Sethi in new TV ad: “Let ’em try to call me racist.”

Republican Senate candidate Manny Sethi has launched his first TV ad. His campaign says the ad will run statewide — and in Washington, D.C.

The spot features Sethi’s mother speaking about the seven-year process she and her husband went through to immigrate to the United States from India.  “Others come here illegally, take all the benefits and then if you dare say that’s wrong – you are called racist?” she says.

The candidate warns about an “illegal immigrant invasion” if Republicans don’t win next year.

“That’s why I’m running,” he says. “Let ‘em try to call me a racist.”

Here’s the script of the ad:

Dr. Chander Sethi: My husband and I were young doctors in India who wanted to come to America. We followed the law and immigrated legally. It took seven years. We were country doctors in Tennessee for twenty-five years. I delivered thousands of babies, worked hard to be a good citizen. So why do others come here illegally, take all the benefits and then if you dare say that’s wrong – you are called racist? My son, Manny, is a Tennessee surgeon, he’s now running for U.S. Senate. And he knows this is wrong.

Dr. Manny Sethi: We’re gonna have an illegal immigrant invasion if Republicans don’t win in 2020. Democrats are going to give this country away. That’s why I’m running. Let ‘em try to call me a racist.

Democrat James Mackler’s campaign quickly seized on the Sethi ad in a fundraising email:

Unbelievable — one of James’ opponents just launched a despicable ad. Here’s what he says:

“We’re going to have an illegal immigrant invasion if Republicans don’t win in 2020… Let ‘em call me a racist.” – Manny Sethi

DENOUNCE THE AD BY CONTRIBUTING TO JAMES’ CAMPAIGN

James’ opponent is a first generation American who wants to shut the door behind him, and he’s fueling his campaign with fear tactics, divisive rhetoric, and extreme views.

8 Responses to Sethi in new TV ad: “Let ’em try to call me racist.”

It does appear that the Republicans hand out Amnesty like candy, I remember Ronald Reagan saying the one he did would be the ONLY one. ( both Dems and Repubs since then say that)
    Trust No Republican.

• Eddie White says:

Don’t hear anyone talking about amnesty on the Republican side….You might check with the House of Representatives or the Democratic candidates for president…..

• TR says:

Neither Sethi or Haggerty excite me all that much but that’s a great ad that will resonate with TN Republicans. Sethi has a good message if he’ll stick to it and stop the silliness of bashing Haggerty for being friends with Mitt Romney. I’m fairly certain both of these guys will be standard Republican votes in the Senate, but feel the need to out-Trump each other in the primary.

I absolutely agree. No conservative to be found in these two, but insofar as Hagerty has a record going back to 1991 of contributing $335,000 to the Republican Party and candidates on the federal level and $57,850 on the state level whereas Chairman Manny has a record of being very, very ambitious why not just go with Hagerty?

• Beatrice Shaw says:

yes….but WHICH CANDIDATES DID HE GIVE TO? If he gave to the Party, he’s certainly a moderate.

You are absolutely right too Beatrice, but the trick here is not to find a conservative to vote for because THERE AREN’T ANY. The trick for conservatives is to decide which of these two “wet” Republicans to vote for that would be most beneficial for the conservative movement or should we just not vote in this Senate race.

I say as a conservative I am going to vote against Chairman Manny in order to do my part to convince plutocrats like the Chairman not to show up running for high office alleging you are a conservative without having a substantial record of involvement in the conservative movement. The best way to vote against the Chairman is to vote for Bill from Establishment Central Casting.

• MARLE says:

What TN really needs is a matching pair of lap dogs….so the vote should go to which ever candidate is the best in breed.

Legal immigration must be reduced also. Drastically. What these candidates say about mass immigration in general and about imported workers to please the business lobby is the most telling.