Could a final decision on Forrest bust removal be near?

A sketch of Nathan Bedford Forrest used for a mural in the lobby of the John Sevier State Office Building in Nashville on Jan. 25,1941. (Image Credit: Tennessee State Library and Archives)

The yearslong fight over removing a bust of Nathan Bedford Forrest could soon be coming to an end. The State Building Commission is scheduled to take up the matter on Thursday. If past voting patterns by the panel’s members hold, the monument could soon be headed for the Tennessee State Museum.

The Tennessee Lookout‘s Sam Stockard has taken a look at how it could play out:

The State Capitol Commission is set to request Thursday that the State Building Commission concur with its decision to relocate three busts, including one of Confederate Lt. Gen. Forrest, to the State Museum, moving them out of the State Capitol after years of upheaval.

To some degree, the decision pits Gov. Bill Lee against Lt. Gov. Randy McNally and House Speaker Cameron Sexton, who are likely to be outnumbered if they vote against the relocation. But it also could clear up a year-old legal question on the matter.

One State Building Commission member who hasn’t participated in the process, Comptroller Jason Mumpower, indicated he is likely to vote for relocation. Three other members of the Building Commission have voted already to move the busts as members of other commissions.

“Based on a motion authored by my predecessor, Comptroller Emeritus Justin P. Wilson, the State Capitol Commission and Tennessee Historical Commission have previously agreed that the historical significance of these busts can be better reflected through display at the State Museum,” Mumpower said in a statement.

Lee, who last year sought removal of the Forrest bust from the State Capitol, has scheduled a press conference for Thursday morning, shortly before the State Building Commission is to meet. Its topic has not been revealed.

Read the rest here.

106 Responses to Could a final decision on Forrest bust removal be near?

The grievance industry member(s) express a grievance, Republicans look at each other nervously and analyze whether this can possibly effect the bottom line for members of the Chamber, decide that it cannot hence conclude this is not a hill to die on, capitulate and head back to the tall grass. When will Republicans learn when it comes to the demands of the grievance industry in the words of Mark Steyn, “Unless you want to surrender everything, surrender nothing!” It’s a sad day when the bust of a man who risked life and limb leading the fight for the freedom of this state, instead of being honored appropriately in the Capitol, is shunted off to a museum to be viewed as some period piece.

I guess that philosophy would keep blacks riding in the back of the bus. Surrender NOTHING. Such a winning strategy, Stuart.

Cryan says:

Please take Covid seriously. I can’t say it enough. Enough people have died; we don’t need any more deaths…

I believe in science. I believe in the science of vaccination.

– Sean Hannity 7/19/2021

Sounds like Fox got hit with a wrongful death suit all of sudden.

Perhaps I should have added that Mark was speaking about the grievance industry of 2021 not the Civil Rights Movement of 1961, but I thought you would have known that.

Strategies are kinda time sensitive sort of things you know.

There are issues about which blacks have a legitimate point in the 21st Century including the present. Your NOTHING strategy is as dumb now as it would have been then . NOTHING means NOTHING. Did you get this ill conceived notion while Mark was substituting for Tucker?

I don’t remember the day and time since I am such a fan of Mark Steyn I read and listen to his material online all the time but I find that quote very inspirational so I am sorry that I didn’t mark the day and time when I first heard it not thinking that anyone could possibly find that information interesting or important.

Your sad philosophy is what’s important as are realizing the extremely limited sources for your inspiration. You want to learn nothing, think about nothing beyond the confines what FOXX or marsha’s press releases have to say. No wonder you regurgitate “Give them Nothing” as if it were a brilliant concept.

But as to which echo chambers gave you this quote or when it happened is only a curiosity and not important at all. You’re right about that.

I even have the coolest Mark Steyn T-shirt! Picture this, you know the iconic painting or picture of Che Guevara’s face with the words “Viva Che” on it? Well, my shirt has the same image only it’s of Mark with the words “Viva Steyn” and Mark is wearing the same cap as Che only the cap on Mark has a Canadian maple leaf on it. If I ever meet you MARLE and we know of the meeting ahead of time, please ask me to wear it for you. . .you’ll love it!

Cryan says:

Why do you only reply to yourself instead of in-line? If you want to respond to MARLE, click the reply button at the end of MARLE’s comment, not the one at the end of yours.

And yes, this is the leftist authoritarianism you’ve been warning everyone about.

