Conservative radio talk show host Valentine hospitalized with COVID-19

Conservative radio talk show host Phil Valentine has been hospitalized with COVID-19, according to his brother.

“He is in the hospital in the critical care unit breathing with assistance but is NOT on a ventilator,” Mark Valentine said in a statement posted to Facebook on Thursday.

“Phil would like for his listeners to know that while he has never been an ‘anti-vaxer’ he regrets not being more vehemently ‘Pro-Vaccine’, and looks forward to being able to more vigorously advocate that position as soon as he is back on the air, which we all hope will be soon,” he wrote.

Here’s the full statement:

Phil contracted the Covid virus a little over a week ago & has since been hospitalized & is in very serious condition, suffering from Covid Pneumonia and the attendant side effects. He is in the hospital in the critical care unit breathing with assistance but is NOT on a ventilator. We’d ask that everyone please refrain from contacting him while he is in the hospital. Phil would like for his listeners to know that while he has never been an “anti-vaxer” he regrets not being more vehemently ‘Pro-Vaccine’, and looks forward to being able to more vigorously advocate that position as soon as he is back on the air, which we all hope will be soon. Phil & his family would like for all of you to know that he loves ya’ll and appreciates your concern, thoughts & prayers more than you will ever know. Please continue to pray for his recovery and PLEASE GO GET VACCINATED!”

207 Responses to Conservative radio talk show host Valentine hospitalized with COVID-19

Jason Louallen says:

Love Phil and have been listening to him for years, he has always said from the beginning that you should make your own choice and if you are at risk, then you should go get the vaccine.

Cryan says:

99.7 WTN deleted this audio from their website. But not before someone copied it and posted it to SoundCloud.

”Why in the world would I go get a vaccine when I’m not in a high-risk category?” – Phil Valentine

“if you are at risk????” Clearly lay people who don’t know enough to determine “if they are at risk”. And when they miscalculate the costs (and not just to themselves) are high.

Jane says:

I don’t understand the need for “proof” that masks work. So you need unmasked people to die or get sick to believe it? Seriously I’m from the Show Me State and I don’t need further proof. He clearly says he goes to coffee shops unmasked but somehow believes that you have to be in contact for 15 minutes to catch it?? So he doesn’t need proof for the 15 minute thing?

Perhaps I can explain Jane. The stupid cloth and paper masks that the vast majority of people wear have one breathing air that simply doesn’t come through the mask but comes from over and the sides of the mask. The masks also have spaces between the strands that are much bigger than the virus in aerosol form and are only useful for the virus carried in droplet form which have a very limited distance that the droplets can travel. What Phil needed to sharply reduce his chance of getting this sick is a vaccine, not some stupid mask.

Now more importantly, since you come from the Show Me State you can be of great service to this nation if you would contact Jason Smith (Heritage-87%) in Congress or in Cape Girardeau and ask him to please run for the Senate. Missouri has a bunch of candidates running to replace miserable Roy Blunt (64%) but not one a proven conservative like Rep. Smith. Thanks Jane.

The mask is supposed to REDUCE the amount of viral load . And if the mask is 6 layers thick as every one of mine were and FITS (as it should or why would you buy one that didn’t?) then the mask works to REDUCE the viral load.

That is an important reason to wear a mask. Stuart. How at this late date do you not understand this. Droplets fall. Aerosol travels. But the mask REDUCES exposure to the amount of virus thus reducing VIRAL LOAD.

Phil wasn’t vaccinated b/c his research told him he was a very low risk since he was healthy and rarely got sick. I also never get sick and my research told me that this “super immune” situation is a Risk Factor in and of itself. Cytokine Storm

Not the masks that most people wear including me. SIX LAYERS THICK?!?!?! You’ve got to be joking. No, I haven’t stopped people to check out the masks they are wearing but MARLE, please forgive me if I harbor the sincere belief that hardly anyone has a mask such as the one that you described. First, it seems that it’s uncomfortable as hell and second how much did those beauties set you back? Frankly, I prefer to do my shopping early in the morning and staying away from people as much as possible when incidence of the Chinese Flu gets bad enough around here. The former requires effort on my part, the latter is much easier.

BTW, on Wednesday Williamson Cty, (population ~200,000) had new cases of the Chinese Flu spike up to 63 while the seven day average is only 35, so the trend is definitely not our friend. HERE WE GO AGAIN I fear.

Yes, they fold 3X with 6 layers per fold. They don’t have fabric from ear to ear and are very airy and comfortable. I have about 20 of them and wore one the entire 45 minutes I worked out on a treadmill at maximum incline 5 days per week.

So….common sense tells you you wear a coat that keeps the cold out, you wear shoes that keep your feet dry AND you wear a mask that WoRKS.

Jane says:

Maybe you should move there so you can vote for him. You will fit right in.

Move from Tennessee where the Democratic Party hardly exists to such an extent that leftists on this forum spend their time trying to sow discord and confusion in the Republican Party rather than concern themselves with the Democratic Party? CERTAINLY NOT. Nor do I think you or any reasonable Tennessean should move from this well governed state either even though Missouri has become a pretty staunchly Republican state as well.

Unfortunately, no one can vote for Jason for Senate in the Missouri Republican primary unless he runs which as of now he isn’t doing. Maybe you have friends and relatives back there who you can enlist in trying to get Jason to run. Please think about it Jane, anything you can do to help will be appreciated.

Cryan says:

RINO snowflake is triggered I used his own words to prove his lies about being a conservative. Just wait until the readers see what YOU posted about Trump and his “cultist followers.”

By the way, your girl RINO Beth Harwell is going to fail faster than Phil Valentine’s lungs if she is stupid enough to run against Carol Swain in the new 5th district.

Taxpayer #314 says:

Of course, Stuart’s fictionalized response is simply wrong, as is usual but he always at least “sounds like” an authority on whatever subject is at hand.

Tuck says:

As soon as you referred to masks as stupid, you lost All credibility .

Cryan says:

Stuart lost all credibility a loooooong time ago.

Tuck, I’m sorry. One shouldn’t speak negatively of anyone else’s important religious symbols or even sincerely held superstitious beliefs I guess, so if the mask has become your icon or talisman, to you I apologize.

Woody says:

A cloth mask protects others from you. Not you from others.

When you exhale the virus is traped in the tiny moisture droplets on your breath. Those droplets atomize after you exhale.

The mask traps that moisture. Reducing the chances of you spreading the virus if you are infected.

Cloth masks work. Many studies over the last 100 or so years have shown this.

The virus is NOT trapped, it is too small and goes through paper and cloth like Light through Air. Not even N95 can filter out a virus.

Cryan says:

James, do you know that antivaxx and antimask also support an Article V Constitutional Convention?

steve cates says:

Good point!

ted risner says:

Carol Swain just lives off political welfare. Her past history with abortions and dressing up in burka’s to hang with friends at the Muslim church are all well accepted by her followers

Phillip Lassiter says:

Harwell does not have the guts to run for Congress. She can’t make a decision

Jemison says:

Everyone is at risk…

Cryan says:

“Conservative” outrage media gave us Donald Trump. They gave us this current Delta-variant wave.

Maybe it’s time to rethink some things, Dr. Frankenstein.

Patrick says:

Phil said a while back that he had gotten vaccinated. Guess it didn’t work.

Sam says:

Get well soon Uncle Phil!

Tina says:

I love you Phil I am praying FOR you !!

