Late-night TV comedian Stephen Colbert is taking aim at Tennessee’s decision to fire its vaccine chief and stop marketing any immunizations to children.

“Tennessee, the Volunteer State, has one of the worst vaccination rates in the country,” Colbert said in his monologue Wednesday. “And they aim to keep it that way.”

Colbert suggested the state is proud of it’s anti-vax ways, and his program created a new tourism ad to suit:

“Discover Tennessee: Scenic lakes, beautiful state parks, and soon: polio!” the ad’s narrators says. “There are just so many things to do — and catch — in Tennessee.”

The parody ends with a new tourism slogan for the state: “Tennessee: The last place you’ll ever visit.”

As tourism officials like to say, you can’t buy this kind of publicity.

54 Responses to Last place you’ll ever visit? Tennessee’s vaccine policy becomes late-night TV fodder

Teddy says:

Not many people give a damn what Colbert thinks…right or wrong!

Correct Teddy. MSM is lies and censored of truth. Been that way for half a century and more.

Cryan says:

Shouldn’t you be getting ready for the Trump inauguration, Teddy? Don’t forget to pack your MyPillow for emotional support!

Eddie White says:

You are right Teddy. Colbert is a mouthpiece for the left. I am more interested in what my well trained primary physician has to say about vaccinations. I choose to be vaccinated and I encourage everyone else to do the same. Vaccinations have provided all of us a healthier life and society. Some of our most serious diseases have been almost eliminated because of vaccinations. Politics aside, let’s follow the medical advice on this issue.

Joni says:

You’re right!

Bill says:

Stephen Corbert’s parody and tourism ad spoof tells a truth that makes us think.

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”

– Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher

Insert comedy for truth.

Amy Green says:

Well. We get what we deserve. At least Colbert didn’t add the unique provision in state law that enables us to eat roadkill. — and his coverage is NOTHING compared to what is happening in business news and national news.

Here’s what matters: What Tucker and the nightly opinion hacks on FOXX say.

Here’s what doesn’t matter: what anyone else says incl business journals, network news, late night comedians. They are all part of the Deep State, Fake news, Hoax purveyors.

Keeping this in mind the repository of all things Truthful is Donald Trump.

Eddie White says:

TDS

Cryan says:

January 16, 2021 Stuart I. Anderson says:

“Trump was WRONG, the Republicans who voted for him were WRONG and I did what I could to prevent it. I expected nothing and received a little more than I expected. Case closed.

Trump is a jerk. He was a jerk as President. He was a jerk as a candidate the second time and therefore lost. He is going out like a jerk. CASE CLOSED!”

Source: https://onthehill.tnjournal.net/former-commissioner-reports-rep-weaver-to-dc-police/

Eddie White says:

Stuart does not like Trump. It does not rise to the insanity of a few others on this blog, but I would not defend his statements. I did not vote for Trump in the 2016 primary either, but he governed as a conservative. He offended some people on the left and some mild mannered Republicans. So what. He did what he said he would do and spoke for a lot of us in fly over country.

Cryan says:

He’s not the only one who doesn’t like Trump.

Tucker Carlson: “I’d love to add something even meaner to your description of Donald Trump — he’s the sort of person I want to keep kicking once he’s down–but I don’t think I can,” Carlson wrote in his exchange with Smith. “You’ve said it all: He is the single most repulsive person on the planet.”

Source: https://www.businessinsider.com/tucker-carlson-called-trump-the-most-repulsive-person-on-the-planet-in-1999-2021-7

Eddie I believe we have the following two imperatives as Republicans as we head into the 2022 elections in order to be successful:

1. Nominate the most conservative candidates that have a reasonably good chance of winning in the general election and

2. Stay unified as between the Trumpidians and those who are cool toward Trump.

The left realizes these imperatives and will try to do and say anything in order to interfere with our achieving those them. We must not let them succeed!

Yes Little Parrot……

Taxpayer #314 says:

It is never the fault of Republicans – it is always the fault of those sneaky Democrats and they do all this because the Republicans are so easy to fool – according to Stuart. He sounds worried with his preaching.

Please never forget Eddie, she’s a REPUBLICAN and a conservative Republican too. I know it’s hard to remember reading what she says the vast, vast majority of times but our leftist friends on this forum have trouble remembering it too as they cheer her on and on.

Eddie White says:

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, then it is a duck.

Have you always voted R every year of your adult voting life, Little Parrot? Do you pay 100’s of thousand per yr in Federal Income tax? Have each of the children you’ve reared do the same?

I am certain that I am more conservative than you are and am footing the bill for what goes on in this country more than You do.

Tell me Stuart what lies I have told on this forum. Why shouldn’t the TRUTH be cheered on?
          What is the matter with pointing out things that are TRUE????? The sad part is that Only the left cheers that on.

I never said you lied just like I never doubted you are a Republican because I am content to leave it to Taxpayer to have a monopoly on mindreading on this forum. Surely you can understand, that to the observer your unusual tic consisting of having a vast majority of your offerings on this forum critical of the individuals and positions of members of your own party is puzzling. Certainly not illegal or immoral you understand, simply “unusual” and a bit inexplicable.

Eddie White says:

How funny. This from an anonymous person who wants us to believe he/she is very important, and smarter than everyone else! You and Joe Biden have a lot in common both politically and cognitively. Yes, I have always voted Republican, as did my father, my grandfather, and my great grandfather. All in the state of Tennessee.

