He’s back! Flinn announces latest campaign for U.S. Senate

George Flinn, the Shelby County radiologist and broadcast company owner, has dropped $12.5 million of his own money on five unsuccessful congressional bids since 2010. He’s now announcing his latest Republican bid for the U.S. Senate.

Flinn ran against U.S. Rep. David Kustoff (R-Memphis) in the last two cycles, dropping $6.1 million of his own money on those bids. It’s his second bid for the U.S. Senate, having spent $1.2 million in a 2014 bid. He finished that race in distant third behind incumbent Sen. Lamar Alexander and former state Rep. Joe Carr (R-Lascassas).

Here’s the release from the Flinn campaign:

BRENTWOOD, TN- Today, George Flinn announces his candidacy for U.S. Senate. As a tenured businessman, Flinn brings extensive experience to this race. For too many years politicians have avoided the hard work of problem-solving and instead focused on distracting the American people with soundbites and spin. Elected officials are more interested in being idols, celebrities, and stars. George Flinn is appalled by this trend and knows it is hindering America’s progress.

Flinn is committed to providing real solutions, rather than being focused on distracting the voters. He knows government is about policies, passing bills, and being a servant to our country by implementing real solutions, not by sounding good and accomplishing nothing. George Flinn will bring back the true conservatism that this country was founded on,

Time and time again politicians provide soundbites over a working plan. That’s why I feel I had to throw my hat in the race this year, for a chance to really work, to get things done for Tennesseans. A political campaign is not about just getting elected, it is about creating an opportunity to reach a large group of people with a powerful message that will create major improvements in their lives. I feel the majority of political candidates have lost sight of that. I refuse to give up on the opportunity to improve the quality of so many lives across Tennessee.

Innovative solutions require crucial work that is at times boring, but always vital. It is critical to invest time to consider all of the possibilities to address our complex problems. This is the type of work and commitment you can expect from George Flinn as a U.S. Senator.

I have developed real solutions for the complex problems facing Tennesseans and am sharing them with everyone, through my website. I am so committed to implementing solutions that I invite other candidates to embrace these solutions also. What is really important is that these solutions that benefit Tennesseans, are implemented. As one of my favorite Ronald Reagan quotes states, “There is no limit to the amount good you can do when you don’t care who gets the credit.”

George Flinn is a double-boarded certified M.D. in radiology and nuclear medicine, electrical engineer,  author of multiple books, and U.S. Senate candidate, who truly believes we can improve the future of Tennessee.

For more information visit his website at www.realsolutionsfortn.com.

25 Responses to He’s back! Flinn announces latest campaign for U.S. Senate

Good. I wished he beat that NeoCon Kustoff. Go Flinn.

Phil Lassiter says:

Guaranteed Hagerty win. Devaney bet tree r start damage control now

Now there’s a handy receptacle for those who want to go to the polls just to waste a vote. I want to vote against Chairman Manny with the hope that he isn’t the second No Record Candidate that Chris Devaney manages to get into high office in the second election in a row. The best way to vote against the Chairman is to vote for Hagerty.

Beatrice Shaw says:

This man is proof you have to be independently wealthy to run for office now.

Randy T Hendon says:

A fine candidate and great Conservative Leader for Tennessee. He is from a very respected and admired Memphis family. I am very happy there is a West Tennessean in the race. After all, It is an open seat! Good Luck, Doctor Flinn!!!!!

Not Stuart Anderson says:

I didn’t know businessmen could get tenure.

Helen Lewis says:

I do not remember him……But in the field of radiology, you try to go the core of the problem….

• Dr. Flinn has demonstrated and proven conservative Republican values over the years. He deserves our support. I know this man, I know how he thinks. Dr Flinn has run for office this many times because he just wants to serve. This is not an ego trip. I think the fact he has spent this much money running for office proves that. We need more physicians in the US Senate. We still have a healthcare crisis. We still have an opioid crisis. He has my full support.

Oh nooooooo, how could anyone possibly think that the good Dr. is on an ego trip with nothin’ much better to do than run for office? Please tell this “proven conservative” to be sure to impress conservatives with his record of contributions to conservative causes and/or candidates. How about his record of being an outspoken advocate for conservative causes? (Maybe, just maybe we can even forget Flinn’s record of running against proven conservatives if we’re really impressed.) Why with the big bucks guy that he is surely there’s a long conservative record that just goes on page after page.

I have an idea, perhaps he can get together with that other conservative zealot in the race Chairman Manny and both can present their rich conservative records jointly. Until conservatives receive information about the past rather than vague promises about the future , the default is to vote for Hagerty.

Dr. Flinn served the citizens of Shelby County for 6 years as their County Commissioner. During his time on the Commission, Dr. Flinn served as Chairman of the Economic Development and Personnel Committees.

OK, Flinn got a number of seats in a number of government bodies warm where he probably never had a chance to vote for or against an Article V Constitutional Convention and he has almost no chance of being elected in this Senate race so I can understand why you are so enthusiastic about his forlorn candidacy. You located your comment, however, as a “Reply” to my comment which it wasn’t insofar as I asked for Dr. Flinn’s CONSERVATIVE credentials in the same way as I have thus far so fruitlessly asked for Chairman Manny’s conservative credentials. I know you will have trouble believing this, but even though I have every confidence that based on your careful research Dr. Flinn never voted for an Article V Constitutional Convention I will vote for Bill Hagerty.

I see now. You say you want real conservatives and no Chamber of Commerce lackeys, but you vote form them. You are helping the enemy by convincing people to vote for your ‘near conservative’ and not a true conservative. So neocon chambers still rule.
            The proof is there, in office today.

Misty Pardner says:

Ward Baker better update that resume. When Flinn is in Trumps gonna take it on the chin.

Phil Lassiter says:

Ward Baker is a cancer to the Republic

Kosh III says:

“bring back the true conservatism that this country was founded on”

What BS. Treason against the government is a radical solution.

Phil Lassiter says:

Flinn is the Joe Carr of Wset TN. Maybe Gov can hire Flinn?

Jason Wallflower says:

Does nothing but help Manny for Flinn to be in the race. He’ll probably drop money just hitting Hagerty nonstop.

• Pingback: Thursday, January 30

• Dr. George,
    I am a Maury County mainly Republican but sometime I vote Democrat . I Will Be Voting For You !

Doris A Rudy says:

I must say that, after reading Dr Flinn’s plan of action, I am very impressed with his ideas. I went from looking at him as somewhat of a ‘Ralph Nader’, (running again and again with some slightly hare brained ideas) to being very impressed with his comprehensive understanding of what has happened to our economy and our society. He gets it. And, his ideas would not disenfranchise anyone….they are ideas and solutions that would help get this country on the road to a solid recovery. Back to paths that are helping everyone, converging upward for the good of all, not just a privileged few. READ his plan.

• Well I live in Arkansas
    I don’t know him and he’s Republican
    I just think he will do what he says or at least try.
    I’m Democrat I would vote for him

Kim Murray says:

I have been and still am impressed by Dr. Flynn’s persistence to serve. His accomplishments prove that he wants to make a difference in our community. I admire him for not giving up on his dream of becoming a public servant.
    Praying for you Dr. Flynn!

R. T. Wallace, M. D. says:

Thank goodness he’s not drinking the Trump koolade too. I’ll gladly vote for him.