Vandy baseball team declines White House visit

The Vanderbilt baseball team declined a White House visit to celebrate its 2019 NCAA championship, The Washington Post reports.

A spokesman told the paper the invitation was “respectfully declined [because of] long-standing travel plans for our student-athletes to return home for the Thanksgiving holiday.”

Last year’s winner, Oregon State, visited President Donald Trump in the White House instead.

The White House event was to celebrate 22 champions from non-revenue sports. NCAA football and basketball champions have visited on their own.

11 Responses to Vandy baseball team declines White House visit

• John Avery Emison says:

Oregon State University Beavers….. NOT the U of O Ducks.

• Beatrice Shaw says:

Bravo for Vanderbilt!! I’m so happy they do not recognize the president either. Tennessee is ready for a change back to progressive, welcoming policies.

• John W Niven Jr says:

Beatrice,
    You are most welcome to exercise your right to live in another country.

• Perry Aubric says:

Not very American of you, John. Used to be citizens could voice their disagreements without being asked to leave the country.

As for me, I will stay in my country, continue to oppose the corrupt incompetent lying p***y grabbing nitwit Donald Trump, and I will be happy to see you remain here and take the opposing view. That’s the patriotic view.

• Teresa Jacobs says:

I respectfully decline to watch or support Vanderbilt baseball due to long-standing unplanned travel plan’s. I want to return home also.

• Bob Fischer says:

I will start rooting for the Vanderbilt baseball team.

• Lenny says:

I guess they didn’t want any McNuggets.

• Susan E Gingrich says:

Not at all surprising in this age of disrespect for others, self-centeredness and disregard for our history, country, Office of the President and Constitution. I did not like, nor respect Obama’s leadership, but would have gladly gone to the White House, if invited. It really makes me wonder what some parents are teaching their children-I already know the damage being done to students in many public school systems and institutions of what was once referred to as “Higher” Learning.

• Eddie White says:

I did not watch the vandy baseball team due to travel plans…I did not want to travel to their games….