Why waste it on me? Your pet Democrat parrot Eddie would probably squawk in delight. Save it for him; he’s earned it.

Taxpayer #314 says:

Stuart seems to always have a LOT of grievances no matter what the subject is. He just doesn’t get it. Now he fights the Grievance Industry, no less. An entire Industry fighting against the so called rights that Stuart wants to advance in this state. Wow!

Cryan says:

The decision pits Gov. Bill Lee against Lt. Gov. Randy McNally and House Speaker Cameron Sexton

What else is new?

———————————-
    I see H.R.899 – To terminate the Department of Education, and I see Rep. Burchett, Tim [R-TN-2] as a CoSponsor ! Way to go Tim.
    I see S.323 – A bill to terminate the Department of Education, and I do NOT see any Tennessee Senators as CoSponsor.

Tim Burchett (Heritage-97%) is a good one! He and Rookie of the Year nominee Diana Harshbarger (98%) are demonstrating that the old saw about East Tennessee Republicans being centrist/tepid conservatives is a very yesterday tale because the entire Tennessee Republican Party is moving RIGHTWARD, RIGHTWARD, RESOLUTELY RIGHTWARD. It is Chuck Fleischmann (75%) that is an anachronism.

Speaking of legislation coming before Congress, Tom Cotton (84%) has introduced a bill (S 968) to keep CRT out of the military by prohibiting the Armed Services from teaching that any race is superior or inferior to another. The bill was introduced in the Senate Armed Services committee and the Committee will vote to add it to the Defense Authorization Act. Our sainted Senator Marsha (87%) is on that Committee. One of the great things about having conservative Republican Senators represent Tennessee is that we needn’t worry how Marsha & Co. will vote on legislation like that but it wouldn’t hurt to give her office a quick call asking her to support S 968 if you’re so moved.

Yep we need to keep CRT out of everything.
        NAACP VP Calls for Deaths of CRT Opponents, Resigns From Two PTA Groups but Keeps NAACP Position

Cryan says:

What about the Tennessee Departments of Education, Environment, and Health? Shouldn’t Bill Lee abolish those, or is he going to leave a gaping hole for Andy Ogles, Kane, etc. to penetrate in the 2022 primary?

Stuart, this is a state politics blog. Let’s focus on the liberal RINO destroying Tennesseans now, and not some pipe dream Heritage crap.

Taxpayer #314 says:

Heritage Crap is a good statement for which it stands.

I know Taxpayer, the Heritage Action Scorecard, as well as the Club For Growth’s, is so darn inconvenient to those who want to create a fantasy world in order to explain the inexplicable and/or to describe what doesn’t exist. You know, like good ole Lamar (Heritage-50%) running for re-election proclaiming that Tennesseans should vote for him because he is a “down home Tennessee conservative.” Among my numerous political goals is to hang those Heritage/ACU scores around the necks of these politicians with the same frequency as their “R” or “D.” Let them know their constituents back home are WATCHING what they are doing AND KEEPING SCORE!

Cryan says:

What does it matter when they keep changing the scorecard to appease NYC Democrat Donald Trump? How did Chip Roy do against StefaniKKK again?

Taxpayer #314 says:

The Heritage Magical Scoreboard IS the fantasy world Stuart. I am not trying to explain anything but the Heritage Group and you are counting on lots of people being taken in for a ride on the conservative roller coaster.

heritage scores are not Inconvenient; they are inaccurate in measuring who is a conservative.

Cryan says:

I believe in science. I believe in the science of vaccination.

– Sean Hannity 7/19/2021

Sounds like Fox got hit with a wrongful death suit all of sudden.

And Lindsey Graham said “enough is enough” right after the Jan 6 Capitol assault. That sentiment lasted all of 2 weeks. If the winds of ratings shift he’ll change with it.

Cryan says:

It lasted all of 30 seconds last night as Hannity then turned to an extended segment about a woman who got a sore arm after getting the shot.

Murdoch’s lawyers made him make that statement for legal cover, just like they got Tucker’s recent slander suit dropped with this argument:

The “‘general tenor’ of the show should then inform a viewer that [Carlson] is not ‘stating actual facts’ about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in ‘exaggeration’ and ‘non-literal commentary.’ ”

Well that section in quotes is indeed what he is doing. Those who aren’t seeking facts but want the confirmation that can only come in an echo chamber delude themselves into thinking they are informed and then try to fool others. Now working.

