Here’s who has been vaccinated among the TN congressional delegation

Bill Hagerty attends the Tennessee Republican Party’s Statesmen’s Dinner in Nashville on June 15, 2019. At right is U.S. Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-Brentwood). (Erik Schelzig, Tennessee Journal)

Both of Tennessee’s U.S. senators have been vaccinated against COVID-19, the state’s nine House members are more divided.

According to reporting by States Newsroom and the Chattanooga Times Free Press, four House members from Tennessee have gotten the shot: Democrats Steve Cohen of Memphis and Jim Cooper of Nashville, and Republicans Scott DesJarlais of Winchester and David Kustoff of Memphis.

Rep. Chuck Fleischmann (R-Chattanooga) is holding off for the moment.

“Because I was diagnosed with COVID-19 in January, I am waiting to be vaccinated until those who are at a greater risk for the virus are able to be vaccinated first,” he told the Times Free Press. “I continue to strongly urge all Americans to get vaccinated.”

The four remaining Tennessee members, all Republicans, did not respond to the survey or newspaper: Tim Burchett of Knoxville, Mark Green of Ashland City, Diana Harshbarger of Kingsport, and John Rose of Cookeville.

U.S. Sens. Marsha Blackburn (R-Brentwood) and Bill Hagerty (R-Nashville) responded they had already been innoculated.

76 Responses to Here’s who has been vaccinated among the TN congressional delegation

Lockdown Folly? Lockdown-averse Amish May Now Have Covid Herd Immunity, Says Health Official

Taxpayer #314 says:

These two always look like they are in LA-LA Land in the photos they take. Just look at the expressions on their faces.

I think your liberal friend Eriik likes that picture, and I bet he likes it for much the same reason that you have pointed out.

Karen Bracken says:

How dare you share this information. This is how you are going to fan the fires of hate between vaccinated people and people who decide vaccination is not in their best interest. I take GREAT offense to you posting this information and if I were there legislators I would tell you to mind your own business. This is totally disgraceful. This reminds me of Nazi Germany when the Nazis convince the Jews were diseased and needed to be exterminated.

Cryan says:

WTF are you talking about? They volunteered the information themselves, dipshit. Ever heard of the first amendment? Clearly you have a horrible mental illness and I hope you can get help. But God damn, Jesus, this state is so f*cked. Our legislature and executive caters to people like you at the expense of the sane.

What the hell is wrong with you Republicans being scared of people like this?

Karen Bracken says:

What gives them or anyone the right to ask people if they were vaccinated or not and then publish it for the public? When in the history of this country has that ever been done. I am sure you have swallowed the lies about this flu that has a 99.7% survivability rate. I am also sure by you have absolutely no understanding of what this will lead to. This is how they are going to start pitting vaccinated people against unvaccinated people and robbing people of their God given rights. If you don’t believe in the Constitution and human rights then perhaps you would be better suited moving to Cuba. Perhaps you need to read some history because it is about to repeat itself. Will the unvaccinated end up in camps??

Perry Aubric says:

Karen, you are certifiably batshit crazy.

And there are tons more where she came from.

Phillip Lassiter says:

Shut up, Stolen Valor. Despicable

Perry Aubric says:

I shouldn’t have to defend myself to this liar Phillip, who knows damn well he is a liar and a coward and despicable scum, but let me tell you again:

I have been posting here for many years. I never have claimed to have been in the military. I have commented that my father was a Marine in WWII and that I donate to the Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation every year in his memory. I am proud of his service and find this a suitable memorial to him.

Phillip Lassiter is a liar. I challenge him to provide any quote or link where I have claimed military service. He is despicable.

Dr Byron Bush says:

Listening to your intentional and specifically offensive language for millions of believers in Christ, I’m reminded of His last words. “Father forgive them for they know not what they do.” Blessings

Eddie White says:

Dr Bush, you are exactly right. The language in the above posts is disgusting. Ironic the number of times God’s name is used in vain during Holy Week. The N word and other offensive ethnic language is not permitted, but this offensive language is allowable.

Cryan says:

Yes, it’s a real War on X-Mas over here. You are the persecuted one because I can say “Jesus” but you can’t say the N word.