Marlena Myers says:

‘Praying for your recovery. My husband, with no underlying conditions, was in ICU Covid unit with viral Covid pneumonia, for 9 days. Post his release, we determined there is no pattern regarding the severity of an individual’s Covid case.
    It drastically changed our perspective.

Cal Moore says:

Phil is another that plays to his audience, the uninformed conspiracy theorist that think they could never get sick or die from such a trivial virus. I guess now he wishes he had been informed and educated to the seriousness of Covid. Hope he recover quickly, but also hope he has learned an important lesson.

Wow Cal, perhaps you can refer us to the pollster and pole that gives you such detail knowledge of the thinking of Phil’s listening audience. The problem I have with what appears to me to be your baseless stereotypical generalizations about Phil’s audience is that I listen to Phil and I know one heck of a lot of others that do too and neither I nor the others fit your description of members of Phil’s audience. Beginning a post gratuitously slamming people who, perhaps, are really guilty of nothing more than not sharing your political views is simply bad form Cal.

From the shows I listened to Phil was highly informed about Covid and he tried to inform his audience. He simply felt that the vaccine was rushed to the public on an emergency basis so he was hesitant to take it for himself until more experience was recorded from people who had taken the vaccine. I know at least one of his sons had Covid and was significantly ill. All in all, Phil was fatalistic about catching the thing and thought if he did he wouldn’t be seriously ill and he felt that was a chance he preferred to take rather than taking the vaccine that did not get final approval. He gambled, and he lost. I wouldn’t have made the same decision if I were him but that’s what makes us free people in a free country.

Eddie White says:

Listened to Valentine since before the days he went into political commentary. He was a funny morning DJ in the early days. Certainly hope for his recovery and hope others learn from the serious mistake Valentine has made. Get vaccinated! I had a serious case of Covid. I would chose the risk of the vaccination over the risk of Covid.

Cryan says:

Why do you think 99.7 deleted recordings of all his highly informative vaccine skepticism?

Esteban Triage says:

Another dum-dum denying science. Bye Phil. You are taking up useful space on planet earth.

Linda says:

Praying for your complete healing, Phil.

Susan says:

Hope you make a speedy recovery, Phil. I’m praying for you.

Stacy Harris says:

Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery to my Nashville SPJ Gridiron Show colleague.

Stacy Harris
    Publisher/Executive Editor
    Stacy’s Music Row Report

Cynthia Campbell says:

Mark sounds like a typical Vaxx Nazi who is eager to put words into his ‘anti-gene altering poison shot’ brother’s mouth. More markers and Vaxxers are getting Covid now than those refusing to. It’s a kill shot. That’s why the government is losing all reason pushing it so hard.

Alabama governor Kay Ivey:

“Folks [are] supposed to have common sense. But it’s time to start blaming the unvaccinated folks, not the regular folks. It’s the unvaccinated folks that are letting us down.”

Kerry Brown says:

That’s not true Cynthia. If you disagree show some evidence.

One thing that is true? 99% of emergency room covid cases are unvaccinated people. Most people who are now deathly ill and hopialized have not been vaccinated.

Google it.

Cynthia Campbell says:

Mark sounds like a typical Vaxx Nazi who is eager to put words into his ‘anti-gene altering poison shot’ brother’s mouth. More maskers and Vaxxers are getting Covid now than those refusing to. It’s a kill shot. That’s why the government is losing all reason pushing it so hard.

Alabama governor Kay Ivey:

David Collins says:

I don’t know where you received your information, Cynthia, but your statement that, “More maskers and Vaxxers (sic) are getting Covid now than those refusing to” is absolutely wrong. The exact opposite is true. The overwhelming majority of those now getting sick with the Delta variant of Covid are those who have not been vaccinated. Please, if you insist on spreading these false claims, go to Facebook to do so where you are more likely to find some uninformed idiot who will believe you.

Bill Thomason says:

Phil is a hero and will pull through this China bioweapon that was unleashed on the world.

Kevin Riecke says:

Good grief, some people are just flat out mean spirited and have gone bonkers. The bottom line is someone got sick for whatever reason, and some go as far to hope he actually dies? Wtf is wrong with people? Personally, I don’t hope anybody gets sick, whether I know them or not, like them or don’t like them. Praying for you Uncle Phil.

Taxpayer #314 says:

It was NOT “for any reason” – he denied the science just like all conservatives do! And, he is paying the price.

“All conservatives?” EVERY SINGLE DADGUM ONE OF THEM!!! You’ve asked them all Taxpayer? You’ve taken a poll? Do you have any idea how ridiculous you appear when you make these broad over the top generalizations? It’s OK. When you say thing like that only your fellow rabid leftists pay any attention so your “influenceable potential” is nil so no real harm is done I guess.

Cryan says:

You’re not as good at politics as you think you are, Stu.

Remember how quickly Eddie, Phil, and James turned on you when I said your first choice for Governor was Beth Harwell? You said I lied and that you were a staunch Diane Black voter. Then I provided the receipts proving you lied. Do I need to show them what you said about their beloved Trump?

Phillip Lassiter says:

Stuart is very inconsistent in his support for conservatives. He talks a big game but does support the real conservatives. RINOs are his choice as they are the only ones winning.

Well Phillip the last time out I believe you called Beth Harwell (ACU-86%) a “RINO.” I tried to explain to you that she wasn’t one as evidenced by her ACU rating. Leftists on this board throw around the term “RINO” most likely because they often don’t know what they are talking about but also in a clumsy attempt to insert themselves in Republican politics to sow dissension and confusion.

In political discourse throughout the conservative movement “RINO” means someone who is a Republican but finds himself voting and agreeing with the liberal Democrats a significant percentage of the time. This is America Phil, you can use the term “RINO” any darn way you want. Obviously you are not using the term like all the other conservatives in the school yard are using it so why don’t you tell us what “RINO” means to you and after you do that maybe what you write will make some sense.

Cryan says:

Beth Harwell is a RINO. You are so bad at this.

Donna says:

Stuart, Beth was my second choice after Diane in that governor election. You and I talked about that at the time.

Cryan says:

I thought you quit this blog. Oh well. You seem better suited for Facebook.

Donna says:

Ha, ha, the left is threatened by Beth Harwell. Keep your great example of the left coming, Cryan. You are so useful.

Good luck, Beth, on whatever road you take.

Cryan says:

You think Beth Harwell can beat Carol Swain in a Republican primary? You’re naive or stupid… not sure yet.

Let me catch you up on the happenings since you departed the forum. Stuart lied to Eddie, James, and Phil and said he wholeheartedly endorsed Diane Black for Governor. He invited us to go back and review his comments on this site. I did and found out he was a Harwell supporter. He got pissed because I used his own words against him.

Trust me, Phil, Eddie, and James are more upset about Beth Harwell than anyone else here, Drama Locke.

Cryan says:

There’s a big divide among the conservative stalwarts on this blog. For example:

[Beth Harwell] just likes people to talk about her in between her trips to the liquor store and hair transplant clinic.
            – Philip Lassiter, June 2021

Carol Swain would be a breath of fresh air in Nashville.
            – Eddie White, July 2021

Beth Harwell voted FOR an Article V Constitutional Convention
            – James White, every other day

Can you please keep up if you want to be included in the drama Donna?

Donna says:

I know a lot about Beth and, no doubt, more than the faux left knows.

I could support Beth for governor. I would especially like to see Tre Hargett as governor. Situations are tricky. We want good people appointed in these administrations.