Republican ideology is preferable to democrat ideology imo but the way to advance that is not with a pack of lies and an intractable adherence to worn out practices better suited to the turn of the 20th rather than 21st century.

Lindsay Graham – Heritage-61%, i.e. a miserable just barely conservative Republican. BINGO! EXACTLY RIGHT. Thank-you Heritage Action.

Was it a score that told us he was a Trump toady; or was it a score that told us he had had enough; or was it a score that told us he’d change his mind and get back on the same page as marsha, haggerty, and green?

What exactly did that score tell us???

Cryan says:

Ilhan Omar’s Lifetime Club for Growth score is 10% higher than the House GQP Chairman. Does that tell you anything?

To those of us who are conservatives rather than maddeningly Trumpcentric it told us that when key votes are taken on legislation concerning small government, free markets, and individual liberty Lindsay Graham was/is not to be relied on to vote correctly. It was not intended to nor does it say anything about whether he is likeable, kind to his mamma, brushes after every meal, or his attitude toward or relationship with TRUMP!

Your favorites among the TN contingency are ALL Trump centric. Not one peep of disagreement with any of the things he said or the moves he made or the whipsaw governance around trade and tariffs and taxation. Who are you kidding (or trying to kid cause it’s NOT WORKING)

Taxpayer #314 says:

Nor does it tell anyone if he is honest, moral, ethical, educated, trustworthy or can he even read and write. Doesn’t the idea of “voting correctly” change with each person?

Nor should there be MARLE. The goal for Republicans is to win elections against Democrats, not to win debates among themselves. Whether or not you approve, Trumpidians comprise a majority of the Republican electorate. Republicans are favored to take control of the House and perhaps the Senate. It would be sheer madness for any serious Republican officeholder to embark on a negative analysis of anything Trump and divide the party.

MARLE, I wouldn’t take the fact that the leftists on this forum cheer you on as a sign of anything positive. Given the moribund state of the Democratic Party in Tennessee they have nothing better to do than to do and say what they can to aid and abet the divisions among Republicans or to gin up a Tenn. gubernatorial contest in 2022 to waste Republican resources where there will/should be none. When leftists say “AMEN” after you speak, you better ask to revise and extend your remarks – I rarely have make that request.

33 newly reported COVID-19 deaths on Jun 20, 2021 USA. lowest in about 18 months or since it started.

All statistics are being given in percentages….cases/hospitalizations/deaths. So if 3 people died last week and now it’s 6 in a country of 300M that’s a 100% increase. Why is every media outlet from MSM to the WH to business networks choosing to state only in percentages? To make things sound as bad as possible.

This Indian variant is contagious as hell and sweeping around the globe. It’s in Europe, soon it will be here. We’re in for another spike in infections and those of us at risk of serious illness will have to hunker down again I’m afraid. Let’s just not allow the leftist control freaks to lock this country down again destroying what’s left of our economy nor embarrass ourselves by making those almost worthless cloth and paper masks the object of religious veneration.

Cryan says:

Tucker and Bill Lee playing fast and loose with Anti-Vaxxers are the ones to blame if that happens. Your “blame the liberals” political spin won’t play too well when it’s kids under 12 dying because their parents were brainwashed by MAGA. I know that won’t stop you from trying though, soldier.

The leftist control freaks could have no effect if the virus was under control. But it isn’t since the Freedom loving morons as well as Biden’s core constituents are costing the economy and taxpayers as they spread a more contagious variant. A 4-week stay in ICU on ventilator racks up a $3 M bill which gets shifted to taxpayers in the age of covid for the under or unensured.

Taxpayer #314 says:

In any uptick of the virus, the first thing to rise is the # of CASES, then after some time the # of HOSPITALIZATIONS will rise, then finally, the # of DEATHS will rise. Those numbers never rise at the same time, it is a cycle. The most relevant part of the new numbers is that upwards of 90% of current HOSPITALIZATIONS are from people who are UNVACCINATED. As the CDC has been saying, it is fast becoming the “Pandemic of the Unvaccinated.”

No…they won’t rise in the same proportions b/c the vaccine doesn’t stop cases in the way it stops disease serious enough to warrant hospital admission or subsequent death. So deaths will not rise anywhere close to the same ratios of new cases.