It’s Merry Christmas, not Adam and Steve.

Eddie White says:

I have no desire to say the N word. Your language is a sad commentary on who you are and the anger and insecurity you live with.

Cryan says:

Ok, Psychology Today. Have you watched broadcast TV lately? Cursing is prevalent in society. You need to get over this idea that American Christians are being persecuted. Try being a Christian in the middle east or China. Your response to a swear word is a sad commentary on your fragility, self-righteousness, entitlement, and special snowflake status.

Cryan says:

One more thing, Eddie and Byron: you all are more offended by the language a Democrat uses rather than the dangerous comments made by people like Karen because at least she’s on your team. That’s so typical of Republicans.

You all want to lock up Hillary for complete fantasies you’ve all conjured up and then you give a pass to Matt Gaetz who used illegal Schedule 1 ecstasy before trafficking and raping a child. Don’t forget Roy Moore, Stormy Daniels, Falwell, Jimmy Swaggart, Trump, Giuliani, Casada, and all the other GOP perverts.

F*cking hypocrites.

Beatrice Shaw says:

It is OUR RIGHT to know who is vaccinated and who isn’t. This is a very deadly disease and we do not need people in grocery stores, gas stations and restaurants who aren’t vaccinated.

Nancy Patty says:

What is the purpose of asking personal questions on health issues? It is a decision each person must make for themselves and it is no ones business who takes the vaccine and who does not. Some people decide not to take the vaccine because of medical reasons that they do not want to make public. It seems like this is a way to divide people over something that should be between them and their doctor. How is this information going to be used? Is this to intimidate people? People need to mind their own business.

News outlets asked them OR they recieved the shot in a Public Place and so there is no presumption, right or reason for privacy.

They were not getting the shot with a bag over their head when they did so in public and they did not speak to news outlets off the record.

Any private company, airline, restaurant etc should have sections for vaccinated and non-vaccinated just like they did for smoking. I would much prefer to sit for hours shoulder to shoulder with a person who could verify vaccination status.

Then the non-vaccinated can enjoy each others company, in close quarters, and infect each other if they want to.

Dr Byron Bush says:

But if you are vacinated… then you are safe… right? So why should it matter WHO you sit next to? You would just be protecting them… right?
        Divisive rhetoric, mandates and Anti-American agendas by those who “claim” to look out for our best interest. Sad…

I don’t think the odds put it at 100%. But no vaccine and no antibodies puts it substantially higher.

And what’s the harm in allowing those who do not want to be vaccinated huddle up together? It’s all a hoax and vaccines don’t work so why should they object?

Dr Byron Bush says:

Oh… that’s the point. We don’t object… only to those who try to impose their will upon others. I’m happy if you’re happy to take the vaccine… but it’s interesting that you would find it satisfying for those who are unvaccinated to spread it to each other when those who are vaccinated may be… may be just as contagious. Stay healthy

I don’t find it satisfying but that is what THEY seem to want to do. The virus mutations will evade the current vaccine so long as it circulates. All of us are going to have to get recurring vaccines, updated to include the mutations that come from the unvaccinated.

But so long as THEY delight in being unvaccinated, and they do, then they should congregate amongst themselves as much as possible just as the smokers should breathe each other’s 2d hand smoke.

Do you remember the hue and cry when smoking was segregated. oh, restaurants and bars and casinos and airlines were all going to go bankrupt if people could blow their smoke into their neighbor’s personal space. So who was right? The smoker or the non smoker. As it turns out in a separated space they Each Got What they wanted.

Taxpayer #314 says:

I would venture to guess that Dr. Byron Bush is a conservative republican, and just leave it at that.

Cannoneer2 says:

I wonder if Marsha pushed to the front of the line, important as she is…

Unfortunately Republicans with a Heritage lifetime score of 85% like Marsha’s or more don’t grow on trees so Marsha is very important and I wouldn’t care at all if I was standing on line and she simply told us that she is very busy trying to prevent the demented Big Guy and his Democratic friends from turning this country into a socialist hellhole so could she please “insert herself” at the head of the line. I would regard it as a service to this nation on my part to actually encourage her to do so.