If Bill Lee is the GOP nominee again, and if the Dems come up with somebody I could vote for, I will vote for the Democrat or an independent against Bill Lee. As I’ve already said.

I’m inclined to vote for conservative independents now.

The day after Rush Limbaugh died we had one Lady on here who wished him good riddance and accused him of killing her sister.

We have some very vicious ones on here. And her presence is applauded by some, welcoming her back!

LeeAnn C says:

Prayers for Phil Valentine.

Sick of the arguing about vaccine and masks. Follow your doctor’s advice and stop trying to dictate everyone else’s behavior or judging their intelligence if they’re not complying with YOUR opinion! My doctor said get the vaccine. I did. She said masks are silly, especially after the vaccine. I don’t wear a mask. She also said to come in immediately if having any symptoms.

If your doctor advises you differently, that’s just dandy! I do wash my hands frequently and thoroughly and use hand sanitizer if hand washing isn’t available. I sneeze into my elbow and away from others.

Mark says:

HI PHIL!! Are you having a “conservative good ole time there Phil?” Please keep going with those wonderful conservative principles.

So when one is fighting for his life in ICU its “conservative principles” that are somehow associated with his sickness. Which might those be. . .individual freedom to make ones own choice as to receiving medications and vaccines? Against what Mark, compulsory medication and vaccination as dictated by a government commissar? Don’t be shy Mark let us know rather than relegating yourself to a nasty comment displaying a most ugly case of schadenfreaude. Is that a leftist virtue that you are so anxious to signal?

Cryan says:

Are you vaccinated for polio? Was it mandated by the government? Are you still alive and prosperous?

I know it’s hard for a conservative to understand this, but the vaccine isn’t just for you. It’s for everyone around you, selfish.

Take your cue from Fox News’ dramatic reversal in vaccine coverage. Trying to shore up the Facebook antivaxx vote is a losing strategy now that they’re dying off. But look who I’m talking to, RINO Beth Harwell’s campaign manager.

Taxpayer #314 says:

Going against your doctors advise and all the scientific specialists across the country. Every day now, more and more conservatives are finally wising up and telling their friends and listeners to GET VACCINATED. Strange timing to speak up now, just when the virus is spreading wildly across the country but mainly in UNVACCINATED places. Do you believe that it is a coincidence that the Three TOP states with huge current outbreaks (FL,TX & Missouri) representing 40% of the entire Country’s cases, all have one thing in common – They are Republican run states, they have Republican strongholds with (R) GOV. & (R) Senators & (R) Representatives. So YES, Stuart it does sound to me like “Conservative Principles” are involved at least in some degree, as much as you hate to admit it. And even more insulting, (R) Gov. DeSantis in FL is actually profiting from the virus outbreak.

You bet he is Taxpayer! If Trump doesn’t run I believe he is the favorite to get the Republican nomination for President in 2024 thanks to his handling of the Chinese Flu epidemic keeping the Florida economy strong throughout and his ability to stand up to the leftists without breaking a sweat.

Taxpayer #314 says:

I find it disgusting that a Governor of any state would PERSONALLY PROFIT from a virus outbreak where his state is the leading state in the country with the most sick people per capita that are needlessly hospitalized while he is encouraging the Anti-vax attitude that is only making it even worse for the people he represents. Being a “favorite for the Republican Nomination” only speaks to the total bankruptcy of the party itself. Yeah, he is “standing up to all those leftists” while the population he represents are dying, in agony, in increasingly large numbers. That is just indefensible to me and it should be to all who read this.

Taxpayer #314 says:

The State (R) Representative, Bill Kidd from Kansas City, joked publicly all last week about how he didn’t get a vaccine “Because he is a Republican.” He is currently in the Hospital with Covid and is in serious condition. That is just one more red flag of “Conservative Principles” at work Stuart, but Stuart would say that I am “Overemphasizing” things. Even Fox news has backed away from all their wild untrue claims recently. There are lots more examples but I don’t want to overemphasize any really bad news.

You’re always “overemphasizing” Taxpayer but that’s OK, it’s part of political discourse. It’s when you are “overgeneralizing” viz. “ALL conservatives” this or “ALL conservatives” that is when you sound silly.

Taxpayer #314 says:

Bill Kidd didn’t sound “silly” to you Stuart?

Taxpayer #314 says:

Stuart, you never answer the question, you just move directly to a dodge. Aiding in Killing-off your constituents does NOT seem like a very successful political policy.

1. Bill Kidd (ACU-62%) in the Missouri state house about whose existence I was totally unaware until you mentioned him as part of your sophisticated news scouring process to convince us that “Republicans Bad/Democrats Good” was apparently jokingly living up to the stereotype that you want to establish. Was he silly? No, he was, as you said, joking. He’s obviously a tepid conservative of the very coolest kind so it’s nice that he apparently has a sense of humor. Tepid conservatives of the very coolest kind are usually just plain dull.

2. I’m admittedly not as obsessed with this Chinese Flu as you are Taxpayer given my obsession with moving the Republican Party RIGHTWARD, RIGHTWARD etc etc. The last time I looked at it, Florida with the country’s oldest population was down at #6 or so in deaths per capita from the Chinese Flu which is quite surprising and can only be said to be testament to DeSantis’ policy of concentrating government policy at protecting the elderly while leaving everyone else alone so as to keep Florida prosperous while the liberal Democrats destroy their states economy with health mandates that destroys their economy.

Protect the vulnerable and leave everyone else alone. I know, it makes control freaks who look at every crises as an opportunity expand government power to command and control really, really angry but that’s the policy that is best for most in the long run.

Donna says:

Good luck, Phil. I said a few prayers for you.

Each person has to decide for themselves the risks they can and will take, based on what they know, can find out, figure out, and intuit.

We are often between a rock and a hard place in trying to make these important decisions.

After developing Guillain-Barre syndrome after a flu vaccine many years ago, I never got and will never get another vaccine of any kind. I was young then and recovered eventually, but Guillain-Barre can paralyze you for life, as it did my next-door neighbor after that same vaccine many years ago.

The Johnson & Johnson Covid vaccine now carries an FDA warning about Guillain-Barre. The other Covid vaccines have links to this nerve disorder, which is an autoimmune disorder of sorts.

Since I already have ongoing autoimmune issues, I have to weigh these risks.

I am 70 and survived Covid in January even with an abnormal immune system. I got over it in a day or two and credit the natural supplements I took. They may not work for everyone. They worked for me. My husband got sick the same day I did–we were exposed to a family member who didn’t know he had Covid. My husband recovered quickly, doing the same things I did. He later got the Pfizer Covid vaccine and has had ongoing problems from the vaccine for months now.

We never know how our bodies will react to anything. Do your research. Listen to your gut feelings. Then take your best shot, which may well be the shot. Most people will do okay. If you are the rare one who does not fare well, then that is the only rare occurrence that will matter to you and your family. Don’t tell others what to do. Advice is fine, but the decision is individual. I would like to be normal and get the vaccine, but I know that is too big a risk for my particular system. I hope my natural antibodies will be enough.

I hope Phil recovers fully.

WELCOME BACK DONNA!

Cryan says:

The professional victim and colloidal silver salesman is back… again. I’m looking forward to more gems like this one from the Columbia Daily Herald.

I am addressing here recent letters to the editor from Buddy Roberts and Floyd White attacking me [by disagreeing with my previous letter to the editor]

Most logical advice Donna. Thanks.

