Carr campaign update: Candidate responds to HR complaints

Former Rep. Joe Carr in a lengthy Facebook post is defending himself about a series of human resources complaints filed against him when he worked in state government. Carr blames ‘liberal big government bureaucrats’ at the agency that has been run by Republican administrations since 2011.

“It’s been less than 10 hours since I announced I’m running for Rutherford Co. Mayor and already I’m getting phone calls about claims of ‘harassment’ while serving at TDEC as Assistant Commissioner,” Carr writes in the post. “Liberal big government bureaucrats just don’t sleep, do they?”

Carr denies he was pushed out of his job over the complaints.

“If anyone tries to claim that I was forced out of the administration over this, I have no problem releasing the tapes proving otherwise,” he writes. “I left on great terms, was in fact asked to stay, and told to come back anytime.”

Read the whole thing below:

30 Responses to Carr campaign update: Candidate responds to HR complaints

Jason Wallflower says:

Man, what an doofus. Another campaign. Another incoming loss.

My friend Joe is a committed conservative who has no patience for feckless, craven Republican Chamber of Commerce shills and they have no patience for him. Bless Joe for getting into the arena when so many others (including myself) simply refuse to ever consider doing so.

Donna Locke says:

You’re on the way to Turkestan again.

Phillip Lassiter says:

I heard he wasn’t eligible for rehire. That should be easy to verify. He has hair on his face but Stuart loves him anyway

Joe invited me to a Manny Sethi function which he was orchestrating upon which a looooong discussion took place which ended, as you can imagine, with my declining his invitation and my shaking my head as to how my buddy Joe can be so shortsighted. Anyway, my declining that invitation means I haven’t actually met Joe in years and if what you say is a permanent feature on Joe’s face I regret that he has parlayed his bad choice in senate candidates with a bad choice in grooming. He’s a great conservative, however, and we simply don’t have enough great conservatives willing to run for office, so well groomed or not I just have to suck-it-up and support him anyway.

Jonathan Swift says:

No matter how repellent a person he is, if he is a conservative, Stuart will have to suck-it-up and support him anyway.

No “suck-it-up” needed Jonathan. Let’s get back to the fundamentals. This is a blog about “Tennessee government, politics and legislative news.” The individuals we therefore discuss on this blog are politicians for the most part and we support them or not because of the policies they follow. This is not a blog about finding a spouse, friend, fraternity brother etc. which would require entirely other criterion for judging.

For purposes of responses and replies to this blog I support Joe Carr and other politicians because the are staunch conservatives as am I. Those of you on the left oppose those politicians that I support for that very same reason. In Joe Carr’s case he happens to be a very personable, bright individual with a great sense of humor in addition to being a staunch conservative. Any suggestion that I should cease to support Joe or anyone else because they have lost some elections and/or there are vague reports of some investigations/complaints about them from a liberal press that no longer even thinks of even handed reporting is absurd.

Why so many of you find the need to turn what is a profound political disagreement into some sort of morality saga is something that I will never understand. That so many people in this country find the need to do so is one of the things that make our political environment so toxic and unhealthy.

Cryan says:

The Republican Party was built on a “morality saga.” Do I really have to list all the Religious Right who have picked every single GQP presidential nominee from Reagan to Trump?

Jerry Falwell

Paul Weyrich

Tim LaHaye

Pat Robertson

Pat Buchanan

Jerry Falwell Jr.

Kenneth Copeland

Franklin Graham

Richard Land

Paula White

Greg Locke

Republicans can’t win an election without making it about abortion or “Merry Christmas”

You call people sexual eccentrics, but you get your damn panties in a wad when Glen Casada’s eccentricities are discussed. It’s fair game because he campaigned as a faultless Religious Right nut when it turns out he is and/or associates with bathroom stall, toe-tappin divorcee and coke head.

The only thing that’s funnier than GQP hypocrisy is your little hissy fits you throw on this blog. The tears of cuckservatives like you and Joe Carr make our day.

Snowflake ❄️

Donna Locke says:

Stuart, he is not a conservative. I know a number of his actions in the legislature that were the opposite of conservative. Very few of the Republican state legislators could be accurately labeled conservative. I remember budget and other fiscal votes in which only TWO of the Republican state lawmakers voted conservatively, and Joe Carr was never one of them.

