He’s back! Joe Carr making another run for political office

Former state Rep. Joe Carr (R-Lascassas) announces his U.S. Senate bid in January 2013.

Former state Rep. Joe Carr (R-Lascassas) is taking another stab at running for public office. This time it’s for Rutherford County mayor, where incumbent Bill Ketron may be vulnerable after legal problems related to his former insurance business and a $135,000 civil penalty he received for numerous campaign finance violations.

Since leaving the General Assembly, Carr has unsuccessfully run for two different U.S. House seats, the U.S Senate, state Republican Party chair, and the state Senate. He was hired to work in Gov. Bill Lee’s administration after endorsing the Republican during the 2018 gubernatorial primary, but left after about a year. Carr was also a prominent backer of Manny Sethi’s U.S. Senate bid last year. The latter lost to now-Sen. Bill Hagerty of Nashville in the Republican primary.

38 Responses to He’s back! Joe Carr making another run for political office

Cryan says:

Perennial candidate like Byron Bush

Not that Stuart guy says:

I don’t envy the voters of Rutherford County. Two poor choices. (Despite changing demographics, I doubt RC is ready to elect a Democrat.)

MY LORD!!! Who was it who correctly predicted this would happen on this forum over a year ago. Phil Lassiter wasn’t it you? Whoever it was, how did you know? REALLY, I’M IMPRESSED!!

Damn how lucky can you be? Joe why the heck didn’t you move to Williamson County where we desperately need a Joe Carr to lead this county as the subsidiaries of the grievance industry who number about two dozen people in the industry lead the feckless “Republican” officeholders around by the nose at the behest of Williamson Inc. (“WI”) the local chamber of commerce. To WI its only profits of its members that count and how do you spell profit C-A-P-I-T-U-L-A-T-I-O-N and maybe T-R-A-N-Q-U-I-L-I-T-Y.

CONGRATULATIONS to the people of Rutherford County! How lucky can you get.

Cryan says:

The question is really “how lucky is the person who gets elected in Rutherford County?”

You can get away with almost anything there because the majority of locals only care about national trans issues. Meanwhile the elected officials are writing themselves contracts to sell cigarettes to the prisoners and letting their daughter embezzle taxpayer money.

Phillip Lassiter says:

Easy to do Stuart, when you connect the dots. He has issues though with his multiple losses and the reason he left state employ. It wasn’t made public but there is a lot out there or so I’m told. Things will all come out in time I’m sure.

Another Neo-Con Republican who voted against leaving the US Constitution alone. Wake up Rutherford county.

Donna Locke says:

The Flimflam Man.

Donna Locke says:

Trust me, I know the extent of the ignorance and the lack of veracity there. AND on the leash of the business lobby.

Jason Wallflower says:

This guy is a career politician. So sad.

Not at all Jason. We need more Joe Carrs who are willing to enter the arena and make the sacrifices in time, money and open themselves to the abuse connected with running for office. It’s easy enough to sit down and write a check but to actively run for office as a stalwart conservative should elicit the admiration and thanks from every Tennessee conservative.

Ken says:

“Not Lamar. Vote Joe Carr.” Yeah, right. Another loonie from the past.

mike swafford says:

Was he Born in Rutherford County? I do see he is another dirt bag Republican

Hey mike, are you a “Blood & Soil” leftist? If so, you can join MARLE as another sui generis specimen on this forum.

Cryan says:

MARLE isn’t a leftist. I gave them a hard time yesterday about TDS because of my disdain for the GQP since at least when the Falwells and “Moral” Majority hijacked the party (late 70s?).

You aren’t a conservative, and neither are the rest of the Evangelical GQP Trump lovers.

Cryan says:

And your regular reminder: No record, celebrity author JD Vance met with Trump at Mar-A-Lago. He’s now the number one contender for Ohio’s Senate seat. That’s going to be an easy pickup for the Dems. His campaign manager, billionaire Californian (and Facebook co-founder) Peter Thiel, is promoting another no record candidate in Arizona. Thiel and JD Vance are also working on a new social media platform to elevate Trump.

Trump ain’t going no where, and there’s nothing you can do about it but cry. He runs your party. Hahahahaha

He’s a liar, that Stuart person. A comment I never thought I’d have to make. Not only am I not a Leftist but……….