If you have been in the ICU for a week, like Phil so far, AND YOU HAVE ZERO insurance…….who pays for your Choice to remain unvaccinated???? I hope Phil will tell us what the tab was for his stay. In his case it is covered. For many irresponsible functional illiterates It is Not.

The risk you are willing to run is Unfortunately not just impacting you

Sorry, as a libertarian conservative getting the government and the control freaks who dominate it into our lives by via the welfare state much of which I oppose is a most unattractive proposition.

You can’t have a welfare state for the reckless and feckless and allow 100% freedom. So let’s fix the part by which I PAY for their bad choices…

Doesn’t EVERY flu vaccine carry Guillaine-barre warnings. I had it after a bout of flu nearly 45 years ago. No re-occurrence since.

And what percentage of people getting the vaccine have developed this? Do you not fly on planes, drive on highways either because sometimes people get hurt or die doing these things?

Cryan says:

It’s only the traditional J&J vaccine that carries the warning. I’m pretty sure the mRNA vaccines are more popular.

I’m sorry for your husband Donna, but did a doctor say he has complications from the vaccine? What if it’s long-haul Covid? How do you know the difference? Too bad he didn’t get the vaccine before he got sick.

Cryan says:

I should say, It’s only the traditional J&J vaccine (out of the available Covid vaccines) that carries the warning. You’re right, MARLE. Other established vaccines like the flu shot have the same warning.

Donna says:

I’ve had recurrence of Guillain-Barre after being given a drug for complications after surgery and again after a separate bacterial infection. The last time it happened, it was very serious. I was somehow able to keep it from progressing. There is no cure for this. Again, my next-door neighbor many years ago became paralyzed with this and was for the rest of her life. She was middle-aged when it happened.

Taxpayer #314 says:

Yes, Marle, Every vaccine does carry a warning about Guillaine-Barre.

Taxpayer #314 says:

I have a cousin that has Gillaine-Barre and they are warned constantly about not taking any vaccine. She is not a canadate for the Covid Vaccine, instead, she is currently undergoing a transfusion program and it seems to be working but it is long and somewhat painful during the treatments. She only found out she had GB when she had a bad reaction years ago to a flu vaccine. That is the way most people find out that they have GB.

From a website on rare diseases:

Guillain-Barré syndrome always has a rapid onset reaching its worst within two or sometimes as long as four weeks. It is rare for it to occur again. It rarely recurs and doesn’t seem to be listed as a chronic disease that persists for a lifetime.

Just a cursory google.

Donna says:

Drug and vaccine “inserts” list every possible side effect so the manufacturers can avoid liability. Black-box warnings from the FDA are more significant, but I’ve seen doctors ignore them or worse, not even know about them. The Johnson & Johnson thing sounds like a new black-box-type warning, but I don’t know. My thoughts about Guillain-Barre are that this autoimmune reaction is not as rare as claimed. And yes, you can end up permanently paralyzed. When I had it, I was losing the ability to walk, and I could feel it progressing toward my major organs.

We know some people can recover from dire things, while others will get worse. There is no predicting it.

Donna says:

Google it. It can be fatal and can be retriggered.

Donna says:

Well, I see that Tom’s blog continues to be trashed, and the two bullies with personality disorders continue to lie about me. And Schelzig allows it. Let’s see if the bullies can perform an impossibility and post here any quote from me advising people to take colloidal silver. Put it right here. I don’t even know what colloidal silver is.

I’m writing a few guest columns for my local newspaper in Columbia. I’ll have another one Sunday, I think. Give us some clicks. We’re trying to save the paper. They are doing more in-depth reporting, and I think it will be a better outlet than it has been for a while, even though the Gannett Borg took it over.

Cryan says:

Colloidal silver, snake oil, holy water… It’s all the same, Drama Locke. You know you’ve dangerously promoted hippy “medicines” many times. And you’re still casting doubt on the vaccine science on an article about Phil Valentine lol.

Good luck with the professional victim career.

Donna says:

Be sure and post evidence of that, coward, and inform the populace that the Israeli virologist who developed Sambucol black elderberry extract is a “hippy.” This will be news to the doctor. This particular extract has been scientifically tested against flu viruses. I’ve used it for 20 years because I can’t take drugs. It has helped me every time. I used it against Covid, along with zinc, C, D, and probiotic foods. It worked, or I got lucky and had some resistance developed earlier in life.

I mentioned these boosts to the immune system before a vaccine was developed. Most people may be able to take the vaccine. These things still boost the immune system, anyway.

Cryan says:

Did Trump take Sambucol? Is that why he survived his covid hospitalization? I’m glad you know better than the Chief Presidential Physician at Walter Reed.

Donna says:

Trump had access to drugs most of us would not get, or in my case, could not take. He also got zinc.

Donna, you came on here the day after Rush Limbaugh died and said that you were glad he died (or words to that effect) And that he had killed your sister. That’s pretty cold for someone talking about bullies.

And if by that you meant that Rush spoke against the gay lifestyle….well Stuart talks about the LGBTQ community in about the most disparaging ways possible. Calling the sexual eccentrics at every turn is about as charitable as he gets.

No MARLE it’s not disparaging at all anymore than LGB%/ZQetc is disparaging. It’s what one chooses to call things. Since I adamantly don’t talk leftist I don’t use the terms that they make up, I make up my own which are unusually descriptive perhaps, but not disparaging.

Cryan says:

Boy Stuart, you sure know how to turn off almost anybody who might be inclined to vote like you want them to.

Keep up the good work!

You especially like to refer to someone in that LG&E&JN group as “it” don’t you or by the Record of their Birth which is “HE” in the case of the R-Jenner, the current Miss Nevada, or the 2021 SI cover model.

And of course with regard to Anderson Cooper, Tim Cook who said ““I’m proud to be gay, and I consider being gay among the greatest gifts God has given me,” the Apple CEO wrote in an essay published in Businessweek” or the many others who hold major positions………..They are all sexual eccentrics.

OBVIOUSLY THEY ARE! It’s not a function of how much money you have in the bank, or whether you’re real good on TV or with computers etc. etc. You have sexual appetites that only a small minority of the population share which makes you an “eccentric.” This is not a big deal to me at all unless the eccentrics want to mangle our society to serve their particular eccentricities. It is you, MARLE, who have some sort of fascination with this topic that I don’t share. Professional sexual eccentrics are part of the grievance industry and I have made it quite clear as to how I feel that industry is to be handled.

So we now distinguish between the “professional sexual eccentrics” and what? the non-professional ones? Is Anderson Cooper or Tim Cook a non-professional eccentric in that they have other jobs besides advocacy? Do you call left handed people functional eccentrics b/c they can’t use the same scissors, golf clubs, fielders gloves etc as the majority of folks.

That’s correct, Cooper and Cook are non-professional sexual eccentrics but that’s only because that’s the way you’re framing the question. If someone asked me who those men are I wouldn’t say “Oh, they’re non-professional sexual eccentrics.” It is you who are highlighting that one facet of their persona.

Sexual appetites are far more important to one’s persona than left/righthandedness and the fact that people with various varieties of sexual appetites have formed themselves into groups that are part of the grievance industry has given rise to the need for a label. The left insistently favors LGBQZ&$etcetc so naturally I favor “sexual eccentrics” as my all encompassing label. NO BIG DEAL except to you who enjoys scurrying into this particular rabbit hole, and I guess I enjoy following you.

