Lynn’s QAnon posts raise concerns with campaign donor

Rep. Susan Lynn (R-Mt. Juliet) hugs a colleague at GOP caucus meeting on July 24, 2019, in Nashville while Rep. Tim Rudd (R-Murfreesboro), right, looks on.. (Erik Schelzig, Tennessee Journal)

State House Finance Chair Susan Lynn (R-Mt. Juliet) tells the Associated Press she doesn’t support QAnon conspiracy theories even through she posted the group’s slogan on her social media accounts.

A spokeswoman for Brown-Forman, the corporate parent of Jack Daniel’s, told the AP’s Michael Kunzelman it wouldn’t have donated to Lynn had the company known of her QAnon postings.

“Now that our awareness is raised, we will reevaluate our criteria for giving to help identify affiliations like this in the future,” spokeswoman Elizabeth Conway said in a statement.

Other corporate donors like Amazon and Walmart didn’t respond to the AP’s request for comment.

The AP describes QAnon as being based on “the baseless belief that President Donald Trump is waging a secret campaign against enemies in the “deep state” and a child sex trafficking ring run by satanic pedophiles and cannibals.” QAnon has been linked to killings and attempted kidnappings..

According to the AP account:

“This is the United States of America, and I am absolutely free to tweet or retweet anything I want,” she said. “I don’t understand why this is even an issue. Believe me, I am not in the inside of some QAnon movement.”

But in October 2019, Lynn retweeted posts by QAnon-promoting accounts with tens of thousands of followers. One of the posts she retweeted praised Trump and included the hashtag #TheGreatAwakening, a phrase commonly invoked by QAnon followers.

[…]

In April, Lynn updated her Facebook page with a cover photo that included a flag with stars forming a “Q” above the abbreviation “WWG1WGA,” which stands for the QAnon slogan “Where we go one, we go all.” In May and June, Lynn punctuated several tweets with the same abbreviation.

And when a leading QAnon supporter nicknamed “Praying Medic” tweeted the message, “Is it time to Q the Trump rallies?” Lynn responded, “It is time!” in a May 31 tweet of her own.

Lynn said she viewed “Where we go one, we go all” as a “very unifying slogan” and didn’t know it was a QAnon motto. However, a handful of Facebook users who replied to her updated cover photo in April commented on the QAnon connection. The flag is no longer her cover photo but could still be seen in the feed on her page on Friday.

Read the full story here.

33 Responses to Lynn’s QAnon posts raise concerns with campaign donor

Misty Pardner says:

She’s not the only one in the super majority that supports Q.

Not that Stuart Guy says:

It seems once again the only way to modify the extremist political views of elected officials is to threaten their money supply. In other words, tick off their corporate donors.

No one should be surprised by Lynn, but they are. Amazon donates to local officials nationally, pretty much wherever they have a footprint. But I’d guess in many cases, such as we have with Lynn, some research would find that the local official’s views rarely if ever line up with Amazon’s. But, money is often more important than principle.

But, will it matter? As long as she says the “right” things about abortion, gay people, and guns, her constituents don’t really care what she believes about everything else.

Taxpayer #314 says:

Just one more misguided Republican wandering around trying to raise money for nefarious purposes. Agreed, her actions do not surprise anyone.

Qanon is just a distraction and is just trying to keep people from focusing on the real issues.
    Qanon could be just some punk living in his mom’s basement with too much time on his hands.

MNovak says:

Elected officials should educate themselves on as many sources as possible (even those that are accused of being conspiracy theorists). They need to be “up to speed” on a broad range of topics and influences. Why? Each of our elected officials have a broad constituency. It’s wise to be knowledgeable of multiple platforms no matter if you agree with them or not, because it’s about being prepared to discuss issues with your constituents and being aware of the context from which your constituents are approaching issues (overall philosophies). If this elected official monitors QAnon, she most likely monitors other competing sites, views and information. At least, that is the hope. I don’t follow QAnon, so I’m not referencing it’s content. Just offering a holistic view on the concern embedded in this article.

Susan E Gingrich, Patriots Reborn says:

Q Anon makes a lot more sense that dems in DC & isn’t dangerous & destructive like Antifa. This is still America & let people believe and support what and whom they like!

See, how can we possibly have stories about the latest alleged outrages by the Mayor of Nashville that Tucker Carlson made the feature story on his most watched national cable show or the 30%+ scheduled property tax increase in Nashville and the upcoming election to rescind it when On The Hill is busy giving us fast breaking nothingburgers like this. Of course Susan Lynn (ACU-88%), who I am proud to have financially supported and is a friend, is a conservative Republican and Mayor Cooper is most definitely a liberal Democrat which seem to explain so many of the editorial decisions made by this fine blog that I obviously so dearly love. I believe our liberal friends call this “disparate impact” when engaging in enthnomasochism. Obviously, it has applications when dealing with editorial decisions made by liberal editors as well.

I watched Tuckers monologue and I didn’t hear him once mention that Nashville was following the Trump White House guidelines….which it was. Shouldn’t a “fair and balanced” report make sure to let us know how this shut down of Nashville business got its marching orders?

Erik Schelzig says:

Not to beat a dead horse here, but Fox17 has retracted the original story, saying there was no cover up.