Trey Gowdy with his heritage action score of 85 just last evening on Fox called Biden a very effective messenger and a likeable guy. Doesn’t sound like the description of a demented person.

YOU HAVE Biden Derangement Syndrome. Can’t you stop the personal and unfounded attacks on his mental state and just stick to his flawed policies? When someone first told you the earth wasn’t flat and you won’t sail off the edge of the horizon you probably first accused them of micro analyzing things and then told them their mother wears army boots

PERHAPS you should seek help for your Biden Derangement Syndrome. It’s compromising any chance you have of making valid points of fact.

What Gowdy probably meant is that the demented Big Guy is a very effective messenger for the Republicans insofar as he often trails off in his unscripted statements into incoherence and almost never is allowed by his handlers to answer questions from someone in the press who is hostile to his administration. Finally, individuals suffering from dementia may or may not be likeable so it neither does or does not “. . . sound like a description of a demented person.”

Any individual with a sharp intellect should be able to evaluate any point I make whether they agree or disagree with my opinion that the Big Guy is demented. In your anti-Republican/conservative diatribes (before you end up voting Republican that is) you seem to have acquired a soft spot for the demented Big Guy which I think is sort of touching. “Soft spot” isn’t an emotion that I would necessarily associate with you off the top of my head.

I have no soft spot for Biden. I had none for Trump. But I refrained from calling either one by any names that were not fact driven and provable. I DID disagree with Trump policies, his hiring choices, and his antics which lost Republicans all the levers of power in DC. And I DO currently disagree with most all of Biden’s policies.

But your sinking to 3d grader tactics instead of just opposing him on the facts. And I know someone with a good mind would be using his brain to make valid points rather than making up stuff. PERHAPS I over estimated you and PERHAPS I shouldn’t expect more. But you are really not helping the conservative cause by being a 3d grade school yard name caller.

Whether one calls people mocking or derisive names is a matter of style and sense of humor. You and I as individuals have different styles in expressing opinions that’s all, nothing to be concerned about. You apparently don’t like my style. Others regard it as often uproariously funny. I think that you have a tendency to take things too seriously, but of course that’s simply my opinion.

I called Randy Boyd “Randy!” during the gubernatorial elections. I called Manny Sethi “Chairman Manny” during the senatorial election. It’s always “Lips” Bush and “Uniter” Bush. Think I have a Boyd/Sethi/Bush/Bush derangement syndrome(s)? Perhaps I do. One thing that characterizes my alleged syndrome(s), however, I don’t incessantly bang on about any of these individuals once their election/term in office is over. Can derangement syndromes can take different forms? Well, perhaps I have sui generis “derangement syndrome(s).” Just my luck!

Lips refers to one lie and while it is indeed childish you weren’t on here posting in the late 1988’s. This exhibition of persistent childish, playground taunt, has already been a near daily repetitive derangement and likely to continue.

BIden is president and you don’t KNOW his mental condition to be dementia. Bush lied and the lies were part of his statement read my lips. Truth. See the difference. One is knowledge based and one isn’t and one is current (and subject to your derangement repetition) and the other is not.

It’s just simply childish and beneath the intellectual level of most on here which isn’t a high bar. To be beneath that~ is that where you’re aiming????

There were fact based reasons why I chose a nickname for Boyd, Sethi and the Bushes, and there is a fact based reason why I add “dementia” in reference to the Big Guy. There is something wrong with our President that is plain to see. Hardening of the arteries, plaque build up on the brain, who knows and who cares? We have an impaired President whose policies are fundamentally changing this country in ways that I don’t approve of so I like to point out he ain’t right and is a sleaze ball to boot and I probably will continue to do so certainly in the near future.

BTW, “dementia” – “a condition of deteriorated mentality” – Webster’s New Collegiate Dictionary. That’s exactly how I am using the term. No need to micro analyze as tp why he suffers from dementia. It’s enough to observe that he obviously does.

So Stuart. Here is a webster definition of Cancer: a practice or phenomenon perceived to be evil or destructive and hard to contain.