Donna says:

Marle, I said I’m glad Limbaugh is gone. He caused a lot of harm. He brainwashed people, some of whom who acted on his demonizations of LGBT people and harmed others. A number of preachers on the radio have done the same thing. These preachers and others on the radio were cited by my own sister’s murderer as justification for what he did.

I don’t listen to talk radio, so I don’t know how much of this still goes on. But it is a top reason I don’t listen to these shows, and I don’t consider it conservative. Because it isn’t.

Anyone who comes to a public forum to constantly use pejoratives to describe an entire group simply trying to live their lives with the same rights and privileges as everybody else is also influencing others who might cause harm.

It only takes One.

The problem is not limited to Rush Limbaugh just b/c he had a national audience. It is with anyone who for no reason at all instills the kind of disdain that may trigger a nut job to violence.

We must tread very carefully here. Certainly we are all entitled to like/love or dislike/hate any public figure or TV/radio personality for any reason. Feeling that the individual will cause societal harm is a good reason to dislike/hate such a person. It is, however, a very slippery slope that many other nations in the anglosphere and Western Europe are sliding down once we go from our personal dislikes/hate to advocating the limiting of free speech because it’s “hate speech” that MIGHT cause harm to someone somewhere. That’s the slope that leads to totalitarianism which no hypothetical harm should be allowed to justify.

The problem lies with the fact that we are not putting enough dangerous violent people behind bars for long enough periods of time. In this as in so many other things western civilization is losing its will to survive by paying the costs involved in survival. So this is what it’s like living at a time in a place of societal decline.

Stuart ….Your last answer, in particular but not limited to that last paragraph~ whew, you have sunk to a new low. You didn’t have far to fall but, really. That’s disturbing.

I advocate for almost absolute free speech and an environment where those who will commit violent acts as a result of free speech are taken out of society and you MARLE find that disturbing or is it the fact that we are moving in the opposite direction that you find disturbing. If the former, I find what you find disturbing, disturbing or what the left would call “troubling.”

It’s not THAT you said it (out loud as it were) but that you THINK that. That’s what’s disturbing but leave it to you to think I am trying to limit your free speech.

To the contrary I think it’s wonderful when Rush spews his hate or when you disparage a whole group as sexual eccentrics and want a person like Jenner to use the men’s bathroom.
            It is WONDERFUL for you to let everyone know what you really really think.

Far from wanting you to stop this nonsense I want you to be you. I’m just shocked that an intelligent person wants to mock a whole group of people for who they are. And I suppose your friend Cryan is going to be able to throw all of this back up at a time of his/her choosing.

1. I didn’t accuse you of trying to limit my free speech. I simply expressed the fear that your rhetoric is of the type that has led other countries to limit free speech. There’s a difference.

2. To resist the political goals of a group of people is the sort of thing people do in a democracy. Such resistance is not disparagement or mocking at all anymore than calling me a “political eccentric” in the liberal community of my birth and upbringing would have been disparaging or mocking me. Such hyper-sensitivity from an otherwise hard-nosed lady is surprising and interesting.

3. OH GOOD HEAVENS DON’T TELL ME THAT SOME VULGARIAN IS GOING “TO THROW THIS BACK UP AT A TIME OF HIS/HER CHOOSING.” Now you’ve really gone and done it MARLE. Right before bedtime too. Please have Taxpayer call one of his leftist friends in the White House and find out what the demented Big Guy does to go to sleep when he has heard particularly upsetting news right before bedtime.

Now that we have Donna back perhaps Beatrice Shaw from the left will come back too. I do wish contributors to this forum simply ignore profane, childish, vulgar individuals on this forum as though they didn’t exist rather than decide that they have better things to do than open themselves up to ugly gratuitous insults that cascade therefrom.

Cryan says:

Why? Because we use your own words against you? Maybe try not being a RINO hypocrite, Stuart.

Tucker was vaccinated by the way.

Also, why is Bill Lee resuming vaccinations for children without parental consent?! Should people ignore that, too?

Donna says:

Stuart, that is nice of you to say. I just wanted to respond about Phil’s situation.

I think Beatrice is some kind of joke account, by the way.

Donna says:

I want to add that I am grateful to Phil Valentine and Johnny B for relaying information about the immigration issue to the public. They were early and out front on this when many Americans did not know what was going on. Phil and Johnny B performed a service to this country.

Cryan says:

They also said gay marriage would lead to incest, bestiality, and polygamy. It’s been, what, 7 years now? They seem to be right about so much…

mike swafford says:

Good for ole Phil keep on showing how really stupid you are. My God forgive you for telling lies to your neighbors

To lie is to make a statement with the intent to deceive. So you think that’s what Phil did? Why do you think that mike. How can you possibly know? Do you know Phil? Have you spoken to him about this? I don’t think you have mike. Rather you just sound like a nasty ole intolerant leftist who comes onto this forum to give us another real life illustration of why so many people of differing political views are incapable of civilly speaking to one another any more. To put it in swaffordian terms “May God forgive you Mike for contributing the breakdown of civility in this country.”

Cryan says:

Why did 99.7 FM take down his covid segments? Why is Fox News promoting the vaccine now?

Wrongful death lawsuits are a real thing.

When Phil promoted the Article V Constitutional Convention, I knew then I would never listen to him anymore. But I do wish and pray he gets well.

Cryan says:

I’m not a political expert like you Stuart. Please tell us if this is good or bad for Bill Lee’s primary odds?

Health Commissioner Dr. Lisa Piercey said the agency would resume outreach recommending vaccines for children and once again hold vaccination events on school property, including offering the COVID-19 vaccine.

[The] agency will also provide the COVID-19 vaccine to minors without the permission of their parents. This statement is a contradiction to an announcement made this week by conservative lawmakers, who said Piercey agreed in a private meeting to stop this practice.

No one wants Covid but it is certainly a blessing to get it at a point in our medical knowledge when the quality of care has improved so remarkably over this time last year And when your loved ones can be near you in the hospital. Reading the stories of patients put on a vent almost immediately and languishing for months in the ICU with no contact but staff outfitted in moon suits its hard to imagine that struggle.

No one wants Covid but having it now rather than before is a gift.

Greg says:

How many people died because this idiot was on the air insinuating he knew about Covid-19 and his idiot followers listened to him and died from the virus? He a lying murderer like his hero Trump. To hell with him.

Nice calm well thought out post you’ve got there Greg laden with sophisticated intellectual content. In answer to your question, let me guess since there’s no way of knowing. ZERO?!?!?!

Cryan says:

Stu, why is Bill Lee vaccinating children without parental consent again?

Cryan says:

Where did all this moral outrage come from all of sudden Stu? I guess I’m going to have to mine all your comments mocking Christians like the “Rt. Rev. Bill Lee” as well as all your multitude of Never-Trumper RINO attacks.

Keep it up, hypocrite.

He’s upset Stuart. Is what he said any worse than Donna telling us that she’s happy to see Rush Limbaugh dead (the day after his death was announced) and it was because he killed her sister. Not a peep out of you sniping at that.

Big difference? Doesn’t seem so except that you need allies here so one person gets castigated and one gets atta boys and a big welcome back. So transparent.

Donna lost her sister in the most horrible manner possible. She apparently was very close to the lady. The murderer said he was motivated by Rush. Given Donna’s understandable emotional outrage surrounding this entire matter I would not fault Donna for any feelings she might harbor nor subject them to intellectual micro-analysis.

