Onetime rival Fincher endorses Blackburn in Senate race

U.S. Rep. Marsha Blackburn, the Republican Senate nominee in Tennessee, speaks at a Farm Bureau event in Franklin on Aug. 9, 2018. (Erik Schelzig, Tennessee Journal)

A release from Republican Senate candidate Marsha Blackburn about being endorsed by former U.S. Rep. Stephen Fincher, who dropped out of the race early this year:

Brentwood, TN –  Today, former Congressman Stephen Fincher endorsed Marsha Blackburn for U.S. Senate.

Speaking about his endorsement, Congressman Fincher said, “Marsha Blackburn is strong leader for Tennesseans. We know Phil Bredesen will be a rubber stamp for Democratic leader Chuck Schumer’s agenda, and we need to do everything to maintain the Republican majority Senate. Marsha is the only one who will stand up for our Tennessee values in the Senate, and I am proud to do everything I can to ensure she is our next Senator.“

“Stephen is a respected voice for West Tennessee, and I enjoyed getting to know him and working together for Tennessee families in the House of Representatives, ” said Marsha Blackburn. “I am so grateful to have his support and advice as we work to ensure Tennessee has solid conservative representation in the Senate.”

15 Responses to Onetime rival Fincher endorses Blackburn in Senate race

Well of course he did! Stephen Fincher actually served in the House for six years and he should be and apparently is the last person in the world to be taken in by Operation Distraction being conducted by Bredesen and his liberal supporters. As we can see from this clown show taking place in the Senate, as the liberal Democrats seek to preserve their veto power over the results of elections via the courts and most particularly the Supreme Court the overriding issue in this senate race is control of the senate on which depends the ability of Trump to get his legislation passed and his judicial appointments agreed to.

Without doubt Bredesen will vote to give control of the Senate to the leftist mob we see trying to bloc the Kavanaugh nomination. If you are a leftist of course you will vote for Bredesen. As for the rest, please don’t be distracted.

In a couple of recent studies on alcohol’s effects on the body, even moderate drinking has been shown to cause serious, permanent brain damage and cognitive decline. There is really no safe amount of alcohol. Yet, folks love putting drunks and former drunks in control of our country.

Bush II and Obama are former drunks. Among others. Now we have this drunken slime Kavanaugh the Republicans are intent on placing on the Supreme Court to lord it over the rest of us. This guy is toast, and the Republicans are too stupid to see it.

It would be difficult to find entities more dedicated to self-destruction and obsolescence than the current Republican and Democratic parties. I can only hope a new and better vehicle rises from the ashes, although we will be hopelessly charred by then.

Obama is many things, many of them not good, he occasionally used drugs, but a drunk? Evidence please. As for Kavanaugh, the man has an impeccable record. A drunk? Evidence please.

It so sad that you are somehow blinded by the uncorroborated word of these two leftists women of events that happened over thirty years ago. That you are so ready to do so may say more about your psyche than the psyche of either these two women who have perfectly understandable political motivations. Can’t you see that the leftist Democrats are desperate to hold on to the Supreme Court in order to exercise a veto over the will of the people as expressed by their votes in elections? Why are you so easily duped by the transparent tactics of the leftists? I find your behavior more curious than any of the participants in the Washington clown show.

I have a pretty good “psyche,” Stuart. I’ve never needed any drugs to get by in life. I have deep sympathy and compassion for many who have gotten trapped in alcohol and other drugs. It angers me when others are affected, and I can’t stand the victim wallow that many addicts pull, but I feel for them. I grew up in the Sixties, and my very smart, hard-working father was an alcoholic who died at age 56 from smoking and alcohol after causing deep damage to himself and his family. I tried to help him over many years. I am like Trump in avoiding alcohol because of an alcoholic parent.

I’ve been around the block many times at this point and have turned out to be right about many things. We will see who is the dupe.