So if I say Trump has a cancer would that make sense just b/c ONE of webster’s definitions could be legitimately used but is not THE definition.

And since Biden’s performance under pressure in the debates and in the press conference where no one other than right wing talk show hosts trying to get ratings by ranting said he looked or acted like he was in the grips of being demented.

And what Gowdy meant is what I saw him, on camera, as a panelist with plenty of time to explain himself, Actually SAY. He meant what he said. No apologies; no clarification.

I saw it; apparently you didn’t. Why would you try to explain what he meant? Heritage 85 lifetime.

Gowdy has a swell voting record while he was in Congress. Assuming that Gowdy thinks the demented Big Guy is an “effective messenger” for the Democrats I think that Trey has a lousy taste in what constitutes an “effective messenger.”

Marsha’s score for 2020 was 40% and lifetime is 60%, Freedom Index. She is No conservative. Big money and less freedom is her motto.

Eddie White says:

The majority of Tennesseans including a majority of conservatives in Tennessee are quite happy with the voting record of Sen Blackburn. She has a strong conservative voting record. She will not satisfy either the left or extreme right, but neither of those political groups are responsible for electing our representatives in this state.

Dr Byron Bush says:

Marle, the comparison with smokers and nonsmokers isn’t valid, if it were I might agree with you… and for unvaccinated to congregate along themselves, using your logic would only increase the mutations, potentially making it more virulent to the vaccinated. Vaccinate or not is your choice… my choce. Humanity has survived because of the right to choose. If your wrong… you lose… if right… you win. But we all lose when forced against our free will by those who have shown themselves to be “guessing” when they have an agenda. Choose wisely and allow me to do the same… otherwise… ??? Either way I pray for your health.

And one non-medical advantage of separating the seating of vaccinated from non is that it would be so much more pleasant for you to be seated next to Karen for a 5 hr flight than next to someone like me. You could swap stories about the outrage of government stealing your freedoms and the conspiracy theories about the virus and the vaccine and the eventual bad outcomes all of us who took the vaccine are bound to discover (something you guys already know).

Since viruses are too small to be stopped by masks, then in a 5 hour flight, everyone on board will have breathed the same air thousands of times.

Well the airlines deny that but then there should be no problem from the non-vax folks if the airlines were to adopt that policy. Probably smokers made that same ‘air circulation’ claim when we had non-smoking sections.

Taxpayer #314 says:

Conservatives just don’t get it, they don’t want to do what is necessary and they don’t want to be responsible for their personal choices either.

The virus will mutate no matter what b/c of the unvaccinated. Having them sit together on airplanes is not going to make that situation worse.

Humanity has in fact survived b/c of the right to chose WHEN if they are wrong they lose. BUT we have inserted Government into the equation. When you over eat to obesity the Government steps in with Disability handouts, with Medicaid “free” medical care, and a host of programs that make sure You DON’T lose. That is the flaw in your statement. We make increasingly bad choices for the last several decades since the nanny state.

Dr Byron Bush says:

Government appears to be your savior. They better be right. I chose a different Saviour. Obesity in you won’t kill me (or vice versa). You credit the government programs and then fault bad choices “since the nanny state”. They are one and the same. Your arguments may make since to you… but not to me… and again… that is your choice. Choose WISELY.
    BLESSINGS

I am to the right of Atilla the Hun. Or at least that’s what I have been accused of as I profess my strong conservative to the laissez faire side. I want as little government as possible. I want Personal responsibility so that everyone depends on the government for NOTHING.

But we don’t have that because people in this country for the most part don’t have the means nor the mental toughness. So when I see people not wanting to take a simple preventive measure that stops the government from having to dole out Millions of dollars per person for 6 weeks on a ventilator when a simple vaccine would stop that government expenditure I am upset as I pay many many multiples of Fed income tax that 95% of others Do Not Pay. It’s my money being spent because of someone’s so-called Freedom.

Freedom is expensive and I can clearly see that most people don’t pay hardly anything for that freedom. They haven’t exercised the Personal Responsibility to get a great education, make personal choices etc that put them in the top Tax Payer bracket. So the Want Freedom that I pay for. Swell!!!