Greg is simply a nincompoop and probably a very nasty leftist nincompoop at that. Greg didn’t give a reason for the venom in his post so I assume there was not particular emotional basis for his idiocy other than the fact that Phil disagreed with Greg. Phil was very calmly analytical about his reason for not getting the vaccine, not at all preachy. The thought that Phil’s analysis led to the “killing” of untold numbers of people making Phil a “murderer” is cause and effect analysis of an imbalanced mind IMHO. The fact that you MARLE are insensitive enough to analogize Donna:Rush with Greg:Phil is “disappointing” in an amazing sort of way.

Finally, it is always good to end on an amusing note. I become the conservative I am today about midway through high school in one of the most liberal communities in this country. I did this while growing up in a very liberal family. I attended university in two very liberal institutions. As such from a very young age I’ve gotten used to being surrounded by people very few of whom share my views. Your belief that I am motivated to give complements to people on this forum who generally share my views is because I “. . .need allies here. . . .” only shows that its been a long day of micro-analysis for you MARLE, and your micro-analytical tools need a rest until tomorrow.

You do seem desperate for allies and I haven’t seen anyone else recruiting so unabashedly. Observation Stuart; not micro-anything.

Eddie White says:

Hmmm, what president fast-tracked the vaccinations that we currently have? Hint, not sleepy Joe.

Biden wasn’t president then Little Parrot. That nasty, greedy, Big Pharma had been researching rapid production protocols for years and Big Bio/Big Pharma had been working on MRNA for years and years. BOTH of those entities were pushing for Warp Speed authorization. In a Pandemic it’s not a leap to cut red tape.

Please wait for your Parrot-master to give you direction. It works out better for you.

Eddie White says:

Big time TDS. Biden and this anonymous poster have a lot in common politically and cognitively.

I’m not any more anonymous than a person with a name like Susie Jones. TDS…..such a parrot response per usual.

TUCKER IS ON IN FOUR MINUTES (FOX News). I suggest we suspend all conversations for the next hour while we all listen to Tucker giving him our undivided attention.

Cryan says:

You mean the Tucker Carlson who voted for Kayne because he thought Trump was the “most repulsive man in the world.”

Now I know why you like him so much, RINO.

When I was a child there were children who watched the Mickey Mouse Club every day at 4. You couldn’t pry them from the TV and they dutifully “Put their Mouse Ears” on b/c it enhanced the experience.

Do you strap on your tin foil hat?

You’re being silly MARLE. We don’t have tin foil hats and you know it. It’s our Tucker Decoder Rings that give us messages throughout the day about the latest hourly outrage from the left and provide was with the strength to fight leftist subversion and save our beloved United States of America!

John Nepovietz says:

Does his Darwin Award go to the family or will it get placed in his casket?

___________________________________________________________
    Forum leftists, instead of messing around with your transparent attempts to get Republicans to waste money on some hopeless attempts to deprive Lee of his second term and/or divide Republicans between its Trumpidian and conservative factions why don’t you concern yourself with the developing race in Nashville’s Fifth District i.e. do something productive and useful for a change. It seems that Jim Cooper (Heritage-16%) hasn’t gotten nutty enough despite his best attempts for some leftist purists in that leftist ghetto. In order to satisfy the leftist purists along came a specimen named Odessa Kelly whose frightening credentials I will let all of you sort out but apparently someone loves her because she’s raised enough money to be credible. Now there’s a race all of you can really sink your political teeth into and stop meddling in internal Republican politics.

Cryan says:

Stuart, it doesn’t really matter until Kevin McCarthy tells Cameron Sexton what to do with the district. If it is gerrymandered to make him Speaker, then the only thing we can be sure of is several months of incessant efforts by you to make Beth Harwell appear more Trumpian – even though she will ultimately lose to Carol Swain.

Sure, Democrats have a crazy contingent, but it’s like 15% of the party at most. Your crazies took over a decade ago, and it’s not going to change anytime soon. 70% of Republicans think Mike Lindell’s upcoming YouTube special will (1) convince 9 Supreme Court Justices to somehow unanimously reinstate Trump on August 13 and (2) get higher ratings than Elvis’ Aloha From Hawaii special.

I applaud your effort to distract from that nonsense, but you’ve got to man up and accept the long-term losses of your party.

The crazy base doesn’t even like Bill Lee anymore. And I don’t think you do either. Can’t you just find somebody to take him on and move the party “Rightward?” He’s so weak. It’s right in front of you. Send them a message about no-record candidates instead of wavering all the time.

ZERO COVID Deaths: Sweden’s Anti-lockdown Strategy Has Worked

Cryan says:

Over 60% of Swedes have received their first dose of the vaccine despite not having access to any vaccines many months after they were widely available and free for Americans. Tennessee only has 40% with one dose..

What else you got James?

Cannoneer2 says:

According to the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center, Sweden has 14,651 deaths from COVID, and 1,096,799 total cases.

I do believe, like Donna, that the radio talkers, Phil included, and yes, the TV talkers, knowingly or not, lead us on tangents and keep us from the real problem and real solutions.
    “Many are hacking at the branches of evil, few at the root” -Thoreau

Radio and TV talkers are primarily in the infotainment business, rather than in the business of coming up with real solution to real problems. For that you need a political party on the right or left interested in undertaking that sort of thing. On the right the Republican leadership consists of Mitch McConnell (Heritage-68%), John Thune (68%), Kevin McCarthy (61%), and Steve Scalise (76%). Look at those Heritage scores James, that’s tall grass dwelling – Chamber of Commerce representing leadership rather than aggressive right-wing problem solving leadership.

The Republican leadership reflects the average Republican officeholder in the Congress. Conservatives who are financially secure must devote themselves to replacing the current Republican majority of centrists and tepid conservatives with conservatives who will vote in a congressional leadership of articulate conservative Republicans. Again I ask you James to come in from the fringes of political activism and join me in moving the Republican Party RIGHTWARD, RIGHTWARD, RESOLUTELY RIGHTWARD.

Cryan says:

“Whether the Court frames Mr. Carlson’s statements as ‘exaggeration,’ ‘non-literal commentary,’ or simply bloviating for his audience, the conclusion remains the same — the statements are not actionable.”

Phil was not an anti-vaxxer. But here are quotes : If you’re not at high risk of dying from Covid then you’re probably SAFER not getting it.” ” “only those in danger of dying from (Covid-19) should’ve gotten vaccinated.”

I suppose these are some statements that the family says he regrets as not being as pro-vaccine as he could have been.

Cryan says:

Maybe he regrets being cute about it? I guess Tucker Carlson isn’t technically pro-Trump or antivaxx, but you sure get that impression from listening to them.

It’s like when Donna thinks she has an out for being reckless with science during a pandemic because she never explicitly recommended colloidal silver. (I didn’t know there was so much disagreement among the alternative medicine hippies and MAGAt antivaxx!) In the word’s of Fox News lawyers, “reasonable people” must know they, including Phil Valentine are full of crap.

Donna says:

Oh my, the cowardly bully with the personality disorders calling himself Cryan somehow just can NEVER, and I mean NEVER, back up any of his lies about me on this blog, because, well, the evidence is nonexistent. Cryan pushes dangerous, unscientific notions on this blog and then claims others are the ones doing it.

