Early voting turnout well ahead of 2016 so far

Here is a look at turnout in early voting in Tennessee by our favorite political mapmaker Don Johnson.

Shelby County has seen one of the biggest increases compared with four years ago, while the suburban counties around Nashville have been among those with the largest percentage of their registered voters casting their ballots early.

Secretary of State Tre Hargett’s office says 249,302 more voters have cast early ballots so far than in 2016, a 52% increase.

33 Responses to Early voting turnout well ahead of 2016 so far

Beatrice Shaw says:

I see a BLUE wave of historic proportions with these numbers!! Vote Democrat!!

karen bracken says:

Vote Communism Vote Blue.

Blake says:

Karen, explain communism please and how the corporate Democratic Party is a reflection of actual communism and not your skewed version you hear pundits scream from your television set

“. . .the corporate Democratic Party. . . .” How comforting those words sound to those of us who have money in the market. If the Democrats sweep the country will be less free almost immediately and eventually poorer, but your words give me hope that I may make money even while the country goes to hell.

Blake Stewart says:

Your money and wealth won’t be bothered regardless if it’s Dems or Pubs. They are both beholden to corporate power, so no need to sweat. As far as the country going to hell, it’s not doing all that great under Republican control either. Tennessee certainly has plenty of room for criticism but at least our elected leaders have those good Christian values

“Republicans” were in control for the first two years of the Trump administration, but it was mainly the Chamber of Commerce Republicans, from whom little other than tax cuts and snipping of the more onerous regulations can be expected. What we need Blake is a Conservative Republican Party to which end I hope we can rely on your support during the 2022 Republican primaries throughout the country.

No Republican has pushed back against Trump’s deficit spending and debt accumulation. No republican exposed Trump’s tax plan, sold as benefitting the rich “not one penny”. No one stepped up to call for a Clinton crime family investigation when just 2 weeks post-election Trump decided corruption wasn’t really a big concern anyway.

Your using the term “Chamber of C republicans” as a pejorative when in fact the whole crop of them are indistinguishable one from another.

How painful it is to read that statement. As if there is no difference between my favorite for the Republican Presidential primaries Josh Hawley (Heritage-92%) and my old favorite Ted Cruz (Heritage-91%) vs. soon to be ex-Senator Susan Collins (Heritage-24%) and Lisa Murkowski (Heritage-37%). Now MARLE you know better. You’re just trying to annoy those of us who know better.

David Jenkins says:

That is just about the dumbest thing ever written on here.

Funny..I thought Cruz et al were against run away spending, increasing debt, against a tax code loaded with special interests, against Fed manipulation, against rewarding illegal immigration. But I don’t see them using the public forums to push back. At All.

Beatrice Shaw says:

More hatred. Democrats ARE not communists. Thee is some socialism…but some is needed to help educate children and provide the health care and guaranteed incomes we need. Corporations can provide the money needed for universal health care, thereby freeing up more money for people to pay the corporations with and not the health care ‘middle men’ who are grossly inefficient. This and many other examples are available on Democrat platforms around the state and country. I urge you to take time to look past the smoke screens constantly generated by right wing nuts to blind you.

Yvonne says:

Karen,

Can’t you see that we all love America and are patriots? Your expression of disdain, for people who disagree with you, is why government no longer works, and why the citizens of this wonderful country are no longer able to work together. Diversity, and the respectful expression of differing opinions, is what makes America a wonderful experiment in governance. Without this we all become less free.

Perry Aubric says:

How stupid a comment, Karen. Try to have a thought in your head that doesn’t come from Hannity or Limbaugh.

Hey Perry, didn’t you read Yvonne’s beautiful sermon before your reply? Yvonne, better repeat your sermon for Perry. Of course, if your sermon is only meant for right-wingers, never mind.

Eddie White says:

Beatrice your candidate appears to be on his way to a comfortable victory. The Democrats also have a reasonably good chance to win the senate. The country has moved to the left and Biden/Harris are going to be the beneficiaries.

What is interesting Eddie is whether Republican voters, especially conservative Republican voters, can get over their strange attraction for No Record Candidate rich narcissists who are so often disappointing and destructive to the party once they take office.

