Mackler blasts GOP opponents for Blackburn tweet

Democratic U.S. Senate candidate James Mackler is criticizing his Republican opponents for being “clones” of Republican Marsha Blackburn, who was elected to the chamber last year. Mackler, a former Army helicopter pilot, took aim at comments Blackburn made about Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, who testified in the congressional impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump.

Blackburn has said she stands by a tweet that stated: “Vindictive Vindman in the ‘whistleblower’s’ handler.” Republican candidates Bill Hagerty and Manny Sethi have defended the president and condemned the House probe.

Mackler closed his law practice after the Sept. 11 terror attacks to join the Army. He spent three years as a Black Hawk helicopter pilot for the 101st Airborne Division, which included a deployment to Iraq. He later served as a military prosecutor for the Judge Advocate General Corps.

22 Responses to Mackler blasts GOP opponents for Blackburn tweet

• Tim Skow says:

Mr. Mackler = to a yawn ….

No more.
    No less

He is right about ONE thing, The two R’s running are Neocon Blackburn clones.

Another Senator from Tennessee, simply a clone of Marsha Blackburn (Heritage-85%)! Thank-you Mr. Mackler, for that is a beautiful thought for Thanksgiving. Alas, with a choice between centrist/tepid conservative Bill Hagerty, and No Record/Apparent Centrist/TC Chairman Manny Sethi, it is not to be.

• Perry Aubric says:

You know Stuart, I suppose you are one of maybe 20 people in Tennessee, if that many, who give a tinker’s dam about some artificial, meaningless “score” from a right wing advocacy group. But good for you, to keep pushing it here nonetheless, desperately trying to make it relevant

Mackler, a good man from what I can see, has little chance of winning this Senate seat. That being said, he is right about Blackburn’s stupid tweet. You right-wingers wave that flag and honor our veterans and revere their service–until one of them turns out to disagree with your myopic regressive political world view. Then you attack that veteran, demean his service, and dishonor his valor. Shameful.

You’re sure that’s “maybe 20,” not maybe 19 or maybe 21 but “maybe 20.” The time you must spend polling to come up with stuff like that, all of us are indebted to you. Nevertheless, for the “maybe 20” of us who are interested in a standard that allows us to compare Marsha (Heritage-85%), with Lamar (Heritage-52%) to some of our lesser known members of Congress like David Kustoff (Heritage-88%) and will he ever retire Phil Roe (Heritage-71%) I will, with pleasure, “keep pushing it.”

• MARLE says:

Heritage, once a barometer of conservative thought, is now a tool of politics. Nothing about the ’17 tax cuts upheld fiscal conservative thought, but those who voted for it got another couple ” heritage-points”.

Stuart needs Heritage Scores. Thinking conservatives reject them. They are meaningless to those with sufficient IQ and time to think things through for themselves.

Heritage gives Marsha a lifetime rating of 85%, the Club For Growth gives her an 88% and the American Conservative Union a 95.74%. They’re all “tool[s] of politics” for the unthinking insists the all-knowing MARLE who with a gimlet eye watches these damn politicians and knows better.

It may just be me but I can’t recall MARLE speaking approvingly of anybody in public office so on the MARLE Scorecard they all are in single digits apparently. On the other hand, I am on the 2019 political spectrum along with the Heritage Action, the CFG, and the ACU so I will simply stick with them rather than use the MARLE Scorecard.

• Phil Lassiter says:

Perry=yawn

No more

No less

• Leslie Parsley says:

Blackburn’s comment was her worst yet. She is blinded with ignorance and disloyalty to the country, the constitution and her constituents. She and all the other traitors who support her should be forced into outdoor cages to live the rest of their miserable lying lives.

It’s so refreshing to get the calm well thought out voices from the left. With people like Leslie in their camp I can see why liberals have nothing much better to do than warn about the voices of intolerance coming from the “far right.”

• Silence Dogood says:

Anyone, please read Mackler’s Twitter feed from above. Leslie fits right in. Seriously deranged views are the order of the day at Mackler Central. Fascism at its finest. Enduring the Obama years with civility has had no payoff for Conservatives. We need adjust to that reality.

I agree but we have to be careful to fine tune our response. We needn’t be rabid like Leslie but on the other hand we mustn’t declare that we “don’t believe in boycotts” in response to Chick-fil-a’s lurch to the left as though passive capitulation to leftist aggression was some sort of religious belief. Easy to say; tough to do.

• MARLE says:

She is blinded by one thing only…..re-election. Over and Over and Over and …………………………………

Which is a good description of exactly what is going to happen for as long as Marsha chooses to run!

• MARLE says:

Because of her outstanding heritage score, no doubt. Have you read Animal Farm? Trump is Napoleon; I just can’t decide which of the bleating barnyard animals Marsha is.

• Silence Dogood says:

I am a Veteran and “Mr. Vindman” is not a patriot in my eyes. Senator Blackburn called it right. I know his kind of butt kissing fake patriot ways all too well from when I was in the military. This country continues honoring the Vindmans and prosecuting the Gallagher’s so we are still in deep trouble in the military. And “buh bye” congrats to President Trump over that weasel Spencer. What a coward Spencer had become. And Leslie….. See you at the polls!!!!

• Perry Aubric says:

When did you get your Purple Heart?

• Silence Dogood says:

That is Lieutenant Dogood to you, Perry. BTW, John McCain was a prisoner of war before he was a P.O.S. politician. Some people lose their nerve after serving in the military. Some sell their souls for the adoration of the wrong folks and money after leaving. But once a hero is not always a hero. Vindman, Spencer, and McCain may have started out as patriots, but like Judas Iscariot did, they betrayed their sacred trust. And it is costing them.

• HELLO…. WAKE UP… There are more candidates for the Republican side than Hag and Set. Yet the Fake Media continue to limit… and create their own narrative. I announced 2-weeks ago. I am the ONLY one who has run this race before. I am the ONLY one who has a conservative record having been the Statewide Issues and Platform Chairman of the Rep Party, the ONLY one who has represented TN Reps at two of the GOP Nat’l Conventions, the ONLY one who is taking on JUDICIAL CORRUPTION in this state, running Ads on TV calling for INVESTIGATION and IMPEACHMENT of 2 CORRUPT sitting judges, Judge James Martin and Appellate Judge Frank Clement who have DECEIVED the TN Court bringing FRAUD UPON THE COURT… and will take that FIGHT to Washington… the ONLY one doing more than just running around smiling, shaking hands and kissing butts… But even though the Press Release went out… it was ignored. But I promise you WE WILL BE HEARD. WE ALREADY ARE… HELLO…..