In case you have missed my other comments here I have voted Republican up and down the ballot for all my life which now means for over 50 years.

I have been a conservative guest on multiple state conservative talk radio stations advocating for conservative issues incl debt reduction, fiscal discipline, personal responsibility, HONEST selling of conservative policies, consistent application of those policies, an end to Cronyism in the TAX CODE, and on and on.

How bout you????????

Eddie White says:

Also, Marle has some really good real estate in the Everglades she would like to sell you!

Marjorie Taylor Greene Republican from Georgia, speaking from the House floor on Wednesday afternoon said, “Perhaps more troubling than the ruling class telling Americans they must receive a vaccine in order to participate in normal life is the prospect of government colluding with monopolistic corporations to accrue private health data from American citizens and restrict their lives accordingly.”

Benito Mussolini put it like this, “Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power.” The Washington Post intending to serve as the government’s representative reports that, “the White House is moving to soothe privacy and equity concerns about the development and deployment of so-called Vaccine passports that would enable the bearer to prove they’ve been inoculated against the Coronavirus.”

a video interview with Edward Snowden from his hideout in Russia. Mr. Snowden talked about how easy it would be for hackers both government and private to hack into cell phones and gather information or plant information.

. Remember what Orwell told us about politics back in 1948, Politics is simple. The acquisition and retention of power. How can I acquire more power and how can I retain the power I have? For the politician to gain more power two conditions are needed. The people over whom we exercise power must be divided. The second condition is that the people must fear some outside threat. If these two conditions exist, people will give their leaders latitude in how they are governed and controlled.

Cryan says:

Matt Gaetz

Eddie White says:

I personally believe that everyone who is able should be vaccinated. That comes from my doctor and other medical professionals that I trust. For those who oppose vaccinations, I would say elections matter. When Biden was elected in November along with a Democratic Congress, a majority of Americans decided this was the direction we were going.

Indeed! Now the goal for conservatives is to inform the low information voters of the direction in which we are going to make certain that this is the direction that they desire to continue to go and have candidates for federal office in 2022 and 2024 that will see to it that we change directions.

Jane says:

I think you have low information grammar. Maybe try not using the word that so much; and a couple commas would probably help. don’t worry I’m not going to try to introduce you to semicolons today.

Jane, you old schoolmarm you! Have you entirely given up on political substance. You weren’t very good at it, political substance that is, in your few attempts to treat us with posts in which you attempted to make a political point but I hope this foray into English composition grading doesn’t signal you’re throwing in the towel altogether.

Perhaps Jane you and a few of your fellow old schoolmarms can start a blog about rules of English grammar and punctuation. A fascinating topic indeed! This however is a blog “. . .on Tennessee government & politics” that does, I’m afraid require some knowledge about. . .well, Tennessee government and politics, but don’t let that stop you Jane. Just rear back and give us your opinion about that subject, and I promise, no matter how much you demonstrate an embarrassing lack of knowledge about either I promise to be more patient with you than you were with me about my commas and repetitive “that”.

Cryan says:

#PIZZAGAETZ

Taxpayer #314 says:

Conservatives have been addressing the “Low Information Voters” in their own party for decades and have not gained much using all their persuasive skills. The policy of overcoming opponents by using lies and dirty tricks just doesn’t seem to appeal to regular citizens today. Currently, an overlarge number of Conservative republicans seem to be spending time behind bars and more are rushing into that direction very quickly. Who is left to “inform” the dwindling numbers of low information voters that are left?? Oh yeah, Matt Gaetz is still there, for the moment. He is one of the wise old conservatives that commands respect with those low information voters.

Your usual nonsense Taxpayer but I have recently noticed that in your harangues you are now using “conservative” to modify “Republican.” In other words the fact that, to a much greater extent than the Democrats, Republicans aren’t an amorphous mass of pols having more a less the same dreary opinions about almost everything has recently dawned on you. You have learned that Republicans are a rather diverse group of people and only one subset of that group happens to be “conservative.”