It burns up the lefty Intolerati that they can’t argue with facts, logic, and experience. It burns up the Democrat Intolerati that I am more tolerant than they are — Cryan, the wannabe Democrat operative, has insulted LGBT people numerous times on this blog and has made fun of me numerous times for standing up for LGBT equality as I have done for many years in newspaper letters and columns he has cited and has been too stupid to read and understand. He is too stupid to realize this shows his true nature.

I write about many topics.

I am a big threat to the Democrat Intolerati ‘s worldview because I am a true conservative, and they can’t debate facts and logic. I am a lifelong independent, and this burns them up, too, since they can’t demonize me as a Republican. I am more tolerant than they are, and they know they are impostors. As a private person who would like to lead an obscure, private life, I have been nonetheless led to speak out out on several controversial issues and have put my name on it and have dealt with the abuse. This enrages the cowardly and the fake.

So be it.

Cryan says:

You’re psychotic. When have I ever insulted a single LGBTQIA person?

Don’t you mean Stuart, who calls people like your dead sister “sexual eccentrics” and continually downplays your sister’s murder as something you’re just “emotional” about?

He doesn’t even know what the QIA stands for and mocked the acronym in this very blog post. Scroll up, dummy.

Get over yourself Drama Locke. I thought you quit this blog multiple times?! You’re like a child who flips the Candy Land board over when she’s losing.

Cryan says:

Only you could be so self-absorbed to make a post about the dying Phil Valentine about yourself.

Attention whore.

Donna says:

So why do you keep mentioning me? You seem to be obsessed. Stop libeling me, and I won’t have to answer. It’s convenient to hide behind anonymity and launch lies and insults, isn’t it? Every time you mention me, I will be here, liar.

You have used this post about Phil to ridicule him and to insult and lie about others.

Cryan says:

You don’t know what libel is lol. You’ve promoted Middle Eastern medicines as an alternative to vaccines for a year now. According to Governors Bill Lee, Kay Ivey, Asa Hutchinson, and a host of other GQP nuts, vaccines are the ONLY approved preventative. I think what you’re doing is dangerous and selfish. That’s my opinion. What’s libelous there?

Phil deserves all the ridicule coming to him for ridiculing the vaccine. You didn’t hear his “Vaxxman” song parody? It’s a good one. Maybe it will be a posthumous #1 hit!

The odd thing is we probably agree on more issues than you and Stuart do. I just can’t respect the hippy dippy stuff during a global pandemic. Of course very few people can’t take a vaccine. Stop saying it though because idiots who should be taking it are looking for any excuse not to.

Scroll back up and look at what Phil Valentine thinks about vaccines now.

It’s really not a personal decision anymore, unless someone actually has a medical reason not to take it. You may, but you’re few and far between.

Enjoy the second lockdown.

Donna says:

I have NEVER promoted anything as an alternative to vaccines, and you know it. The Covid vaccines and treatments were not available when I mentioned NATURAL, SAFE ways to boost the immune system. Things I know a lot about. I specified only Sambucol black elderberry extract, zinc, and vitamins C and D. There is science to back up every one of these items.

I survived Covid infection in January.

I specifically stated I would get the Covid vaccine if I could take it. My husband and children are vaccinated and have been since the vaccines came out. I cannot take any vaccine because of Guillain-Barre syndrome and because of previous reactions and allergies. I am making suggestions for people like me. I am grateful that others have shared information with me that has saved my life in the past.

I advised people here to do their own research and to listen to their gut feelings and do what they feel they do, vaccine or whatever. You, Cryan, have shown you have a problem with that and want to dictate to others what they should do to their bodies. You have shown us you are a typical, lefty authoritarian. The left is a faux thing now.

Donna says:

I’ll copy and paste all this every time you have that urge to lie and libel.

Now, I am going to say another prayer for the Valentines and then open Word and get back to my novel.

Cryan says:

Phil Valentine also promoted Vitamin D to his followers. How did that work out?

Cryan says:

If it makes you happy, I’ll admit this scientific fact.

Israeli Elderberries prevent Covid. That’s why you and your husband never contracted it 😉

Yes indeed James, that’s a Heritage-85%er you’ve chosen there. Solid! Heritage Scorecard – right again!

James Wjote says:

thanks

Test, updating .. new computer.. name …

test one more

Cryan says:

According to an update from Phil’s wife tonight, he might be meeting Herman Cain sooner than later.

Thoughts and prayers.

Cryan says:

If you’re not at high risk of dying from Covid then you’re probably safer not getting the vaccine.

– Phil Valentine

New Covid cases reported on July 23, 2020 ➡️ 70,006

New Covid cases reported on July 23, 2021 ➡️ 81,732

Cryan says:

Phil Valentine said gay marriage legalization would be a “slippery slope” to incest and polygamy legalization. Just like taking Vitamin D was a slippery slope to the hospital.

Listen here

Wasn’t this the same argument Rush Limbaugh had?

Rush Limbaugh would not have persisted in his Anti-LGBTQ rants IF he were not fully applauded by others in positions of influence. He, like every other radio personality, is sensitive to ratings which equals income.

Everyone who went on a public forum with continuing disparagement of gays was contributing to the attitudes Rush promoted on this subject.

If Rush’s stand on this was enough to delight in his demise I really don’t see how others get a pass.
    No matter how small your forum IT ONLY TAKES ONE to hear or read venom against an innocent and act on it.

When individuals request nothing more than tolerance and being left alone to live their life as they see fit they should, of course, be afforded that privacy. On the other hand, when individuals organize in order to achieve political goals they should expect opposition from those opposed to their political goals. No group should be sacralized to such an extent that the mere criticism of, or opposition to, their political goals becomes a social sin. NO GROUP, not sexual eccentrics, not Negroes or other racial minorities, etc.

Sure, Stuart…..if they would just Quietly accept second class citizenship whereby a person uses a different water fountain or is denied the rights and Substantial Tax rights (among other rights) afforded married couples then YOU will graciously stop the disparaging language that influences others.

I am beginning to see what you idea of the timeline when America was great and the era we should return to AGAIN…..when Negroes and Gays weren’t so uppity and Loud.

Each political goal stands on its own and must be justified and criticized on its own. Society can make reasonable distinctions between groups without those distinctions necessarily resulting in “second class citizenship” which after all is simply a grievance label that members of the grievance industry place on the lives of people who are the objects of the latest “shinny object” that the grievance industry want to change.

I use disparaging language to describe people with whom I have political differences not groups of people characterized by immutable characteristics. Nothing is sadder than finding people who are right-of-center adopting the language and labels of the left because the left is not only great at destroying societies and countries it is also great at labeling things in such a way as to bend the atmospherics in their direction. I rigorously refrain from adopting leftist labels and language which unfortunately become fashionable due to the left’s dominance of the media and the academy. That accounts for the fact that I label things differently than others. “Unfashionable” not “disparaging.” No one who serially calls someone a “little parrot” because of political differences should be so sensitive MARLE.

Narrow and closed mindedness is NOT a requirement for conservatism. What you are doing is misusing “conservatism” as a safe harbor for your retro attitudes.

You are a throwback to those who questioned what the big deal was with Negroes sitting in the back of the bus in as much as the back and front of the bus got to the same destination in the same nano-second.

But keep writing. The more you say the more obvious you become. I lament it only because some will confuse you with conservatism.