Many are snowed, few follow the votes.

Cryan says:

I know conservatives. Stuart isn’t a conservative.

He and Joe Carr are so jealous of Bill Haslam — the most successful grifter in US history when it comes to directing GOVERNMENT contracts to personal businesses. And the poor saps think they can emulate it.

They’re not working with a full deck.

Donna, “conservative”/”liberal” in politics are I’m afraid relative terms. There are few in the legislature as conservative as I am but then again I am far to the right of the average American electorate and few as conservative as me can win election to any legislature or Congress. While he was in the General Assembly Joe was considered one of the conservative leaders in the House who had his battles with the more centrist Republican leadership. That does not mean, of course, that he didn’t have votes that I wouldn’t have cast if I was sitting in his seat at the time.

Taxpayer #314 says:

It is once again the prime response from any Conservative about any complaint…”it was all the fault of the liberals, those pesky liberals, again.”

Misty Pardner says:

How does a person that still has $97,553.14 in debt from a State Senate race, another loss this time to Shane Reeves, plan to raise money? Maybe Beavers, Casada and Smith might be of some help.

Get a real job, leave government ‘service’.

Cryan says:

Sounds like another David Byrd. Why are Republican politicians exempt from the sanctity of marriage but everyone else better get in line? Oh right, hypocrisy.

Well, now we know Stuart’s type: horny weasels like Casada, Gaetz, Gym Jordan, David Byrd, and Joe Carr. There’s definitely a pattern to whomever he calls his “good friend”

Donna Locke says:

The key word there is “series” (of human resources complaints).

If there were complaints they probably were of the sort where he told some female underling to do something without the proper lilt in his voice and/or smile on his face (though I guess if he has enough facial hair as Phillip reports it would be difficult to tell).

Beatrice Shaw says:

someone needs to have the Governor publicly clear his name

__________________________________________
    Everything is all set at this early date in three out of the four races we are concerned with in the 3 1/2 Lamars Retirement Project where great proven conservatives are running to replace four substandard Republican senators who happily are retiring. The lone exception is Missouri. Next month rumor has it that Rep. Vickie Hartzler (Heritage-72%) will announce her candidacy. A 72% replacing a 64%, not nearly good enough for Missouri when you think Josh Hawley (Heritage-91%) as the template for Missouri politics. All conservative hopes are still pinned on Rep. Jason Smith (Heritage-87%) out of the iconic Rush Limbuagh’s Cape Girardeau who has yet to announce and is giving mixed signals as to whether he will give up his seat on the House Ways and Means Committee to make the run.

Cryan says:

Wishful thinking. Mark McCloskey will be the nominee. JD Vance will be the nominee in Ohio, and Blake Masters will be the nominee in Arizona. Peter Thiel has already given $10,000,000 to each of the no-record candidates and, most importantly, secured the endorsements from Donald Trump. They are just waiting for the right time for Trump to announce at three separate mega rallies early next year.

Cry about it ❄️

Cryan says:

In similar news, did you enjoy the Tennessee Stands email that called Bill Lee a heretic who is weak on immigration? It’s the lead story on Tennessee *.

GQP Civil War

Beatrice Shaw says:

There are more complaints against Mr. Carr than the ones mentioned here. Just look to my friends at Tennessee Holler for the news

Oh my gosh “Tennessee Holler” now we’re getting down to the true story behind the story. Those that know, know that “Tennessee Holler” knows.

Cryan says:

You’re the ONLY person here defending Joe Carr of all people. You’re the type of person who’s still bag holding $CXW. You gotta learn to take a loss. Joe Carr is a perennial loser and a hypocrite.

Should have bought $AMC, boomer. 🚀🚀🚀 🌝

**This is not financial advice. I like the stock.

Taxpayer #314 says:

Forget the “3 1/2 Lamars Retirement Project” that we hear so much about from a single source. The numbers of conservative and republican donors and supporters are slowly dwindling as the voters repeatedly see the lies and dead-end thinking that gets them nowhere. The party just consistently votes NO, they are only against things, never any new ideas. The conservative political thinking or desire to address real issues has not matured or changed any in decades. I find it sort of funny that when you abbreviate the word “conservative” you get cons.