In Britain, almost 50% of those who contracted the virus of late had been vaccinated

Cannoneer2 says:

Leave Forrest’s bust exactly where it is. Don’t cancel or ignore history.

Cryan says:

I guess you have a point. Tennessee’s proudest history is the smug bitterness it maintains from losing a treasonous coup attempt 160 years ago.

And we can do that Cannoneer by teaching history in a more accurate and serious manner which we are obviously not doing as evidenced by the ignorant, hyper-emotional, ahistoric posts we see on this very forum.

Cryan says:

The losers of the Civil War have been teaching revisionist history in its schools for centuries. I wouldn’t take my cues from Stuart I Anderson, a proud boy Holocaust denier and Hitler apologist.

Earlier I referenced Ilhan Omar’s relatively high lifetime Club for Growth score. I’m beginning to wonder if anti-Semitism is a plus in those rankings?

And all of this from a person who like his heroes marsha and green and haggerty wants to Make America Great Again but will never answer my question about exactly WHEN, in time. t USED to be Great.

How can you want to make something Great AGAIN if you can’t or won’t tell me when that was?

Anybody want to clarify that? Taxpayer, Little Parrot (after Stuart speaks of course) Stuart?

Like Reagan said “There you go again”. Your whole minion of Trump empty heads have been screaming this slogan for 5 straight years and NO ONE has ever asked when “AGAIN” was.

How do I know whether I want to go back to a time (AGAIN) when I am not sure what was going on in America then (AGAIN).

What kind of vapid moron financially supports adherents to a PHILOSOPHY of governance (not a campaign slogan which would have begun and ended With A Campaign) without knowing what the recipients of his largess mean.

You can’t increase adherents when you purposely keep them in the dark. I isn’t WORKING

Eddie White says:

More TDS

Oh, Little Parrot. Good boy…right on cue. Too bad the circus is a thing of the past. Or maybe if we went back to when America was great you’d have a job in some side show.

Not me MARLE. I’ve never considered micro-analyzing campaign slogans time well spent especially from the campaign of a person that I spent just under $20,000 to defeat. I wish we had a bona-fide Trumpidian on this forum who can answer your highly analytic questions about all things Trump.

Cannoneer2 says:

The winners have been teaching that the Union fought to free the slaves… that’s mighty revisionist too.

I was a history and political science major in college 50 years ago and I assure you there were Many facts in history I did not learn about.

And Forrest’s bust was put in the Capitol in 1997. He died in 1877. For 120 years no one Forgot History even thought there was no statue. You don’t need a statue in the Capitol to remember history

Eddie White says:

For those interested in Tennessee history, the bust of Forrest was placed in the Tennessee capital in 1978, not 1997. The late great Sen Douglas Henry was one of the key leaders. He was a southern gentleman and conservative Democrat.

And whether it is 120 Years or 101 years…….does that change the point that we remembered over a Century of history Without A Statue? You don’t Need a statue or a bust or a monument for the purpose of Remembering History.

Wait for Stuart before you attempt a response.

Then the statue should have been placed there in 1878 rather than 1978. Forrest deserves to be honored for his gallant service to this state notwithstanding the fact that it took 100 for us to realize it.

The double standard in this and so many other things is strikingly. We have a national holiday honoring Martin Luther King that most everyone ignores, but is on the books nevertheless NOTWITHSTANDING the fact he was a womnanizer who made a mockery of his marriage and consorted with assorted anti-American far leftists in the latter part of his life. We should similarly honor Forrest, NOTWITHSTANDING his unsavory association with the KKK which he eventually repudiated.

Yes, and when he came to town to march for peace, it always ended in violence. Until his Commie associations were well known.

The point made by Taxpayer (to which I responded with my comment) was statues are needed to remember.

No…we remembered Without a statue for 101 years. And the statue can be in a museum. They have a holocaust museum in Berlin. Just not a statue of any of those who committed or facilitated crimes against humanity…which slavery certainly IS and WAS.

A statue is intended to honor as well as remember which we certainly should do for anyone who gallantly risked his life to lead this state in the direction its citizens wanted to go time after time over a number of years. It is that service we are honoring not the political choices the people of Tennessee made at the time. In order to honor the statue belongs in the Capitol, to remember just put it in a museum

Taxpayer #314 says:

And then you would want to have a statue of the madman trumpster on display NOTWITHSTANDING his glorious 4-year crowning ceremony and the 2 year whining that has followed. One hand would be holding up a Bible and the other would be grabbing a p***** with a huge S*** eating grin on his face.