I’m not one to toot my own horn, but I feel somewhat responsible for your increased sophistication and knowledge about one of our two major political parties. Of course, this means that you are now concentrating your ire at “conservative Republicans” but no matter, I think the conservative movement is strong enough to survive under your withering attacks. I’m simply happy that I made such a positive contribution to your political education.

Taxpayer #314 says:

Stuart, I use the two words “Conservative” and “Republican” almost interchangeably as they both are about equally crooked and display the same dirty political tactics. YOU may see some sort of difference between the two words but, I assure you, I don’t. They are both on the wrong side of the truth and the law. Comprable to describing a dumb conservative or a deceiving republican. Of all the words that come to mind about how I might describe a conservative or a republican to someone, the word DIVERSE is not one of them. Wrong again ole buddy but you just keep right up tooting your own horn and by all means, keep up those huge (wasted) donations on those high scorers you defend.

Eddie , you could save more lives by stopping all abortions.

Eddie White says:

James, all of us who are pro-life can be thankful for Gov Lee. He has proposed legislation that makes him the most pro-life governor in our state’s history. President Trump was the most pro-life president in our nation’s history. I believe in protecting life before birth and after birth. That is why I support vaccinations. They give us the best chance to end the pandemic and restore our personal health and our nation’s health.

Jane says:

For all of you who have taken the vaccine, if you knew anything about science you would THANK those of us who will not take it until further results are known. Science 101 you need a control group to determine the results of an experiment.
    Regarding those in charge or with high profile opinions, who continually insist that it’s safe, methinks thou doth protest too much.
    Notably, the word inoculated is misused in this article. Inoculated means creating immunity, which we obviously know that this will not do.
    Inoculate: (Medicine) to introduce (the causative agent of a disease) into the body of (a person or animal), in order to induce immunity

Jonathan Swift says:

Jane, you apparently don’t know about medical trials that enable drugs to get FDA approval (emergency or full approval). Control groups of people given placebos are standard. Please stick to you grammar lessons.

OH NO JONATHAN! Then Jane will pick on me because she probably really feels strongly that she doesn’t agree with my politics and she knows what she is feeling, but man, correcting grammar and punctuation sure is easier than making a coherent political argument.

Let’s motivate Jane to aim so much higher. Jane, why don’t you watch your usual Channel 4 or 5 news then for one hour watch “Tucker Carlson Tonight” (FOX News, 7PM & 11PM) every night. A few weeks of that Jane, parlayed with your degree(s) in Education, I can see no reason why you can’t come back to this blog about “. . .”Tennessee government & Politics” and respond to what I say by addressing yourself to Tennessee government and politics.

Jane says:

Stuart, what I meant to say to you was your sentence was completely incomprehensible. As far as a political agenda, maybe try some common sense for a change.The reason we’re in the situation we are now, is because your people politicized the pandemic reaction in the first place.
          You have selectively forgotten that you campaigned the entire last year crowded in buildings and basically killing people. Have you forgotten that your president a year ago canceled five masks to every household because he thought it would scare people? How many elderly people could that have saved? And now you want to put this Band-Aid of a vaccine on it and say this is the solution? We will never eradicate the virus like this. What about kids? We will never reach herd immunity without vaccinating them and no one is even considering it yet. These new strains could be spread by them just as easily and won’t be stopped by vaccinating adults.

Jonathan I didn’t realize you were a scientist. I’d love to see your data on the control groups that are still being observed because from what I’ve read we’re vaccinating them. Also it’s charming to see you and Stuart agreeing to on something. I guess the enemy of your enemy is your friend.

Cryan says:

I didn’t realize you were a Scientologist. Did you support Marianne Williamson in the primary?

Jane says:

Again no matter what your view, you must have a political agenda. If we had moved past these divisions and recognized the real enemy, we could have fought the virus instead of fighting each other for the last year.

In order of appearance I respond as follows:

1. On 4/2 at 5:42PM Eddie stated that with the 2020 elections “. . .a majority of Americans decided this was the direction we were going.” By “direction” he was referring to vaccinations but on 6:35 PM immediately thereafter I replied by expanding “direction” to mean the direction of politics in this country in general. Certainly not my most profound call to action and perhaps a little opaque. I am of the opinion, however, if one is annoyed by the opacity of a reply one should say something like “Stuart, that’s incomprehensible, what the hell are you talking about” rather than by launching into a blue pencil correction of grammar and punctuation. A critique of a written opinion by an English composition grading reply is sort of a refuge of scoundrels kind of thing and opens you up to all kinds of unpleasant replies in return.

