes, and Fox News clips are the only reality boomers know.

Population changes made North Carolina, Georgia, and Texas competitive. 2020 saw massive migration to Middle Tennessee. Do the math.

It is true, socialism will eventually seep into Tennessee and the USA; it is doing so now.
    Wake-up! Educate your neighbors and get organized.
    Below is from twitter 2020:
    :Our Revolution is a front for the United States’ three most influential Marxist organizations: the Democratic Socialists of America (DSA), Communist Party USA (CPUSA), and Freedom Road Socialist Organization (FRSO). Most Our Revolution-endorsed candidates are affiliated with one or more of these organizations.
    May 8, 2020 at 5:05 pm
    . So, our Knoxville chapter which helped elect two DSA members is, also, the Our Revolution chapter.
    May 8, 2020 at 5:10 pm
    The influential but highly secretive FRSO has an estimated 2,000 to 3,000 members. The FRSO controls the Memphis Tennessee Our Revolution affiliate Memphis for All. Working in conjunction with the Memphis branch of the DSA, Memphis for All ran several candidates on the Democratic ticket last election cycle. Their successes included Shelby County Mayor Lee Harris and Shelby County Commissioner Tami Sawyer.

The decay and rot that is so much a part of one party states and cities controlled by leftist Democrats is obvious to anyone who watches the news. As a conservative I believe in democracy. If the people of this state want to reproduce California, New York and Illinois here as the people of Nashville and Memphis are obviously trying to reproduce Los Angeles and New York then that’s the way it has to be.

We conservatives have a very important role to play in this however. We must continue to present to the people of Tennessee that there is nothing inevitable about the decline and rot that we see in states run by Democrats. Becoming a community where anything goes socially, the rich become fabulously richer, the poor are subsidized to an ever greater extent and the middle class is squeezed away can only take place if the majority who show up vote for it to happen.
      __________________________________________________________
      On a happier note, in a special election to replace Chinese flu victim Ron Wright (Heritage-96%) his widow Susan won with 24% of the vote. She was endorsed by Trump and the conservative Club For Growth and faced a well financed anti-Trump opponent among the dozens of others. She will meat the second place finisher in a runoff in a few weeks.

Cryan says:

Good news! L. Lin Wood, star of the Georgia GQP Civil War, is back in the news. His campaign for South Carolina GQP Chair is picking up steam.

“An overwhelming number of the 79 delegates the Greenville GOP elected to send to the May 15 state party convention support Wood.” – Politico

Greeneville is the largest Republican county in the state.

And Bill Lee won’t be primaried? Ok, boomers.

Cryan says:

Where are my manners? I know this blog doesn’t appreciate hard facts and metrics like L. Lin Wood won the lion’s share of delegates from the largest GQP county in South Carolina. Or that 56% of Republicans believe in QAnon.

Here’s an anecdote for you idiots. I was enjoying breakfast and the woman at the table next to me was wearing a “Trump can grab me by the pussy” t-shirt and listening to a man ranting and raving about how Joe Biden was dead and that Trump had surgically removed his face and put it on Mike Pence’s body while he’s quietly fighting the pedophile rings behind the scenes.

2022 GQP Civil War

If Bill Lee doesn’t come out and support QAnon, his political career is dead. Fuck the GQP.

Taxpayer #314 says:

Stuart, time for you to deny once again any pattern at all in Conservative circles. Breaking news today reports Kansas State Rep. Mark Samsel was arrested after several videos surfaced showing him kneeing an elementary student in the crotch while acting as a substitute teacher. Then he goes on to begin questioning the elementary school students about their sex lives using some pretty crude language. After the accused rape yesterday of a young intern by Idaho State Republican Rep. Aron von Ehlinger, the sexual predators in the Republican party spread over to Kansas today. Stuart, TWO Republican State Reps arrested in a TWO two day stretch kind of puts the spotlight about your constant denials that Dems have an equal number of “misfits.” Can you explain the high numbers of Republicans that are connected to sexual assaults? Do you not see ANY connection to the GOP Party? Do you have a favorite “right wing shirt” that advertises this for the new-comers?

Dennis Hastert
      Gym Jordan
      Roy Moore
      Matt Gaetz
      Josh Duggar
      Mark Foley
      Donald Trump
      Glen Casada
      Cade Cothren
      David Byrd
      Joey Hensley

And who could forget Stuart’s favorite, Toe Tappin’ Larry Craig?

I forgot about

Ed Schrock
        John Ensign
        Mark Sanford
        Tim Murphy (pro-life, forced abortion)
        Scott DesJarlais (pro-life, forced abortion)
        Blake Farenthold
        Chris Lee
        Mark Souder
        Vance McAllister
        Joe Barton
        Trent Franks
        Pat Meehan

Rudy Giuliani
          Joel Greenburg

Cryan says:

Oh and let’s not forget Trump supporters Jim and Ron Watkins (founder of 8chan and QAnon) who hosted child pornography websites in Japan.

Cryan says:

Let’s not forget the following Republican enablers

Jerry “Watch the pool boy fuck my wife while I’m drunk” Falwell
            Jimmy Swaggart
            And the US Catholic Bishops

[sigh (italics)] Reality – I do not now nor have I ever had an opinion about the comparative number of “misfits” in the Republican vs. the Democratic Party nor do I know anyone else who does except you, Taxpayer, and partisans of both parties who come to different conclusions unless, like me, they don’t think in such nonsensical terms.