Eddie White says:

Your man Ted Cruz seems to like them.

I think it’s more a case of Cruz willing to take a chance on Anemic Record Candidate Sethi who in pursuit of the nomination was counseled by Chris Devaney to run to Hagerty’s right in view of Hagerty’s being an open notorious centrist or tepid conservative at best. Of course, I thought that was a shortsighted decision, but I don’t think Cruz as a matter of policy goes around supporting No/Anemic Record Candidates.

Indeed he does. Chris Cuomo reminded Cruz that Trump had publicly called his wife Heidi “ugly”. Cruz just chuckled. That whole interview was hard to watch and that particular exchange was mortifying.

Once Republicans made the catastrophic mistake of nominating Trump, Republican officeholders had to go along with the team if they came from a pro Trump state like Texas. I was terribly upset at the 2016 Republican Convention when Cruz failed to unify behind Trump immediately. “You gotta know when to hold ’em, know when to fold ’em, know when to walk away. . . .”

That may be good advice for a game of cards; not for an elected senate seat. Unless…..the principles he claimed to stand for were just blathered words in order for him to play a game of personal power. Selling out to deficits, debt, a manipulated Fed etc shouldn’t be a game.

Onece the voters choose a path for the party to follow, as an officeholder in that party you best not verbally try to stand in the way of moving along that path. You can, however, remain silent thereby reserving the right to complain during yours or another’s candidacy in a Republican Primary in the future. Cruz supports Trump when he can, he remains silent when he can’t. He’s playing his cards just right.

Yes, there are No profiles in courage. Expecting better is reasonable. a pox on both their houses.

Playing HIS cards. You got that right. CYA to further your own political power. Glad my vote for him didn’t pan out.

Eddie White says:

Stuart I completely agree with your unity point. I voted for Cruz in the primary, but I lost a lot of respect for him at the convention. I would note though that Cruz won a very close reelection to the senate. Trump came to his rescue in Texas to help push him across the finish line.

Taxpayer #314 says:

ALL republicans are “destructive to the party.”

SAB says:

I predict if Biden/Harris wins (I pray that doesn’t happen) in the first 100 days Biden will step down or be forced to step down. Then the radical left will begin their process of removing the 2nd Amendment, forced one payer healthcare, and if you have any money at all in a 401/403 ext it will be gone. Jobs will be slashed and companies will move out of the Country again. There will be violence in the streets like you have never seen. What we are seeing in cities now is just the beginning. If you look up the information on the Green New Deal it’s not about Climate change it’s far deeper than that. Look up the Red-Green Alliance. With a Biden/Harris win America will no longer exist as a Free Country.

Jobs will move out of the country….you mean like the jobs that left because Trump and Ivanka produced for decades nearly 100% of their branded apparel, shoes, accessories etc overseas selling out American workers year after year, decade after decade.

Trump, if had cared about America and its workers would not have been for all these years part of the problem. As for the rest of your dream sequence…..never going to happen.

Eddie White says:

SAB, I don’t know if it will happen in the first 100 days, but I have doubts if Biden will make it to the end of his first term. There is something cognitive going on. It is quite possible we will see a President Harris. Of course that makes little difference to the Trump whiners that fill this blog.

Taxpayer #314 says:

The voters in the great state of Tennessee are out in great numbers and the GOP is running scared. The GOP at every level has proven themselves to be a party that is bankrupt in ideas and seriously lacking in ethics and morals. They will reap the benefits of such neglect.

Donald Eugene says:

Actually, it looks like a red Wave. Two counties do not a whole state make.

Donna Locke says:

In late 2015, I found myself in the oracle laundromat and saw that Trump would be elected president.

A different oracle this time tells me that ahead is a total liquidation of the past.

My advice for many years now is that the only way to fight the above is by cutting off the money supply. We are the money supply. We average middle-class and working-class Americans.

For 25 years, I have said via many public and private outlets what I and many others feel impelled to say.

This is my final comment on this blog. I appreciate the opportunity.

Fair winds.