Cryan says:

And that Trump statue would be comically muscular and flattering because the cultists can’t see the disgusting, fat pig he is. Makes you wonder how ugly some of these statued individuals from yesteryear were in real life.

Cannoneer2 says:

No overthrow of the US government was ever attempted by the Confederacy. They just wanted to leave the Union. No treason was committed either.

OF COURSE CANNONEER! You’re obviously an educated man with a firm grasp of history. Not as much fun as being an outspokenly ignorant, profane vulgarian perhaps but you Cannoneer are someone whose offerings on this forum should be welcome, read, and respected rather than strictly ignored.

Kind of wish he’d use his first name so that you could tell us about the imaginary child you might have named after him…still recruiting birds, I see.

Cryan says:

No treason was committed?

The hole in Abraham Lincoln’s skull might beg to differ.

Cannoneer2 says:

I’m not for removing any statue, as a general rule. If we are going to focus on people that are currently considered “bad”, I don’t see how we sidestep including Andrew Jackson.

Eddie White says:

How about Washington, Jefferson, and most of the signers of the Declaration of Independence who owned slaves and supported slavery. The libs and pretend conservatives that hate busts and statues started with Lee and other confederate generals. But as Trump said multiple times, they will be coming after George Washington next. How true.

Cryan says:

The libs and pretend conservatives that hate busts and statues started with Lee

That’s right. It started with lib statue hater Bill Lee. Even Haslam kept the bust there. Talk about a RINO… but you know that don’t you Eddie RINO?

Here’s the difference Little Parrot……Washington was our General who fought the British to form a denocracy rather than live under a monarchy and who served as President. THOSE things are the things for which he is honored with a statue.

Jefferson Wrote the Declaration of Independence, founded the first public University, and served as President. Those are the things for which he is honored with a statue

Forrest is known for leading a Secession based on a State’s rights to continue to Enslave Black Humans. That’s why there shouldn’t be a Statue to Honor him at the State Capitol

Cryan says:

It’s not just that, MARLE. There are other confederate monuments around the capitol grounds and elsewhere in Tennessee that don’t receive the same level of criticism. Nathan Bedford Forrest was a terrorist. He ordered the massacre at Fort Pillow. He founded the KKK. The fact that Cannon2, James, Eddie, and RINO Stuart Anderson are so defensive of Nathan Bedford Forrest should tell you everything you need to know about them.

And they claim to be students of history… How can they say the South wasn’t treasonous when 1000s of Confederates accepted pardons for TREASON from Lincoln and Johnson? Accepting a presidential pardon is a legal admission of guilt.

Idiots.

Cryan says:

Jefferson Davis posted $100,000 bail after being locked up for TREASON. But yeah, we have the history wrong…

On June 8, 1861 by a significant majority Tennessee voters voted to secede from the United States and join the Confederacy in a referendum held on that day. The vote was in reaction to Lincoln’s mobilizing armed forces to suppress the rights of the states to peacefully leave a union in which its citizens felt its interests were no longer being served. General Forrest acted valiantly to protect the people of Tennessee from invasion by federal troops. His statue should not be located in the Capitol in Washington, of course, but it should most certainly be found in the Capitol here in Nashville. (BTW here in Middle Tennessee 88% pf the voters voted in favor secession after it was obvious that Lincoln was about to suppress the Southern states’ desire to be free.)

Cryan says:

Stuart, you’re only pretending to care about Forrest to fit in, you Yankee transplant. You support Beth Harwell and Bill Lee and then trash Trump. You’ve slipped up too much and revealed your RINO identify.

Cryan says:

If you feel that strongly about keeping the statue, Stu, then why are you still supporting Bill Lee? He and he alone is responsible for its removal.

Or is this sort of behavior just expected from a RINO who vaccinated children without parental consent and defied Donald Trump’s refugee order and killed small businesses with excessive lockdowns and mandates?

Because you’re forgetting Stuart’s golden rule for politicians: Do or Say anything that will get you re-elected. Apparently Lee thinks this move is an overall winner. And regardless of Stuart’s stated beliefs he will tolerate politician doing Anything in service of getting re-elected.