2. This was a “NOVEL VIRUS.” We hadn’t seen its like for about 100 years. If the Red Chinese were not totalitarians the world could have gotten information earlier and that country would have decided to confine the outbreak to Wuhan or at least to China. No country in the world covered themselves with glory once the Red Chinese spread the virus throughout the world. Every political leader from Johnson to Merkel to Macron to Trump etc. etc. is/was in political trouble because of the handling of the virus. Don’t wear a mask they do no good. Come to Chinese New Year Celebrations in New York/San Francisco in February. BLM/Antifa “demonstrations” cum riots are OK because some things are more important than the threat of a super spreader event. (BTW, those were not the statements of Republicans) I always find “coulda-woulda-shoulda” conversations such a bore. There’s enough egg on all kinds of faces worldwide to have such a conversation, however, if that’s what floats your boat.

3. By now regular readers of the Responses/Replies to this blog should know I am not a Trumpidian as evidenced by the impressive cancelled checks I have in my attempt to prevent Trump from gaining the Republican nomination. I am prepared to generate more cancelled checks on the same mission in 2024. Trump is a huckstering blowhard. His way of handling the pandemic in its early phases reflected that fact.

Jane says:

So Trump is culpable but blaming the guilty is such a bore? I’m sure a lot of war criminals would agree with you.
            Based on the number of words you use to say so little, seems it takes a blowhard to know one.

Eddie White says:

“Huckstering blowhard” sounds like it is straight out of Mitch McConnell’s playbook. If your contributions would have been successful, Hillary Clinton would have been president.

Cryan says:

What is a cum riot?

I don’t think “culpable” and “blame” captures it. There is no “blame” in the handling of a NOVEL event when time was of the essence in retrospect. You do the best you can at the time by acting reasonably based on the available information. It is only gross negligence that would give rise to discussing culpability and blame. Given the conflicting advice Trump was receiving until March 2020 he certainly wasn’t guilty of gross negligence.

A Republican administration can be expected to hedge toward NOT limiting human freedom and NOT throttling the economy unless it is proven absolutely necessary. As a conservative I approve of that approach. Leftists have an affection for command and control so they hedge in the opposite direction. So it was, so it will always be. This is a democracy so the American people get to choose which approach they want to follow. Since every approach has its shortcomings, over time many Americans flip-flop as to which they prefer.

As to being a “blowhard,” again I don’t think that quite captures it because the word carries with it the quality of being a braggard, and there is nothing that I have to, or do brag about. I think the word you are looking for is “verbose” because I know my parents tried to do something about that at the earliest age without great success. Now Trump is certainly a “blowhard.”

Eddie, how can you possibly know that. A great many people found the prospect of having a huckstering blowhard as President so off-putting that they decided to stay home or vote for Hillary. I would like to give an alternative to President Trump’s particular style a shot in 2024. If not, I assure you I will vote for a “yellow dog” in order to avoid another four years of a destructive Democratic presidency.

Taxpayer #314 says:

We, the general public… refuse to tell you any more WHO is being protected when YOU wear a mask!!
    How many pretty identical and repeating “peaks” on the chart would satisfy your need for a “control Group?” Three is apparently not enough!

Phillip Lassiter says:

I’m not a liar. Perry Aubric is a liberal thief of American principals and has stolen valor to make people believe he was in the military. Treasonous. Worse crime against the country. No surprise he hates his nation. If his dad was indeed in the marines, he is rolling in his grave from the way his son is acting. I’ve seen this many times as an investigator . Exact same MO. Very cowardly. Scared of the military but know enough about his dad to pretend. Cannot believe you live in America. Makes John Kerry look like a real war hero Repent immediately and maybe you can sever your false addiction to Stolen Valor. Don’t let a real marine catch you acting like a veteran……they take cowardice seriously