Now in order of appearance:

1. In general, politics is not known to attract the “the best and the brightest” in terms of making it a career. On the contrary, political careerists like the Big Guy are more often grifters, megalomaniacs, and narcissists. That this bunch are involved in wrongdoing doesn’t surprise me. You are obsessed with REPUBLICAN wrong doing so you alone in this forum bring such things to light wherever they happen to occur in the USA. Of course, to everyone else but you Taxpayer that proves absolutely nothing except that’s your thing like mine is to move the Republican Party RIGHTWARD, RIGHTWARD, RESOLUTELY RIGHTWARD. Everyone has their thing. Ours are harmless enough.

2. A fundamental rule in logic is that “correlation does not imply causation” so no I don’t see any conceivable connection between any wrongdoing and either party no matter what any reputable statistics about this weighty matter happens show, statistics which you haven’t produced and I doubt exist because nobody dreams there is a logical connection EXCEPT YOU.

3. There is no “this” that exists so no advertisement is necessary. It’s hard, however, to pick out my favorite right-wing shirt. Besides all the “MARSHA MARSHA MARSHA” campaign shirts, there’s the black one with a picture like the iconic one of Che Guevara only with Marc Steyn in it instead, there are my UKIP, “BREXIT PARTY CHANGE POLITICS FOR GOOD”, “NIGEL SAYS NO”, “SAY NO BELIEVE IN BRITAIN” shirts to add a little rightist international flavor to the collection; and of course there’s the “DON’T CALIFORNIA MY TENNESSEE” shirt. . . .sorry I simply can’t decide on my favorite or list them all so we can have a reader’s poll as to which is the favorite of everyone on this forum.

Cryan says:

Please, we know your favorite shirts.

“DONALD TRUMP CAN GRAB MY PUSSY”

“FUCK THE NFL AND GO COLTS”

“KEEP YOUR GOVERNMENT HANDS OFF MY MEDICARE”

“THEY CANT LICK MY DICK: VOTE NIXON”

“IT’S MERRY CHRISTMAS, NOT ADAM AND STEVE”

Taxpayer #314 says:

Stuart, Go watch the video and listen to the disgusting things the republican State Rep. says to young children in an elementary school. No need to post them here, suffice it to say that this man is sick. You can’t deny that the last 20 to 30 examples of Republicans being arrested, charged or sent to prison for rape and/or other sexual misconduct is alarming but you just keep the blinders on and maintain your version of conservative “reality.” As I said earlier, it is not just the wrongdoings, it is the shocking types of wrongdoings and the frequency that should make this information alarming and pertinent to any public political party or organization. Who wants to be associated with this type of disgusting behavior? You must admit that the frequency this type of news is happening in Republican circles seems to draw only, “No comment!” Silence from the party chiefs. Eventually this will drop your numbers but we do realize that the conservatives do not take to change easily. “Deny, divert, and then lie if necessary” can only go so far as a party platform.

Cryan says:

Stuart doesn’t care. He’s still trying to process how Tucker! could have possibly featured no-record candidate and celebrity JD Vance for Ohio Senate on his Friday night program.

Remember he hated no record Bill Lee until he realized the alternative was Glen Jacobs.

As to my obsession Taxpayer please note that in Texas 6th special election the runoff will take place between arch conservative Susan Wright and another Republican. The Democratic candidate didn’t even make the runoff and the well financed anti-Trump Republican received 3% of the votes. Apparently like in Tennessee the imminent Democratic challenge to Republican dominance will have to wait for yet another day in the suburbs of Dallas/Ft. Worth.

Cryan says:

Oh yeah! A gerrymandered house district is the same as a statewide election.

Good lord you are stupid.

Taxpayer #314 says:

Stuart, your response is just more diversions because you don’t want to accept the truth. Your conservatives and republicans have a thing about sexual deviance and nobody in the two party’s knows how to address this crisis. Your old buddy Gates is going to drag down so many of your heroes soon. You just keep giving those huge wads of money to the sick boys and we will see how this all turns out. I could care less about Texas, everyone knows it was a lost state a long time ago. When the Gov and the senator are crazy there is little hope for the public, just like in Florida. When TX was in a crisis and needed their senator, Cruise snuck off to the beach and abandoned his constituents. Desenseless is working hard to put Florida in jeopardy with the courts but that might come to an abrupt halt when Gates gets to talking with the FBI. Is the party about to explode?

Karen Bracken says:

I will never vote for a Democrat especially the current run of Democrats that are totally socialist. BUT I will not vote for Bill Lee either. I didn’t vote for him the first time and he has done nothing but prove my feeling about him was correct. I voted for an Independent candidate and probably will vote that way if no real conservative Republican runs against Lee.

Steve Lashley says:

It is My belief that bill lee has signed bills like constitutional Carrie and the gender laws to subdue his citizens…..it is my belief that bill lee is flying in illegals and turning them over to special interests groups for a kick back…( in other words I believe he has SOLD OUT his citizens ) I also believe with the signing of this latest bill 83 that he has in fact give we the Tennessee citizens the middle finger..