Now…where is that Parrot when you need him “Re-Elected; Re-Elected; Squawk, squawk, squawk”

Actually Stuart’s rule is more nuanced than that MARLE. First separate the essential from the peripheral then be firm and clear in upholding the former, while being as sanctimonious or quiet as politically necessary regarding the latter.

I asked Tennesseeans not to elect Lee as Governor because he was a purely No Record Candidate at a time when we had other proven tepid conservative candidates from which to choose. Having elected Lee we now have a Governor without the experience or wisdom to separate the essential from the peripheral. Lee’s instincts are conservative but he suffers from a maddening obsession to be a “GOOD GUY.” So when members of the grievance industry roar about Bedford Forrest, to Lee that’s a peripheral matter in regard to which he will take the short-term course of least resistance when in fact its essential. Lee doesn’t have the perspective to know that this is just “another brick in the wall” the grievance industry is destroying, consciously or not, serving the Cultural Marxists who are trying to destroy our civilizational self-confidence and love for country. Hence Mark Steyn’s “Unless you want to surrender everything surrender nothing.” The grievance industry will never stop grieving until someone, somewhere tells them to go pound sand.

I have previously explained the rationale for having Forrest’s statue in the Capitol. Lee should have said what I said and he would not have lost a single vote while gaining stature among his base as the guy who stood up to the grievance industry. Instead he missed that opportunity and continues to be regarded as pretty much a cipher from the comfortable majority that intend to unenthusiastically vote for him while he continues to be disliked by those who don’t.

Taxpayer #314 says:

Stuart, you have a bad habit of voting intentionally for a person that you KNOW and UNDERSTAND to be not fit or qualified for the job just because you believe they are “a little better” than the opposition. You voted for Lee and you voted for Trump and you got the exact thing that you feared, both times. And you have been complaining about it for years now & trying desperately to explain your decisions to anyone who will listen. Doing that once might be chalked up as a mistake but doing it over and over and expecting something good to come out of your vote is just dumb nonsense. Find a winner and get over this stuck-to-the-devil theory of yours. SIA Philosophy just can not be explained.

Taxpayer, you are Right. A vote for the lesser of two evils is still a vote for evil. So don’t be surprised or complain when evil does what it is.

I voted for Diane Bllack, the proven most conservative candidate in the 2018 Republican Primary, the election that counted and was important, but you certainly give me something to think about Taxpayer. Shouldn’t I have voted for whomever the Democrat was in the general election order to make Tennessee more like. . .like. . .CALIFORNIA, NEW YORK, ILLINOIS, NEW JERSEY or other dystopia from which people are fleeing and coming to. . .TENNESSEE?

Anytime you want to take off your warm-up jacket and join the game so you can do some good, we have a place waiting for you James.

Cryan says:

You might want to wait, James, unless you like the company of lying RINOs.

If we had a reasonable electoral system with runoffs like just about every other southern state I would vote for Beth Harwell because of her experience, intelligence, and style.

– Stuart I. Anderson, 2018 Source!

Cryan says:

Stuart, where is Phil Valentine? I haven’t heard him on the radio in weeks. I thoroughly enjoyed hearing his smug anti-vaxx rants and Covid denialism.

Phil Valentine Declining Rapidly at Williamson County Medical Center

Thoughts and prayers 😊

I assume he has insurance sufficient to meet the bill but think of all the like minded who don’t and are costing taxpayers plenty. Oh well, that’s the price of Freedom for you…..but when the costs get shoved onto others that’s Not freedom for them.

And why for pete’s sake are these folks getting Regeneron’s IV (as in the former swain campaign manager) or get admitted to the hospital when Ivermectin and/or HCQ would prevent or knock this out immediately. At least that’s what donna or karen or the others Stuart likes to give atta-boys to have brilliantly advised us.

Cryan says:

Don’t forget the colloidal silver and elderberry extract

We can hope Swain doesn’t run for congress.

I don’t know why not…she’s Stuarts perfect candidate minus a record. But that criteria can be set aside for those who want to make America Great Again (whenever that was. WHEN exactly was that?).

Cryan says:

Carole Swain got 22% of the vote in the Nashville mayors race. The fact that Beth Harwell thinks she even has a chance in a new gerrymandered district says a lot about her political acumen. You have to win the GQP primary first, Beth.

No wonder the greatest political strategist of all time, Stuart I. Anderson, endorsed Harwell.

