New Manny Sethi ad focuses on faith

Republican U.S. Senate candidate Manny Sethi has released a new ad titled “Faith.”

“I gave my life to Christ after my dad died when I was 22 and realized my greatest calling is to serve others. So I went to medical school and became a trauma surgeon,” Sethi says in the spot. “I’ve tried to honor my dad’s memory, serving the Lord with medicine, trying to make a difference, working with the least of these. Now, there’s another place where I think I can make a difference: the United States Senate. ”

Here’s the ad:

35 Responses to New Manny Sethi ad focuses on faith

Lenny says:

God Bless you Dr. Sethi. Stand up for Christ, CHRISTmas, and Trump. Never Trumpers and Radical Left Socialist Democrats will destroy this country.

God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve. Women shall remain silent 1 Corinthians.

Of course he is. . .his campaign is being directed by Chris Devaney that old maestro of getting No Record Candidates like Chairman Manny elected to the highest office in the state. That’s how we got The Most Reverend Governor Lee, don’t ya know. Conservatives on the more emotional side will always have a weakness for this sort of flim-flam, but surely not so soon after the Bill Lee fiasco. Please, vote against Chairman Manny by voting for Bill Hagerty.

Lenny says:

Sir, Hegery supports Romney – a Never Trumper and False Prophet.

LeeAnn C. says:

Supporting Romney as the Obama opponent hardly equates to supporting the embittered creature that he has become now.

Lenny says:

Mitt Romney is a false prophet. Rick Santorum was the only Evangelical running in 2012 and Hegery supported the false prophet over the CHRISTian. Matthew 21:17

LeeAnn C. says:

I like Santorum. He didn’t win the primary. I had a Romney sign in my yard when he became the Republican nominee because I could not fathom another 4 years of Obama. I refuse to condemn anyone that worked to prevent another 4 years of Obama. Hagerty doesn’t support anything that Romney stands for now and wouldn’t have President Trump’s endorsement if he did. Hagerty has been supporting President Trump since his 2016 election campaign. I support anyone that stands faithfully by our President with more than just words.

Lenny says:

The false prophet beat Santorum with the help of Hagery. Hagery didn’t just support the nominee, he supported the False Prophet over many true Christian Republican men including Santorum. Donald John Trump is setting Hagery up for a fall. He is playing 3 dimensional chess. Don’t believe he actually supports Hagery. Wait and see!

Yep, Hagerty is bad news.

Oh, how foolish of me – rather than “The Most Reverend” Governor Lee, let’s make that “The Not So Right Reverend” Gov. Lee.

• Always glad to see someone acknowledge their FAITH as long as it is genuine. I will accept it as such. As the son- of-a- preacher I too would like to see a return to CHRISTian values and will also strive to represent Tennesseans prayerfully in the U.S. SENATE…
    WHY… Because “IT MATTERS…” who represents us in Washington.
    Blessings…
    BushForSenate.com

Phil Lassiter says:

Bush- how much of your own money are you spending? You will need are least $10 million to make a bleep. If you’re gonna put that much in, please let us know so we can hold our fire on who to support a while longer. If not willing to spend that much of your own money-then you better not spend any. Once again-just the truth. Don’t want to see you bankrupt

Phil Lassiter says:

Haggerty and Manny both bad decisions. Just $$$$$$$$$!!!!!! Talking

Or to put it another way Phil, it’s a cage match between Chris Devaney and Ward Baker. May the best campaign manager win, but for serious conservatives, the only thing to be achieved in this Hobson’s Choice election is to show you just can’t show up with no record of doing ANYTHING for the conservative movement, throw some red meat at conservatives and expect to receive conservative votes. Hence, vote against Chairman Manny by voting for Hagerty.

• Or Stuart… with 6+ months to go… you could encourage voters to look outside the money$$$$$ candidates trying to buy the office… and consider… just consider and leave open the possibility that another candidate might have something to offer and the means to achieve that goal who has a consrvative record in Republican politics. Having represented TN at 2 GOP Conventions and on the Platform Committee both State and National…
        I DO have a record.
        “IT MATTERS…”
        BushForSenate.com

Dr. Bush, I never encourage conservative voters to vote for candidates that have no chance of winning absent the most unusual circumstances. For that, we have James White who runs a sort of boutique on this blog encouraging voters to do just that.

My fear is that all you will succeed in doing is to somewhat dilute the anti-Chairman Manny vote which is exactly what I don’t want to see happen. My goal in this Senate race is to show plutocrats who feel the need to burnish their resume by being elected to high office that showing up having lived a life bereft of the slightest material indication that you are a conservative, then running as a veritable Rambo conservative, is surest way to experience ignominious defeat. For that I need conservatives to vote against the Chairman by voting for Hagerty.

