Need advice on how to keep constituents happy? Why not ask the guy who lost his primary by 15 percentage points in August? At least that’s what ex-Rep. Micah Van Huss (R-Jonesborough) appears to be pitching in a mailer sent to former colleagues this week.

“My office used Happy Constituents for years,” says the mailer featuring Van Huss’ legislative portrait and describing him as a current state lawmaker. “Through the process, we learned what works and what doesn’t.”

Happy Constituents logo.

Happy Constituents’ website lists a 2014 copyright and a phone number with a Tennessee area code used by Van Huss’ re-election campaign last summer. But no business by that name is registered with the Tennessee Secretary of State’s Office (where it would otherwise be listed between two defunct companies, Happy Clowns and Happy Cottons).

Van Huss in a disclosure filed with the Tennessee Ethics Commission last year only listed income from Marathon Strategies (along with fellow former Republican Reps. Matthew and Timothy Hill) and Airbnb.

Tim Hicks, a Gray developer, defeated Van Huss in the August primary, 58% to 42%.

13 Responses to Defeated lawmaker appears to pitch former colleagues on constituent service site

So nice that Erik is keeping us informed of the post-House General Assembly career of Micah (ACU-90%). For me, however, it only brings back memories of last August when the voters of the Sixth District were foolish enough to deprive all of us of Micah’s service in the House. Of course, whenever we lose a conservative stalwart like Micah it fills me with sadness.

Best of luck Micah Van Huss! I fear we shall not find a reasonable facsimile of him for a long, long time.

Cryan says:

Grifters gonna grift.

How long until this garbage gets hacked? I’m sure the FBI already knows which unsophisticated legislators are involved with this company.

Ken says:

As for your closing comment, Stuart, I pray you’re right!

• Pingback: What Legislators Do, When Not Legislating – BrianHornback.com

Cannoneer2 says:

Another reason to get rid of the Ethics Schmethics Commission? If they are just going to sit around and soak up money, get rid of them!

Cryan says:

The Republican Party doesn’t like you, Stuart. They don’t give a damn what you say on this blog. The ones that notice you and don’t scroll past just pity you.

They want your money though, so they roll their eyes and let you think you’re a king maker.

You’re a spoiled brat who ended up a failure by your parents’ standards. Nobody likes you. Not Trump supporters. Not regular Republicans. Not Libertarians. Not Democrats.

Did you get bullied by a person of another race? Is that why you, a carpetbagging yankee, constantly bring up race? Is that why you defend Hitler and the Confederacy? Is it for show or are you truly a deplorable “Trumpidian” after all?

Taxpayer #314 says:

Vann Huss is just another one of those slippery republicans that had a high heritage score and has been thrown out and disgraced. Stuart is doing research right now to discover exactly how many former elected TN republicans are currently in jail or under investigation at the moment. I am expecting his report any day now. He is the self declared on line heritage score keeper.

You are confused yet again Taxpayer, it is you who are obsessed about corruption – Republican type, not I. The topic interests me very little. It’s your obsession, you do the research. I pay taxes for law enforcement to discover and prosecute corruption no matter where it is practiced, I wish it the best in handling the matter.

To repeat, I have two political interests viz. (1) to make the Republican Party as conservative as possible, and (2) to deprive liberals/leftists of elective office. Anytime you want to chat about my interests Taxpayer just let me know. And oh btw, for state legislators it’s the American Conservative Union (“ACU”), for federal legislators its The Heritage Action (“Heritage”).

Cryan says:

LIAR!!!!

YOU DON’T SUPPORT LAW ENFORCEMENT.

YOU FINANCIALLY SUPPORT REPUBLICAN COP MURDERERS.

Phillip Lassiter says:

Cryan is a bankrupt drunkard

Cryan says:

I don’t drink, fool. Why is it anyone who disagrees with you must be drunk? Projecting?

JourneyPure is a drug and alcohol rehab in Clarksville , Tennessee that offers you a comprehensive treatment program that helps you overcome addiction.

(931) 272-2261

You’re an idiot, but I still want you to get help, Phillip Lassiter. It’s not too late.

“lost his primary by 15 percentage points in August” I suspect his constituents did not like him voting For an Article V Constitution convention. They must like the US Constitution the way it is and would rather the Federal and State governments Follow and Obey the constitution and not potentially destroy it.