Tennessee’s No. 2 Republican says Casada should step down

Lt. Gov. Randy McNally says House Speaker Glen Casada should step down over the text messaging scandal that has enveloped his office.

Here is the Oak Ridge Republican’s full statement:

It has been my goal over the past few days to allow the House of Representatives to address the issues they are facing without distraction. I am very aware that any comments from the other chamber can be counterproductive to their ongoing process. Questions of resignation or removal remain up to Speaker Casada and the House alone. I would expect any removal process to include due process. When asked my personal opinion on the matter, I can only answer honestly. I believe it would be in the best interest of the legislature and the state of Tennessee for Speaker Casada to vacate his office at this time.

12 Responses to Tennessee’s No. 2 Republican says Casada should step down

• jason wallflower says:

Just get this corrupt bozo out of state government. It’s past time. Casada needs to resign yesterday.

Do they still have rat guards on the ropes by which large ships are tied to the dock? In the case of the Republican Party the guards have to protect the surrounding community from the rats trying to make their way off the ship rather than on.

I don’t know Stuart I. Anderson, I have not seen his picture displayed here. I wonder if Stuart I. Anderson is a pseudonym for Scott Golden? Just wonderin….

I see your girl Friday likes to write Unconstitutional bills for the Chamber of Commerce :
      Today, Senator Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.) introduced S.1116, the Balancing the Rights of Web Surfers Equally and Responsibly (BROWSER) Act.
      “It was an honor to speak to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation’s Digital Empowers Summit about the need to hold Big Tech accountable and protect your privacy. “

I see your girl Friday likes to forget to remind everyone she is a member of the Tranatlantic Policy Network.
      ” As Chinese government officials travel to Washington for a new round of trade talks with the Trump administration, we must hold China accountable for its theft of American IP and technology. I remain firm in my belief that any trade agreement must put the interests of American businesses first rather than treat them as an afterthought.
      ICYMI: I spoke with Maria Bartiromo on Fox Business about the importance of free trade on Wednesday. “

Yep danger ahead for your girl Friday, cozy up with the International Banksters:
      “On Wednesday, I discussed our booming economy with Federal Reserve Chairman Jay Powell. “

James, that’s the problem, you don’t accomplish anything constructive. Now wouldn’t it be great if you used your efforts to come up with someone more conservative, less U. S. Chamberish than Marsha? Well you didn’t, and comparatively speaking, rather than absolutely speaking to some never-to-be realized ideal, Marsha is a gem and the choice between her and Bredesen was no choice at all so here we are.

Whatever ideological faults we may find in Marsha she is blessed with youthful physical attractiveness and the money to maintain that attractiveness for so long as medical science allows while being a brilliant political tactician as she moves along just conservative enough for me while always being nice to the Republican establishment so they are nice, or at least not overly hostile, to her.

SHE’S IN FOR LIFE, JAMES! I think you should just move on.

• John Taylor says:

Tennessee Holier-Than-Thou Republican-In-Name-Only Legislatures need to keep their personal opinion to their self. Or is stating personal opinion in the press the RINO way of taking a straw poll to see how a vote to dismiss would go? I’ll say this again, I don’t ask my preacher to legislate and I don’t ask my legislature to preach.

• Lenny says:

Once all the Jimmy Swaggerts and Tammy Faye Bakers were exposed as crooks in the 80s, all the would be televangelists just ran for office.

• Lenny says:
  • Silence Dogood says:

No wonder so many politicians (not all) are scumbags. Their constituents are getting the representation they have earned. No loyalty, holier than thou attitudes, rats leaving the ship, and such creates the scumbag. Since President Trump is on audio tape with much the same type of conversation should he step down?

• Phyllis Maynor says:

He must GO or the Representatives who keep him need to be voted out!