Pence officially joins list of Hagerty endorsers

Nobody was really surprised when U.S. Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-Brentwood) threw her support behind Bill Hagerty’s U.S. Senate bid last week. Throw the endorsement from Vice President Mike Pence on Monday evening into the same category:

While the endorsement underscores the Hagerty narrative of being the choice of President Donald Trump, it would be near unimaginable that Pence wouldn’t take the same position as the commander-in-chief.

But every endorsement counts. Or at least so we’re told…

13 Responses to Pence officially joins list of Hagerty endorsers

• Ken says:

Ha! The Establishment smells blood in the water and rightly so. Manny is on a roll now toward the nomination and they can’t concoct enough false ads from their PR firms to do anything about it.

Ken, the one gigantic false ad in this campaign consists of Chairman Manny playacting a “CONSERVATIVE-OUTSIDER” under Operation Unhagerty. Conservatives should show that they are not going to be fooled by Chris Devaney’s campaign artistry twice in two elections by voting for Hagerty.

• Was the America First agenda conceived before or after Trump was the nominee. It’s a proven fact Hagerty didn’t support Trump in any way until he was the absolute last choice for a Republican President.

• MARLE says:

Pence would push a peanut, with his nose, down Main Street if Trump told him to do it. Pence’s only chance at being President is to follow a victorious Trump in 2024. The alternative begs the question “Pence, WHO????

• David Collins says:

No, I disagree. The ONLY way Mike Pence could ever be President of the United States would be for Trump to have a fatal heart attack or some other catastrophe. There is NO way the voters would ever vote for such a doofus for President. I know, I know, people will say, “That’s what folks said about Trump”, but there’s a difference. Trump has a personality– one that doesn’t appeal to me, but it does to some people. Pence has about as much charisma or personality as a street sign. Pence as President? Forget about it!

• MARLE says:

This article was about Pence endorsing Hagerty. My comment was about WHY Pence would endorse the person his boss endorsed. DUH ! And it is for political aspirations whether they are viable or not.

I agree with you David about Pence’s charisma and personality that’s why Josh Hawley (Heritage-92%) is my personal favorite for 2024 but frankly it’s Pence’s nomination to lose. He combines the non-threatening demeanor and clean-cut appearance that suburban women seem to find attractive after they age and overcome their physical attraction to “bad boys” and other exotics, he has impeccable conservative credentials that make him OK for right-wing types like myself, he has a serious religiosity that evangelicals can get behind, and as MARLE described, he has been a loyal soldier for Trump which will get the Trumpidians on board. All that with the name recognition that comes from being Vice President, he moves into 2024 as the prohibitive favorite.

That should have read “. . .physical attraction for [not “to”] ‘bad boys’ and other exotics. . . .”

I voted for George Flinn. I’m looking across the table at one of my grandchildren who will live in this cooked goose of a country. She has already survived COVID for the time being.

How is your daughter and son-in-law doing?

Stuart, thank you for asking. They are doing great. You would never know my daughter and her two kids had the virus. They tested negative before coming to visit, of course. My son-in-law got the sickest and for the longest time, but he is out umpiring games now to pick up money. He lost his chef job during his illness. Employer could no longer afford to pay him as business has dropped off so for the high-end restaurant he worked for for 12 years. He wants to go into business for himself now, but, as my little granddaughter says, “the stupid virus” has messed up everything. The kids will not return to school.

I expect everyone in Atlanta, where they live, will get this virus. I would like for them to get out of the hellhole Atlanta became when I lived there.

• Jimmy Wilson says:

Getting an endorsement from Pence is is really nothing to brag about! If it moves the needle at all it is in the negative direction.