• Interesting analysis which I’ve heard others express in the exact opposite manner, giving Hagerty the edge. I see dissatisfaction concerning both by conservatives statewide. Maybe I should just quit before getting started (lol) but then… I’d miss out on all the fun and any “unusual circumstances”.
            Stay tuned… this could get even more interesting.
            “IT MATTERS…”
            BushForSenate.com

Of course, as a conservative I find Hagerty from Establishment Central Casting no one I would ever choose to be the Republican nominee for anything, let alone my U. S. Senator. He’s simply a means to an end.

Phil Lassiter says:

Some good points, but remember we don’t generally support true conservatives when everyone gets all whipped up in the big media and money of a moderate. Many “conservative” leaders will sell their soul and their constituency for $

Generally speaking liberals don’t tolerate that sort of thing that’s why the Democratic Party is so unified, relatively speaking, and the left has been so effective in capturing the Democratic Party. What the left has done vis-a-vis the Democratic Party the right should do vis-a-vis the Republican Party.

Lenny says:

With CHRIST all things are possible. The Republican Party will Rise Again. #KeepAmericaGreat! #StatesRights

steve cates says:

I am looking for a U.S. Senator, not a “faith leader”. Keep religion out of politics!!

Steve says:

It’s “woe” unto the Pharisees, not “whoa.” But then either might work.

I think he was trying to put it in “the vernacular”, Steve. Most readers are living below the line.

Then again, some people have nothing better to do than respond expressly to tease and annoy in lieu of engaging in interesting debate.

Lenny says:

Stuart Anderson, I’d direct you to to Proverbs 18:13 – He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.

I am fighting to restore our Evangelism to the Republic Party. Support for Hagery is support for Never Trump. How can you be for CHRIST and against Trump?!

Silence Dogood says:

I love Dr. Bush’s and Dr. Sethi’s passion for public service, but they both need to start out at a lessor position, like State Representative/State Senator, and work their way up. As both Tim Burchett and Senator Blackburn have done. Perhaps if Bill Lee put in a good word for Manny that would change the dynamic for him? He can assure us Manny will be the same Conservative as Bill is right now. (Sarcasm) An endorsement from Bill Lee is the LAST thing any Conservative wants at this point in their campaign. But congratulations to Bill Lee who recently was proud to announce “I sleep well every night” having disappointed 75% of my constituents who are now are having sleepless nights wondering if their children and tax dollars will ever be safe from Bill in the future.

Lenny says:

I agree Burchett is a fine CHRISTian example. However, the Word of God is Crystal clear. Women shall remain silent. That includes Congresswoman Blackburn.

Impeach Governor Bill Liberal.

Silence I have a wonderful idea. In western Williamson County District 65 sits a most painfully sanctimonious Rep. Whitson with a tepid conservative American Conservative Union rating of 79% who really needs a primary opponent. I think Chairman Manny should direct his new found zeal for “public service” over to the 65th District and build a house that befits a Vanderbilt Orthopedic Surgeon and his attorney wife and primary Rep. Whitson. I even promise to support his candidacy if he does. (This wonderful idea is simply an embellishment to your wonderful idea so you get most of the credit.)

Misty Pardner says:

Any candidate gaining Stuies endorsement guarantees a victory for their opponents. Stuie, you have done nothing but bash Dr. Manny as a no record candidate. But yet you hoist him to a worthy candidate for State House against Colonel Whitson.

Stu, you are busted! Misty is correct.
          No matter how noble the ends, improper means are never justified.

Jimmy, you needn’t follow Mist in tone, even if you agree with her in substance. Remember, “No matter how noble the ends, improper means are never justified.”

Mist, how respectful you are to tepid conservative pols and No Record Candidates. I’m impressed! I can understand why you are confused, after all from the responses you treat us to on this blog you obviously are not a conservative so the world must be a very confusing place to you so I will explain my seemingly different attitude toward Chairman Manny nascent quest for “public service” in the simplest way I know how.

You see, U. S. Senator is a big important job with many, many responsibilities so it is a job that should be filled by someone with a long record of having a similar job or a record of doing political stuff that lets the voters know what the candidate really thinks. Surely you can therefore see how unqualified Chairman Manny is for such a job. On the other hand, State Representative is a smaller part-time job with relatively fewer responsibilities to the extent that the General Assembly only meets three months a year so I think that it is a good job for someone with no previous relevant experience and who otherwise has no record that lets voters know with any certainty what the candidate really thinks. That description, on the other hand, perfectly describes your friend Chairman Manny. See, Mist, it’s not so complicated after all but if you’re still confused please let me know.

Benton Temple says:

Great ad. Dr. Sethi is definitely the best candidate running. In it for people, not prestige. Hagerty has been wanting to be in high office forever. Manny wants to serve.

K. White says:

I don’t really know either man except for what I read, soo I pray to God and ask for wisdom in choosing. If either one is a Christian, they shouldn’t put each down, but explain their decision and what they believe they can do to help Americans.