Taxpayer #314 says:

I am not stating the US was GREAT then but I will say that the US was a LOT better off before we ever heard of Trump and certainly before he took his infamous escalator ride.

I appreciate your input but I don’t think Trump meant it that way nor any of the other acolytes Stuart endorses and funds. For those who support MAGA and proudly strut the hat…..WHAT is the timeframe we need to go back to AGAIN?

Biden’s slogan Build back Better….if you ask supporters “BETTER than WHAT” I am sure they have an answer they’d be willing to state. MAGA supporters have NEVER done so…… WHY?

Carrie says:

He was NEVER anti-vaxx. He continuously said if someone wants to get it, good for them. If not, good for them. He was NEUTRAL. BTW He was on the radio last week. He has only missed this week due to hospitalization. He is very sick with COVID and has changed his mind about getting the vaccine, but he was NEVER denying covid or the vaccine benefits. At least speak truth when you spew your hate.

Be reasonable Carrie. Would you ask your beloved dog or cat to sing Rigoletto’s role in Verdi’s opera? We all have our limitations.

Telling his audience that His research and thinking on this subject was that the “healthy” were at very low risk without ever mentioning the that the “healthy” ARE at risk from an over-reactive immune response that could lead to serious illness and/or death was a remarkable omission.

Phillip Lassiter says:

Beth Harwell is a true RINO. I agree with Stuart in many areas but not his support of Harwell-or Billy Lee for that matter. Most of you have it wrong about Forrest, but keep whistling past the graveyard.

My Lord Phillip STOP!!!!! Take a deep breath because I have some really bad news to tell you. We have a profane leftist vulgarian on this forum who uses his freedom of speech to publish childish nonsense over and over and over again. Now Phillip there is nothing whatsoever wrong with reading his drivel but the danger is when by repetition you start to incorporate his nonsense as fact.

For months before the Republican Primary I was asking everyone to vote for Diane Black (Heritage-77%) for governor as the most proven conservative with a reasonable chance of winning. Beth Harwell never had a ghost of chance of winning so a conservative vote for her or Lee only increased the danger of centrist Randy! Boyd of winning. Of course, I voted for Diane Black. Please Phillip, I know that Erik has apparently prevailed on the vulgarian to stop spewing his profanity, but the majority of what he says is after all still childish nonsense as you so well know so please be careful if you simply must read his posts.

Cryan says:

A snowflake triggered by their own words. It’s your verbosity that got you in to this mess.

I’ll let this one speak for itself. You do know people can click these links and see your own words for themselves?

Good news indeed!!! Now that Mae has dropped out nothing would please me more than if [Beth Harwell] was the instrument to defeat Randy! Boyd.

– Stuart I. Anderson, 2018

Source

BTW Phillip, since she may be a congressional candidate if redistricting goes her way, though I voted for Diane Black, Beth Harwell is not by any stretch of the imagination a RINO. Not with an American Conservative Union rating of her time in the legislature of 86+%.

Taxpayer #314 says:

I find it very interesting that conservatives and republicans just can’t wait to get to the Gerrymandering and redistricting to usher in all the crooks they support. They all know it is coming and they already know they (C&R) will benefit but they will be fighting amongst themselves to see which of their favorites get the biggest shady boost. They all talk like they deserve this unethical boost and Stuart will tell us more fantasy tales of how it is the Democrats that abused the election process last time around. Meanwhile, in the real world, just about every day, some republican or conservative official is arrested or indicted for more political crimes. Three more top Republicans associated with the trump campaign were indicted yesterday for working for a foreign government (UAE) and getting paid millions or perhaps billions of dollars to influence US (trump) positions. Even with a last minute flurry of Pardons for his staff, there are so many former trump officials in jail or have charges pending. During Trump’s reign-of-terror, no less than Five former Cabinet officials were brought up on corruption charges to the US Justice Dept. but Trump’s enabler-in-chief, Bill Barr, let all of them go free without any investigations. Criminals, misfits, loosers and wanna-be’s were sniffing all around CPAC in Texas recently, everyone looking for more from trump’s ill-gotten campaign money-pot-stash. The corruption never stops for these folks. They continue to find ways to profit from their political positions. Everyone concerned needs to get out and register to vote in this next election. The Republican Party is doing everything it can do to stop you from overthrowing the criminal family they have become. Let’s give a loud NO to “The Party of NO.”