I expect more of people who call themselves conservatives. I want to point out their Divergence from their stated ideology to remind them that they may be fooling some of the people or most of the people but they’re not fooling me.

I have written much on how I hate redistribution, illegal immigration, tax unfairness, among many other things conservatives say they also hate BUT SUPPORT POLICIES that work in a counter productive way.

So…there is much to criticize Biden and his policies but there are tons of conservatives who do that. My interest is in pointing out where the presumed Pathfinders are Off Course.

And I always make sure that what I am saying is Fact Based. So IF I am cheered on only by the left that is indeed unfortunate.

Ok Eddie White. My real name is Jane Jones. Does that help?

And as for very important. I have never said I am very important. Don’t remotely think I am. But based on IQ tests I KNOW I am very intelligent.

And Eddie… I don’t believe you or your father or your grandfather always voted Republican. Prove it or I don’t believe it.

Marle, it is deep state, or Insiders, or CFR, whatever you want to call them. Look at who Owns the MSM, look at all the Top newscasters and new presidents and news journals, and all of the Executive Department secretaries and all the CEO’s of all major Banks and large fortune 500 companies, and major university presidents. There are only 5000 members of the CFR and most are in the above groups.
        Now if there were 5000 Jews or 5000 Catholics or …. in these positions, then there would be Heck to pay.

Yes…everyone except Trump devotees are deep state. Only Trump is our savior. I get it, James

Gail McPeak says:

Duuuude, I didn’t realize how crazy your are!

Cryan says:

Will the state make another dashboard so we can see how many people are returning their flight vouchers and cancelling hotel reservations?

#TennesseeOnBillLee

Nobody says:

Our state’s refusal to submit to Vax Cultism is wonderful and a primary reason so many want to live here.

Colbert making jokes is a sign we’re doing something right; would be wonderful if he and those few folks who like what he does ever visit our lovely state.

The move to NO-income tax states like TN happened years before covid showed up. As for the “cult of vax” is that any worse than the Cult of Personality that nearly all Tennesseans are devoted to?

Taxpayer #314 says:

Dear “Nobody” One could say “Our state’s refusal to submit to Vax Cultism is wonderful and a primary reason so many want to Die here.” Vaccines save lives!

Phillip Lassiter says:

This is a good thing for Tennessee. We don’t want anyone here that watches The idiot with deformed ears.

Karen Bracken says:

The low vaccination rate in TN tells me the people of TN are the smartest most informed citizens about the lies we are being told about COVID and the dangers with the shot. CHEERS to Tennessee.

That’s how you measure the intelligence of the people of TN?

Like they always say: Thank God for Mississippi.

Taxpayer #314 says:

And the curve has already turned almost straight up in Tennessee with new cases of Covid. A LARGE majority of those new cases requiring hospitalizations are NON-VACCINATED people. Tennessee has DOUBLED the new cases in the past two weeks – and still the deniers are shouting loud.

Bill says:

. . . and our children are the ones who suffer.

Pat says:

So many children will get sick and possibly die without vaccinations. You never want to see a baby with whooping cough. Only better education will help.

They want the right to choose whether or not to watch their child die from diseases preventable by vaccine.

FREEDOM is the driver~ incl the freedom to put themselves and others in medical and financial jeopardy.

Cryan says:

My great uncle bequeathed me several shares of a defunct iron lung manufacturer. Thank God I didn’t throw them out.

💲💲💲💰💰💰🤑🤑🤑🚀 🚀 🚀🌝

Oh if only those late night talk leftists would regularly make Tennessee their symbol of a bad, bad state so the undesirables who watch those programs and giggle at the nonsense will make this state the very last place in the country to which they would ever dream of moving. I don’t care if the pass through or even stop and spend a buck or two but my gosh I don’t want those specimen actually moving here and voting.

Taxpayer #314 says:

Is that why you are trying to make it so difficult for “them” to vote in Tennessee??

Ed Erwin says:

The children of Tennessee have parents and mentors to make an informed decision on whether to vax their kids or not. Don’t need government bureaucrats making decisions which should be made by family.

Because America has so many responsible adults/parents! Abuse, neglect, drug addiction, underachievement, childhood poverty, women’s shelters, restraining orders, and over burdened Child welfare system and plenty of tax dollars tell me we have an abundance of Irresponsible parents hardly capable of deciding Anything in the best interest of the children they have produced.

I think we should be very slow to allow the imperfectability of human beings to open the door to government control and coercion.

Just don’t tell me TN parents (all of them or even the vast majority of them) act in the best interest of their children. That is what he said we should trust to keep this virus from circulating and mutating.

Our inner city test scores, child abuse and neglect stats, illiteracy rates (but not as bad as Mississippi) etc scream otherwise. Just Tell me you realize many of them have’t demonstrated a level of responsibility to be trusted with raising a hamster but that’s ok b/c a parent’s FREEDOM is paramount.

Taxpayer #314 says:

All these comments above lead me to believe that it is very hard to teach a republican anything about science’ they just don’t get it. Talk about “Command and Control” issues!

Valerie Humphreys says:

Then quit moving to Tennessee. Listen to Stephen. Don’t move here! Stay there! We are a horrible state lol. Don’t move here. 😂

Valerie Humphreys says: