Get your 225th Tennessee birthday posters here

Gov. Bill Lee has unveiled new posters commemorating Tenenssee’s 225 years of statehood.

They are available by request from the state at https://www.tennessee225.com/posters

See details below.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Today, Tennessee Governor Bill Lee unveiled three limited-edition posters highlighting each Tennessee grand division to celebrate 225 years of statehood. Tennesseans are invited to share an untold story and request a poster at www.Tennessee225.com.

“From the Mississippi River to the Great Smoky Mountains, our grand divisions reflect their own unique character and represent the best of Tennessee,” said Gov. Lee. “I invite Tennesseans to submit untold stories that celebrate every corner of our state as we commemorate 225 years of statehood.”

The limited-edition posters, designed by famed artist Justin Helton of Knoxville, highlight the culture and beauty of each Tennessee grand division.

49 Responses to Get your 225th Tennessee birthday posters here

bob pitts says:

Want the posters please.

Jack Roddy says:

These Tennessee commemorative posters are handsome indeed! Please add my name to the list requesting a set of them.

steve cates says:

Where are the “details” for getting one?

Jane Sexton says:

Would like information on getting poster.

Phyllis Maynor says:

I would like to receive one for my small business in Chattanooga, TN.

David Collins says:

Surprised it’s not a picture of a gun.

Cryan says:

Don’t worry, everyone. Stuart I. Anderson will take your names and mail you a poster. Just send $1 to

Glen Casada Legal Defense Fund
    C/O The Minute Men
    PO Box 69
    Williamson County, TN

EUGENEIA Robertson says:

EUGENEIA ROBERTSON OF PIGEON FORGE TN. Happy birthday my Tennessee!! I would like to receive the set of the beautiful posters.Thanks

Patrick heasley says:

Been here 38 years and wouldn’t live anywhere else

Phillip Lassiter says:

Buy Jack Daniels. They are the first major company in America to give their employees a day off for Juneteenth!!! They have an all black band playing to celebrate!!! Their is justice!!!

Mike says:

I like to have one because I have lived here in The Great State of Tennessee longer than Bill Boy Lee. Born in Nashville February 7 1956.

_____________________________________________________________
    We are entering the doldrums of the summer of an odd numbered year so there is OBVIOUSLY nothing much going on here in Tennessee other than the recently released Vandy poll that shows Gov. Lee with a 65% approval rating as he cruises to re-election to another term next year which will free up conservative bucks here in Tennessee to evangelistically be sent elsewhere.

Yesterday something instructive happened in the UK that I would like to bring to the attention of my Republican friends. The Conservative Party (Tories) just managed to lose an election for a seat in Parliament that they haven’t lost since it was created in 1974. How come, you ask. Because Boris Johnson has turned out to be a nauseating income redistributionist envirofascist who seems determined to blow the 80 seat majority he was given in the last election. Lifelong Tory voters just voted Lib-Dem under the theory that “If we are going to get a left-wing government anyway, we might as well punch “our” bastards in the nose and vote for one.” Food for thought as Republicans head to the polls to vote in the Republican primaries next year.

If you do not vote for the government you want, you will not get the government you want.
      Stuart, I know you believe in Negative government, as I do. Not Positive government like the Libs do.
      But the Partys are no different. Break free. Vote for what could be, what should be.

BUT WILL NEVER BE!!!! Oh James, as Cher famously said, “If I could find a way. . .” to convince you that the U.S.A. like all countries with “First Past The Post” electoral systems is a country with TWO major parties that win virtually all of the time. So it is. So it will forever be. Our only chance at gaining power is to dominate one of those parties. The left has the Democratic Party so the Republican Party is the only one available for us to dominate. Every other political pursuit for those of us on the right is a waste of time!

The current two major parties did not exist 200 years ago. Partys come and they go.

Eddie White says:

James, your political philosophy is too far to the right to participate in either of the two parties. I think you are following your political instincts by looking for a third party that better reflects your political interest. Since you believe there is no difference in the two parties, I hope you are not so hypocritical as to vote in our Republican primary. There are many differences between the parties, but you will not acknowledge that. So find a party you are comfortable with and invest your time and money in that party. There are plenty of conservatives including myself who will continue to carry the water in the Republican Party.

Not so fast Eddie! James might not consider himself a Republican and if Tennessee had a reasonable electoral system people who did not consider themselves a member of a party and therefore didn’t register as a member of that party at least 30 days before the primary wouldn’t be able to vote in that primary. Of course, the centrist/tepid conservative leadership of the Republican Party doesn’t want such an electoral system because that would prevent leftists from voting for their centrist/tepid conservative candidates so as to defeat the conservatives running in those primaries.

As a result Eddie, we conservatives need every vote we can get in Republican primaries, even from non-Republicans! I have no doubt that if James did vote in Republican primaries he would almost certainly vote for the most conservative candidate on the ballot. If all the leftists voting in the Republican primaries in Tennessee are welcome in the Republican primary I say we should welcome Libertarian and Conservative Party members too.

SIA is correct

Eddie White says:

I guess you just made the argument for a closed primary. If a person does not consider themselves a Republican, and considers the parties no different, they should not participate in the selection of the party candidate.

Cryan says:

What the hell does this have to do with posters? You pathetic losers will never be GQP chair. Stop pretending like you matter.

Trump runs the party no matter what Stuart says.

Eddie White says:

James, I am not totally unsympathetic to your views of the Republican Party. Look at the most recent presidential election. How many Republicans abandoned President Trump. Trump was not politically correct, or a seasoned politician, or he was racist, or he did not cooperate on the world stage, or he was just too offensive. Now look around at the US. We are right back to the Obama years.

Cryan says:

⬆️ GQP Civil War ⬆️

Which we will always be whenever the American people bring the Democrats back in power. Unfortunately, when Republicans are voted back into power there are too many “Lamars” in the Republican Party for the Party to effectively role back the destruction wrought by the Democrats so for so long as the Republicans are in office they just tap/gently press the brake on the leftward move of the country. Soon the American people get tired of the Republican incoherent governing style anemically explained so the Democrats are voted back in and the leftward march resumes. Until we get an effective conservative Republican Party the decline and rot of this country will continue.

Thanks Eddie, the republican party is frustrating to say the least.
            I remember whine Marsha was my Congressman, and she would come to town a talk the talk, big conservative. Then she would go back and vote against the constitution about 50% of the time.
            Some want to tap the brakes, I want to go in reverse.

Eddie White says:

James, I am a conservative( not Libertarian),but I do not agree with your very narrow view of the Constitution. We would agree on many things, however there is no credibility in stating that the parties are of the same philosophy. They are obviously not, and you can tell that just by reading those who post on this blog. It becomes more obvious when you compare party platforms. You offer complaints, but you have no constructive solutions. Stuart does offer constructive solutions by working within the Republican Party primaries to try and elect more conservative candidates.

James, Marsha (Heritage-87%) is a mainstream conservative. If in your scoring system that gets her a 50% score then surely the Democrats are flat out 0% or pretty close thereto. If we can get the Republican Party and the average Republican officeholder to your 50%, currently they are I would assume more like 30%, then that’s not a bad days work I say. Sure beats incessant complaining and voting for candidates who not only have no chance of winning, but who don’t even get the publicity necessary for long-term free market/small government evangelism.

Cryan says:

My God, no wonder the Confederates lost the Civil War. Those inbreds were fighting more amongst themselves like these poorly educated inbred Proud Boys. You guys going to take on the establishment RINOs like Bill Lee or just fight each other?

Beatrice Shaw says:

voter suppression

See Beatrice, I warned you that leftist sloganeering eventually messes with your mind. I am sure if I said “ham & eggs” you would say “voter suppression.”

Cryan says:

Stuart, why are your Proud Boys and Oathkeepers testifying against each other and turning on Trump over Jan. 6? You guys will never beat the establishment if you keep fighting each other.

Thank God Mike Pence was booed off stage at the Faith and Freedom Conference. I was beginning to think you all surrendered the GQP Civil War.

Cryan says:

Why is Stuart being so defensive about Bill Lee out of the blue on an unrelated topic?

Is it because Mark Pody, Scott Cepicky, and Janice Bowling yesterday demanded Bill Lee abolish the Tennessee Department of Health? Why hasn’t RINO Lee responded to their request yet? What is he scared of?

I wonder why this is just now coming up before the 2022 Primaries as Glen Jacobs and Andy Ogles are speaking at County GQP meetings across the state? Where is Silent Bill Lee on this critical issue facing our state?

#Coward #GQPCivilWar

___________________________________________________________
    Just received an e-mail announcing that the Tennessee Republican Party’s premier fundraiser The Statesmen’s Dinner will be held August 31st at the Music City Center featuring keynote speaker [wait for it]. . . .a man who most epitomizes the worthlessness of today’s Republican Party, House Minority Leader Kevin “Tall Grass Dweller” McCarthy (Heritage-61%). Talk about the perfect keynote speaker for the perfect occasion perfectly suited to the sponsoring organization!

To which I reach back in American history to paraphrase that famous cry, MILLIONS FOR CONSERVATIVE CANDIDATES, NOT A PENNY FOR THE REPUBLICAN PARTY!

Taxpayer #314 says:

There is definitely a wide gap between what Ole Bill is trying to sneak past the voters and what the voters actually want and/or need. The voters will have a good chance this year to do some good IF the Republicans don’t get away with all their voter suppression and Gerrymandering wishes. The Republicans are pushing hard on Gerrymandering Tennessee, twisting it into a no win situation for Democrats. They will most likely be met with law suits but that is not new for the Republican Party. Voters will need to get out and vote this time around – the more the better. Register now if you are not registered yet.

Frankly, I don’t want to see Republicans get too cute in redistricting just to accommodate the resuscitated political ambitions of Beth Harwell unless they can do so without materially weakening the Republican lock on the Sixth and Seventh Districts. We have two large leftist ghettos and Republicans have brilliantly wedged the majority of Democrats in Tennessee into the two districts based in these ghettos which makes the other seven districts safe Republican. Job well done I say! Let’s not make two Republican districts competitive just so we can try to make one Democratic district competitive which will result in centrist/tepid Republicans having a chance to get elected in THREE districts..

Cryan says:

The amount of respect for the Tennessee General Assembly here is absurd. They don’t do anything unless a national group like ALEC writes the bill for them and tells them to pass it.

Splitting Nashville into multiple districts is a national GQP order. You really think Terri Lynch Weaver and Cameron Sexton are sitting around with a map and a highlighter drawing new districts? Hell no. The districts will be set by Washington DC-based interests, and they’ve already decided to split Nashville. Taxpayer – Stuart is correct for once: this is amazing news for moderates and Democrats long term.

Indeed, Republicans should take heed from what happened in that laboratory in Wuhan China. When you are dealing with bacteria or a virus for study, or if you have no other choice because they will always be with us, keeping it carefully isolated and confined is job one. Once you allow it to break out of the confinement that you have so carefully constructed there is no end as to the damage that may result.

Cryan says:

Despite what dumb and dumber (Stuart and Eddie) maintain, Bill Lee will be primaried by Andy Ogles.

Andy Ogles has been on Tennessee ✨ bashing Bill Lee for over a year and his rhetoric is heating up just in time for 2022. He was given an exclusive time slot to tie himself to Trump and brag about the crowdsize of the rally he attended in Ohio. Where was Bill Lee the Never Trumper? Tennessee ✨ and its followers would like to know.

Why won’t Bill Lee abolish the departments of Education, Labor and Health, as so many of our most conservative state lawmakers have demanded in recent days? Why is Bill Lee’s Big Government administration forcing vaccines on children? Why is his administration giving grants to illegals as reported by Andy Ogles in Tennessee ✨?

Because he, like Stuart and Eddie, is a RINO and a liar!

I remember: @GovBillLee is #LeeTheTyrant

James, after Gov. Lee serves his second term like all of his immediate predecessors I hope that Marvelous Mark Green (Heritage-98%) will run to succeed him. To that end I know that Mark will not waste his time and money and hurt his marketability by running a hopeless campaign in 2022 trying to defeat Lee.

I warned everyone who will listen back in 2016 the electing a No Record Candidate like Lee is a mistake and we will be stuck with him for eight years if we do. We did so we have to live with the consequences for four more years. The upside is that without a seriously contested statewide election here in 2022 Tennessee conservatives can turn their attention to things like the 3 1/2 Lamars Retirement Project in order to wrest control of the federal government out of the hands of the crazed leftists hell bent on “fundamentally changing” this country,