Check out these precinct-level maps of the presidential election in Tennessee

Our favorite political mapmaker Don Johnson has put his considerable talents to work with these maps of the presidential election in Tennessee based on the results certified by the state this week.

The level of support of for Republican Donald Trump is through the roof in much of the state. But the relatively small blue areas signifying support for Democrat Joe Biden still make up 1.14 million votes, showing how concentrated the state’s urban population is.

Here is another set of maps showing the changes in presidential party voting:

Keep up the good work, Don!

27 Responses to Check out these precinct-level maps of the presidential election in Tennessee

• Pingback: Thursday, December 3

Molly Mann says:

Thanks for the maps

Joe Carr says:

I must confess I am a map nerd. I love them…stare at them. I probably need a 12 Step Program. Don Johnson @htmldon feeds my addiction for maps and for that I am grateful. Keep up the good work Don!

Beatrice Shaw says:

I am proud to say I live in a BLUE shaded area!!!

Jay C says:

With so many Democratic absentee votes that’s a BIG asterisk on the Davidson County map.

Sabo Pike says:

Prior to the election, I saw only one or two Trump signs in the West Meade, Belle Meade areas in West Nashville and along Charlotte Ave., to the county line, so I am surprised to see that area showing up so red on the map.

Giving credence to that “shy Trump voter” phenomenon.

Sabo, perhaps if so many Biden voters weren’t also thieves and vandals Trump voters, especially those who live in liberal ghettos like Davidson County, would feel that they still have the basic freedom to publicly state their voting preference.

Lee Campbell says:

I live in the conservative ghetto of Warren County. Late on a Friday afternoon in early October, my friend and I placed about a dozen Biden signs on residential lawns. By 9PM all the signs except one were stolen.

Lee, first let me congratulate you on having the wisdom of not allowing your leftist inclinations to drive you into doing something foolish like actually living, or even worse living and owning property, in an area governed by liberals. Liberalism is one of those things that is best appreciated from afar.

Now as to thefts you recounted my first question would be whether the residents who own the lawns requested the signs you placed thereon. If so, my suspicions as to the culprits turn to marauding bands of liberal fanatics who travel through well run conservative areas stealing Biden signs in order to give conservatives a bad name while at the same time causing anger in people like yourself in order to reinforce your determination to vote for Biden. I say that because conservatives have a well deserved reputation for being tolerant people especially respectful of the property rights of others so are unlikely to engage in the acts you describe.

Now Lee, being fortunate enough to live that close to conservatives you just know that conservatives are a most tolerant group of people who respect the property rights of others so you have suffered from the behavior of murauding b

RESPONDERS & REPLIERS PLEASE NOTE: Make sure you erase words that you wrote when you decide to start again before hitting “Post Comment.” Sorry about that.

Diana Page says:

I am past ready for a change in tone.

Taxpayer #314 says:

TN is just eat up with all these republican conservative nut cases, they do tend to get thick in certain places.

Just the Truth says:

Huh, anywhere there’s a collection of people with any educational opportunities beyond k-12, anywhere there is more culture available than Sunday school plays, anywhere there’s a major surgery center, anywhere there is a restaurant that doesn’t ask if you want fries with that and/or gravy for them hashbrowns, anywhere you might possibly hear something other than English being spoken, anwhere you might want to shop somewhere other than Dollar General or WalMart, anywhere there is actually a growing GDP… blue.

Very funny JtT. Even if you really believe your stereotypical nonsense there is opportunity. One of these days you might want to think for yourself rather than blindly follow the bien pensant of society and their stereotypes at which time you will probably become a very fine libertarian conservative.

Taxpayer #314 says:

Give it up Stuart, your kind of wishful thinking is fading into the background, perhaps not as fast as the public would like in Tennessee but across the country we see progress every day. Conservative numbers are dropping all over and good things are starting to happen once again. Your method of just constantly stating the opposite of what you really know to be the truth is getting old. People don’t “become very fine libertarian conservatives,” they just stop getting an education at some point.

Christina says:

Agree with you.

Here we have Taxpayer’s oh so predictable mantra “Republican/Conservative – Bad, Bad, Bad. Democrat/Progressive – Good, Good, Good.” that is so uninteresting as to hardly ever elicit a Reply. What makes this particular Response so interesting, however, is the insight it gives to Taxpayer’s psychology and through him the psychology that is so important in making a true believing leftist.

Taxpayer states “Your method of constantly stating the opposite of what you really know to be the truth. . . .” Savor the breathtaking arrogance of that statement for a moment. Of course, Taxpayer is very outspoken but is too shy to use his real name so I simply have to assume he has never met me. Doesn’t know me from Adam, yet he arrogantly tells me and the world what I think and the frightening part is I have every reason to believe he really thinks he can read the minds of people he has never met. Further, there is the authoritarian mindset that disbelieves anyone can possibly believe anything that Taxpayer doesn’t believe. It’s almost frightening isn’t it?

Perry Aubric says:

Stuart just doesn’t know how to shut the hell up, even after repeating himself a hundred times. I bet the holidays are just a joy around his house (not).

Not Oberlin. Not Berkley. Too many conservatives have been made to “shut the hell up.” Happily not all Commissar Aubric.