I am more of a conservative than you are Stuart b/c I came to conservatism having thought through the ideology or what you might call micro-analyzing.

Like lyin Ted and lyin Trump, Stuart is trying to bamboozle what he thinks is the new guy on the block.

You only made that comment because you misinterpreted what I said, though apparently you are not the only on so what I said apparently was subject to misinterpretation. The translation is first I question mike as to whether he is a “Blood & Soil” leftist. Then upon receiving an affirmative answer I indicate that makes him another “sui generous specimen” i.e. unique type of person (since blood & soil politics are associated with right-wing parties) just like MARLE. The connection between mike and MARLE is thus being unique not left-wing politics.

MARLE certainly isn’t a leftist and I don’t call people leftist lightly because that is a terrible thing to call someone. I regret any confusion or pain my statement may have caused.

Get over yourself! I know you Think you can write cogently. I know you can read (at least at a level equal to your writing) so what you wrote was “interpreted” exactly consistent with what you wrote.

And no one is ever in pain from your comments. Confused by your constant diversion and frustrated by your lack of critical thinking on nearly every subject, but not in pain. Sorry!

And perhaps you should drop the Latin phrases. As someone who took 4 years of Latin I can tell you that you don’t handle it well. And by the way….it’s sui generis

Oh dear MARLE, you have descended into downright nastiness because I won’t play with you in your rabbit holes at your command. And now you are correcting spelling that the spell checker doesn’t catch with your usual snarky gracelessness.

It’s a shame really. This used to be a nice forum where people could respectfully exchange opinions but first we acquire a profane vulgarian now you have apparently lost the ability to communicate respectfully. You have always been humorless but interesting as you alienated one after another on this forum needlessly. Now we have you combining your humorlessness with a nastiness aimed at me which I find regrettable. It was nice chatting with you and I hope we can do it again sometime.

Being asked to tell me which bathroom Jenner should be made to use when YOU brought it up is your version of going down a rabbit hole. Or it isn’t a topic you are interested in when YOU brought it up.

No…..you don’t want to discuss the nutty comments you make and you use excuses to dodge explanations you can’t make. Everyone here sees what you’re doing. I understand you can’t call Tucker for the answer so you’re stuck.

You have called me deranged, dismissed any and all follow ups on your comments (which I know you’d rather throw out there unchallenged) as forcing you down a rabbit hole, micro-analyzing. You have corrected people on spelling, syntax, etc. You’ve called Beatrice all manner things. None of that I suppose was “sad”.
            But now that it is directed your way~ now it IS definitely “sad”.

Taxpayer #314 says:

Trump and the people he is surrounded by are perfect for each other – they all have the basic criminal intent and never fear having to lie or cheat.

Helen Van Patterson Patton says:

Didn’t he leave because of harassment? No to Joe Carr

Probably, but please remember the victims were no doubt mindless leftists and feckless, craven centrist/tepid conservative Republicans.

Taxpayer #314 says:

Yes, Stuart, the public should NEVER place any blame on the Conservative or the Republican, no matter how bad or uncalled for behavior they have demonstrated.

Cryan says:

Victim shaming? What the hell is wrong with you? Typical you’d get excited about a GQP primary candidate with the most baggage.

Donna Locke says:

Stuart, have you been out in the sun? What on earth . . .

And there you have it: Anyone alleging anything against a politician supports is “no doubt mindless leftists and feckless, craven centrist/tepid conservative Republicans.”

It’s not often you get a glimpse into such thinking (or clear lack of Thinking) but there it is!

Phillip Lassiter says:

I hear he reconnected with his family after abandoning them for another person (male or female ) while ina supervisory position. It may all be good now

LeeAnn C. says:

We supported him in his run against Lamar. The thing is, you can’t do anything if you can’t win. He got beat by a large margin in his home district in 2018. He and Zach Wamp embarrassed themselves in their advocacy for Dr. M for senate. No clue as to why he went to work at TDEC as a government employee and now blames the controversies surrounding him on a liberal bureaucracy? He’s done.

REally? He’s running for mayor of a county with barely a quarter million people and most of you don’t think he will win? I thought this would be the easy W in the win column.

LeeAnn C says:

I don’t. He’s lost too many races and the most significant being the state senate race in his own backyard. I don’t know the choices Rutherford county will have, but half the county rejected him in that 2018 state election.