Lee appoints Gibson as chief operating officer

Gov. Bill Lee, bottom left, looks on as his Cabinet takes the oath of office in Nashville on Jan. 19, 2019. (Erik Schelzig Tennessee Journal)

Gov. Bill Lee has named Brandon Gibson as the state’s new chief operating officer. Gibson, a former state appeals judge, previously served as a senior adviser to the governor. She succeeds Butch Eley, who is now the commissioner of the state Finance Department.

“Brandon has been a respected voice both within our administration and across our state,” Lee said in a release. “Her ability to think creatively and bring innovative ideas to fruition will be critical as state government continues to provide services to our customers in new ways during these challenging times. We’re lucky to have a public servant like Brandon in Tennessee and I’m excited for her to get started in this new role.”

15 Responses to Lee appoints Gibson as chief operating officer

“Brandon” is a male name. Why would anyone want to afflict a poor innocent female baby with a name like “Brandon”? I believe Johnny Cash had a hit song about the trials and tribulations this type of thing can cause.

Cannoneer2 says:

I thought the Tennessean had inadvertently swapped pictures on their story..

A Boy Named Shannon says:

Really? Have you people never heard of girls being given names that used to be exclusively men’s? Guess you know a lot of dudes still called Kelly, Ashley, Lindsay, Bailey, Lynn, Shannon, Dana and Taylor?

Those are androgynous names that are almost as bad. All of this blurring the distinction between the sexes is not to be favored and might be part of the giant Cultural Marxist conspiracy against which we should all be on guard.

Donna Locke says:

I saw two obituaries recently for old guys named Shirley and Ethel.

Cultural Marxism began in the 1920’s during the Wiemar Republic in Germany. I think the parents of Shirley and Ethel were part of the movement just like the parents of Brandon.

LeeAnn C. says:

A degree in agri-business management before becoming a court of appeals judge. How is this woman qualified in the business world to handle this position? Apparently, she’s been ‘advising’ Governor Lee all along. Close family friend, I assume. Absolutely lacking in credentials. I’m so sick of this governor!

Cannoneer2 says:

Check the right political boxes and the correct “who you know” boxes, and qualifications aren’t required! It was the same with several previous governors as well.

Haven’t you been educated, Stuart, by the women who roar? The ones who speak of “women in bondage” when the subject of snuffing out human life is broached. These liberated women will not be dictated to by you or anyone. Freed from the shackles that used to once bind~ like surrendering to male notions of conformity regardless of what form it takes~ they boldly give their girl babies (the ones they spare) any ole male name they want.

Get used to it

Sounds like Cultural Marxism to me designed to depress the hell out of us so we are softened up for a Marxist takeover.

Cannoneer2 says:

The position of COO would obviously overlap one or more existing positions. Where are the necessary cuts?

Phil Lassiter says:

Brandon (female) is a name in the long line of gender neutral families being cultivated by TN

• Pingback: Wednesday, May 13

Helen Lewis says:

Sounds like Stuart wants to keep split-tail….