Indeed, that is why I used the word “alleged” in view of the subsequent retraction. The interesting point here is that what was at the time a story with national interest received, as far as I’m aware, no exposure here. The incredible property tax increase by Metro in Nashville and the subsequent ructions there received, as far as I know, no exposure here. Susan Lynn’s using what she regards as a catchy slogan receives prompt exposure. Steve Gill, a long ago political candidate, and a radio talk show host’s domestic problems received extensive coverage. Curious “disparate impact” in editorial decision making between conservatives vs. liberals is what I thought deserved a comment.

Yes, I know that. But for those who hold Tucker as their media idol, no retraction matters. Only what Tucker says maters. My comment was for those Many such-minded who post here. I only question why Tucker, the sage, didn’t bother to give credit for Nashville’s policies to the Trump White House guidelines.

Tucker is indeed a much, much, much more successful me. Preppy and conservative, thus he is my media idol and should be required viewing for everyone, especially the poor kids stuck in today’s government reeducation camps (aka “schools”).

As to why he includes this and not that in any segment of his program? He’s like Erik, it’s his show and the rest of us can cry if we want to regarding the editorial decisions made.

The genesis of something is Sort of Important, Stuart. Criticizing for a lengthy monologue, a policy that came from Trump’s White House without mentioning that fact seems like it was omitted on purpose. Which of course it was and which calls into question the integrity of the whole diatribe he fashioned as an exercise in Finding and Placing blame.

As a matter of fact he’s so much my idol that I have every intention at this point of changing my will because of the transgression Tucker brought to my attention by Kay James, Pres. of the Heritage Foundation. That’s what a groupie I am to that man!

Well I am willing to praise anyone or anything or any circumstance that helps you come to your senses regarding post mortem largesse re Heritage. If nothing I said in public or private worked than kudos to Tucker.

Eddie White says:

Stuart, don’t you know all we conservatives should be getting our news from NPR! I live in Lynn’s district and have known her a long time. She certainly has a strong conservative voting record. I don’t know much about Q ANON, but it sounds like some crazy conspiracy theories often cooked up by the far right or far left. Lynn would do well to keep her distance.

I have not listened to an NPR news cast in Forever, Eddie. Wrong Again. But a valiant try to make sense given your challenges. Still a D- (which for you is probably worth bragging about)

Donna Locke says:

“Ethnomasochism.” Excellent.

Beatrice Shaw says:

vote Democrat and flush the toilet. We are all ready for realistic politics that take our needs into consideration and not the 1%.

Eddie White says:

Beatrice, I think you will get your wish. The Democrats have done a good job of uniting behind Joe Biden. He is leading in every battleground state poll. The country is moving left and Joe Biden will benefit from that shift. The Democrats have a chance to take the senate as well.

Donna Locke says:

This reminds me, though–if you haven’t seen the string of C-SPAN videos of Joe Biden inappropriately touching children in public and while knowing he is on camera, be sure to look that up. It is quite a string and also includes his hands’ always finding their way to women’s chest areas.

That was not a Q tip.

As for Susan Lynn, I am not a fan of her, and she is not a fan of me.

It is indeed creepy. And some of the inappropriately touched children belonged to Mitch McConnel and Tom Cotton. Any quotes at the time from them about this? I am sure they got copies of the tape.

If the implication here is that this is a reprobate pervert then it would seem those 2 would have an imperative to speak out and every reason both personal and professional to do so. Did they?

Eddie White says:

This comment proves that anyone, no matter their cognitive ability, can comment on this blog.

We’ve known that for a Very LONG time thanks to you, Eddie.

So……why Eddie would prominent politicians who watched, with their very own eyes. their children be “inappropriately touched” by the Vice President fail to say something publicly? They witnessed it in real time AND they are always provided with a Tape Recording of the occasion such as the swearing in of Tom Cotton to the Senate.

Why don’t you ever Answer a Question if you are going to insert yourself into a conversation? I of course know the answer. Your many challenges prevent you from doing so.

Eddie White says:

You are not a person that demonstrates much political knowledge or principles. You like to argue and name call and hide behind some fake name. You like to criticize everyone and therefore end up on all sides. Your posts are politically useless. Not worth the time to respond to.

How do I know Eddie White isn’t a fake name? Easy to hide behind a name as common as that even if it was your actual name.

Create a blog yourself and then Demand that legal names be used and stay away from blogs that don’t require such a thing. But no…..you stay here and criticize someone who follows THIS blog’s protocol. Your challenges prevent you from making much of a contribution here so it is obvious you aren’t up to the task of creating a blog.

But it seems for most on this blog it isn’t above their mental ability to answer a question WHEN they have inserted themselves into the conversation that contains the question.

I know in advance you won’t be able to follow this. If I had the patience I’d phrase in a Dick and Jane and Spot narrative for you. But I don’t have That sort of patience.

Eddie…..”Not Worth The Time to Respond” ????? And yet you do. Incessantly. Impulse control added to the other challenges. Memory, comprehension, and now impulse control.

Donna Locke says:

I don’t know, but you can see Jeff Sessions’ slapping Biden’s hands away from Sessions’s toddler granddaughter. Biden’s behavior is well-known in Washington.

Taxpayer #314 says:

…”a fast breaking nothingburger??

• Pingback: Tuesday, September 22

Taxpayer #314 says:

After further thought, I really like the phrase, “a fast breaking nothingburger,” it could be THE definitive definition of Trump’s entire career.