And I will advertise it: Dickerson talks marijuana in latest spot

Republican state Sen. Steve Dickerson’s latest ad touts his leading role in efforts to legalize medical marijuana in Tennessee. Dickerson is facing a tough challenge from Democrat Heidi Campbell this year.

“This is a marijuana plant,” Dickerson says in the ad the camera zooms in on an image of a sparkling cannabis flower.

Here’s what Dickerson says in the rest of the spot:

As your state senator, I’ve led the fight to legalize medical marijuana so our veterans and sickest Tennesseans can deal with chronic pain. But this same life-saving plant has led to mass incarceration, with non-violent marijuana possession resulting in lengthy prison sentences. I think that’s wrong. That’s why I’ve been pushing for criminal justice reform. I’m Dr. Steve Dickerson, and I put people before politics.

7 Responses to And I will advertise it: Dickerson talks marijuana in latest spot

Jonathan Swiftt says:

This is a very refreshing opinion, especially for a Republican. I guess he won’t be getting any contributions from the liquor lobby.

steve cates says:

I am hoping that last ad is gone. It was one of the silliest I have ever seen on television, especially asking me to go back to “candy crush” ( and promoting the ridiculous idea of “voting for the person not the party” – from a republican who toes the party line).

Wrong steve, yet again. If you examine the American Conservative Union’s latest ratings you will find Republicans in the General Assembly’s Senate score well into the 80s with a few 90s. Steve Dickerson (ACU-71%) has the lowest score of any Republican in the State Senate so he can’t reasonably be said to be one who “. . .toes the party line.”

Taxpayer #314 says:

The only reason one would “examine the American Conservative Union’s latest ratings” would be to make really sure that you were NOT voting for a (R) by some odd mistake.

Phillip Lassiter says:

Insidious

Nope to Dope

Taxpayer #314 says:

Is “nope to dope” kind of like “Dump Trump”?