Ah, I see where you are getting this booze business regarding Kavanaugh. Indeed, he seems to have been involved with a group who loved to drink during his time as an undergraduate at Yale. Donna, I was involved with a group who loved to drink as an undergraduate, though unfortunately not at Yale. To say that a man who from there went on to law school and received exemplary grades and had numerous responsible positions where his performance was unanimously judged to be outstanding is “this drunken slime” is again simply over the top.

Fincher was the same as Black and as Blackburn. NeoCons.
    Not surprised of his support. Probably not much help, more hurt.

• David Collins says:

The only time in my memory where the Supreme Court exercised veto power over the will of the people in an election setting was in 2000 when they stopped the recount efforts in Florida thereby installing George W Bush as President.

Off the top of my head we have abortions, same-sex marriage, busing to achieve desirable racial mixing, preferences based on race, all liberal fantasies contrary to the will of a sizeable majority of the people of this country thanks to the liberal hold on the Supreme Court. David, perhaps you should ideologically diversify your friends, or at the very least your acquaintances, more in order to get a better perspective on the thinking of your fellow Americans.

In recent polling, an overwhelming majority of Americans favor same-sex marriage rights and do not want Roe v. Wade overturned. The contrary Republicans are the fringe. We will not be going backward on these issues/freedoms. Book it.

You seem to be troubled by the times in which we live. OK, how about this, it’s amazing how quickly people get used to authoritarianism. From the history I have read I have no doubt that Hitler’s National Socialist Party would have emerged as the largest party in the Reichstag in 1933 or 1934 because, you know, Hitler began to cure unemployment, the disruptive demonstrations had ended and law and order was imposed, the currency was stabilized etc.

When the Supreme Court discovered the “right” to abortions, same-sex marriage, etc. these things were opposed by most of the people at the time. That’s what liberals do, you see, when they can’t win elections they complain to their friends on the Supreme Court who discover “rights” to exactly what the liberals want. For the first time in over 80 years liberals are faced with Kavanaugh ascending to the Court and thus losing their last reliable way to impose their will, however undemocratically. That’s why we see leftist women who had some connection to Kavanaugh miraculously sort of resuscitating memories thirty plus years old and liberal Democrats eagerly using them in their ferocious last ditch attempts to stop Kavanaugh’s nomination.

For the leftists in this country this is indeed the bridge to die on. I am so sorry that you find yourself a supporter of their efforts.

• Eddie White says:

I think that approx. 80% of Tennesseans voted to designate marriage as between a man and a woman in our state constitution. The Supreme Court made that vote meaningless.

That “majority” has flipped and is irrelevant anyway because this is a civil rights issue.

Good gosh Donna, “. . .it’s irrelevant because this is a civil rights issue.” Do you ever listen to what you’re saying? So all an authoritarian has to do is label something “a civil rights issue” and the will of the people becomes irrelevant.

If the majority “flips” then let them do so in a free election when both sides have the ability to campaign rather than after an unelected court of justices with a lifetime appointment, or a king with a divine right to rule for a lifetime presents them with an unappealable edict.
          Surely you can see the difference.

• Silence Dogood says:

Donna Locke A recent survey polling over 10,000 registered likely democratic voters revealed that same sex marriage was not generally supported (52% against, 32% for, 15% undecided, 1% too drunk to care). And more importantly, this fallacious poll revealed that anyone can make up stats to suit their argument. Welcome to the world of fake news!!! You are now a member of the MSM.

Silence, several polls–Pew, Gallup, and others–this year and last year support what I wrote above. But you can call them fake if you want. That was for the country as a whole. Much has changed in the past 4 or 5 years. In Tennessee, there is no 80 percent opposing same-sex marriage now. The percentage in opposition has been dropping every year. The polls show that.

As for Stuart, he does not grasp the idea of a constitutional republic. The rights of minorities, and even majorities such as women, are protected in this country even if those rights are way late in being recognized. My grandmothers were not allowed to vote as young female citizens of this country. The wheel turns slowly for many, and freedom never seems to come without a fight.