Taxpayer #314 says:

Another example of Conservative or Republican nonsense, (I can’t tell the difference between the two anymore): Maine (R) Representative Chris Johansen for years has been an outspoken opponent of Vaccines and any other restrictions. He has, in fact, organized and sponsored public protests to keep the economy open regardless of the Covid case or death count. He announced the other day that he is “really, really sick from Covid now.” I have provided several other accounts of this previously. Many (R) are changing their tune now, even Foxx. Stuart “mischaracterizes” this hypocrisy and stupidity as some sort of “political goal,” which it is not. They just want to be left alone, they do not want to be educated with the truth, so be it!

Another day another case of Taxpayer jumbled confusion.

!. If there are anti-Vaxxers then there must be pro-Vaxxers. I am one of the most pro-Vaxxers in this forum. Every annual check-up all my life the first thing I ask is whether all my vaccines are current. If not I’m jabbed – never had a bad reaction, not even a very sore arm. I am a conservative activist who has never read anything from Adam Smith, to Russell Kirk, Bill Buckley, Milton Friendman etc. for or against vaccines. To be vaccinated or not ain’t no political thing.

2. “Hypocrisy – a feigning to be what one is not or to believe what one does not” e.g. liberal Democratic governors closing down their economies while gathering with donors and hangers-on maskless at a fancy French restaurant and/or approving of Democratic voter’s rioting and demonstrating having closed the economy to prevent people from gathering too tightly. To change ones mind for whatever reason is not hypocrisy and is pretty much a basic right possessed by every human being. Bottom Line: No “gotcha” involved, sorry.

The political wars of today are fought with the conservative side wanting to maximize individual liberty and thereby limiting government power as much as possible while allowing free markets to determine the distribution of goods and services. The liberals/left to one degree or another are opposed to the conservative program. No individual should be confused with conservatism, liberalism, or any political philosophy and I have every confidence no one confuses me with conservatism though I fear that the fact that you MARLE are a Republican who spends almost all her time criticizing Republicans while having a most unusual soft spot for members of the grievance industry all to the applause of this forum’s leftists is a source of confusion.

Every self-labeled conservative on this site has been doing a fine job of applauding Trump and the Republican party without a peep about the serious flaws in policy or governance. One lone voice to point out TRUTHS (and what I have said is factual) about Republican shortcomings is a SERVICE to balance. Because Facts matter. I have asked your pet parrot to tell one issue on which I have not supported conservative ideology. Of course he not once responded to that.

How about you….want to tell me the issues on which I have not upheld conservative PRINCIPLES. Not upheld personality or Party loyalty; that I do not blindly do.

And as to the “applause” of leftist here. I have not congratulated any of them EVER. NO ” Right you Are so-and-so”. No wanting to name my third child if I’d had one after them. No All Cap welcome backs!!!!!.

I just say what I think with ZERO regard to sucking up to anyone on here. I am not recruiting acolytes.

BTW where is Gwendolyn? I had her application form and Tucker Decoder Ring all ready and poooof, she disappeared.

He’s a little parrot b/c he never has an original thought, political or otherwise. He just parrots what you say. I know you like that; Senior Wences was variation on it.

And since he likes repetition as all little parrots do (hence the constant TDS he posts when he’s got nothin=always) I know he appreciates my repetitive use of the Little Parrot salutation.

I am really beginning to wonder about your ability to read with comprehension.

In addition to squawking “TDS, TDS” every time he wants to be heard but has nothing substantive to say he repetitively keeps griping about the anonymous commenters on here (despite having a name like Eddie White). I have been on here since 2018 and he still can’t get over the fact that Erik drives the protocol for this site. REPITION .

He has now taken to calling me a Democrat…something I can’t prove the since we have a non-public record of our voting). Over and Over. AND when I ask him to cite One conservative principle anything I’ve posted in conflict with conservatism he has never responded. Just the REPITION.

So….he will be “little parrot” until the crutch of REPITION stops.

Marle, when you vote in the Primary, it is public record which party you choose to participate in. (That’s why you get the specific flyers in the mail)

And we allow cross overs so that proves NOTHING.

But he could go a long way by telling me WHAT conservative principle I have EVER written against.

I’ve asked Little Parrot multiple times to support his “theory”. Nothing. I have asked Stuart. Nothing. So I’ll ask YOU since you want to insert yourself.

I’ll wait………………………………………………………

I know because Eddie and I are the only two conservative Republicans who are interested in Republicans actually winning elections who regularly contribute to this forum you MARLE like to establish some boys in the tree house relationship between us. Occasionally Eddie and I do differ so I never called you anything other than a Republican who spends almost all of her time criticizing Republicans. For Eddie that criticism and your rarely writing approvingly of any Republican and your seeming indifference as to whether Republican actually win elections makes him suspect you are actually a Democrat in denial or some such. Eddie calls you a Democrat, others call me and other conservative Republicans RINOS. Being what one regards as absurdly labeled is one of the prices one pays for participating in a public forum of opinion.

Marle, what is it that you are asking? Are you asking me about someone’s theory?

His Theory is that I am NOT a conservative. I have suggested to him that he needs to back that up by telling me WHAT conservative policy position I have argued AGAINST. ONE, just one.

I have been on here since 2018 and surely IF I am a Democrat there’d be something in the last 3 years to offer in evidence.

So….how bout you James. What conservative positions have I argued or written about.

I don’t care in the Least what Little Parrot calls me in spite of his lack of offered evidence. People who call you a RINO seem more than eager to be specific.

I just object when YOU Stuart think I ask why I call someone who REPEATS a charge he won’t ( because he can’t ) defend “Little Parrot”. He should be pleased that I at least capitalize it.

So how bout you Stuart. Want to help out the WHITE boys point out my non-conservative positions?

Marle, I have always thought that your were conservative. Not to the right of most but at least leaning that way. I would have to go back and search and pick through stuff to prove to me that you were not.

For decades I was referred to as being to the right of Attila the Hun…..on conservative principles. Not ultra right in defending the cult of personality for sure. Let’s concentrate on Conservative principles. In 3 years you’d think Little Parrot since he’s the one who in Parrot-fashion keeps repeating something he Will never be able to defend.

But bird brains can’t rise to a defense…they just keep repeating some phrase they learn. In the case of TDS he learned TDS from his parrot master, Stuart. And so I will respond in kind to Little Parrot. I will repeat his Earned name “Little Parrot” because I know he likes mindless repetition so much.

Lack of skin pigmentation really gets my juices flowing, but I think I’ll pass. For me you’re just a lovable idiosyncratic Republican, that’s all you ever were, and I suspect that’s all you’ll ever be to me.

Now that others have weighed in I am Still Waiting for Eddie White aka Little Parrot to give me JUST ONE conservative principle against which I have written or argued.

Well, Little Parrot, I am waiting………………………………………………….

Cryan says:

“They told him to sing,” his brother Mark Valentine said. “He was singing in the critical care unit at the top of his lungs.”

He sang “My Way,” the song Frank Sinatra made famous and includes the lines, “And now, the end is near …” and “Regrets, I’ve had a few …”

Phil Valentine HEALTH UPDATE

I can only image how horrible you feel if you’re sick enough to be in an ICU unit. On top of that you have a floor full of people belting out songs. omg

You belong injail says:

The Nashville PD needs to come slap a set of cuffs on Phil so that
    If he lives they can arrest him. Who knows how many people
    Have died of covid19 while listening to, and taking, this POS’s
    Medical advice. This narcissistic pile of shit deserves
    Everything coming to him.