In a brief interview with Fox News, posted on the Republican Governors Association website, Gov. Bill Haslam declares U.S. Senate candidate Marsha Blackburn “a great friend and supporter” and says he will host a fundraiser for her next month.

Asked whether former governors make good U.S. senators, he says “most governors I know” who became senators “wind up being a little frustrated.” Blackburn’s presumptive November opponent, of course, is former Democratic Gov. Phil Bredesen. And one of the former governors he knows who became a senator is Tennessee’s Lamar Alexander.

Haslam is the current RGA chairman – “by default,” the interviewer suggests – and also says that Republicans face a difficult year in gubernatorial elections around the nation, though not specifically referring to Tennessee, and “we need to go into this with our eyes wide open and be alert.”

6 Responses to Haslam to host Blackburn fundraiser; sees difficult year for GOP in governor races

Two peas in a pod.

Not nearly, its simply that Marsha is conservative enough for me, but not conservative enough to drive centrists/tepid conservatives who simply can’t abide Chuck Schumer and his band of leftists away.

• Lance Persson says:

If voters will carefully learn where about BILL LEE and where he stands on all the issues
    , they will vote for him. He is not indebted to politicians, has fresh ideas and has integrity. Can’t say that about any of the others. GET THE FACTS and don’t be swayed by political speeches which only talk in generalities.

• Tommy Ray McAnally says:

Bill Lee is another with BIG MONEY and ain’t going to help anyone below his WEALTH I don’t care what he speaks on. It would be astonishing to see who actually writes these speeches for Lee,Blackburn,Black,Dean,Floyd.Friizbugh probably a history student at BELMONT. People of the MIDDLE CLASS BE CERTAIN THAT NONE of the mentioned will zEVER address or help you. IT will another four year of Haslam you will see NO change. Also, anybody but JUDD MATHENY.

• Annie says:

I am trying to research all candidates (for not only myself, but for an assisted living community). I see you complaining, but I don’t find a bio, I don’t see your priorities should you be elected Governor and I don’t see where you stand on issues. So, Tommy Ray McAnally, I think you’re pointing a blank gun at folks…all talk.

• Tommy Ray McAnally says:

Hey, Perrson you need to get your HEAD out of the SAND also. If think for a second that any of the candidates you see on TV all REAL you are in another world. They are all TALK before election and forgetful after the race. After the race, it’s all about the LOBBYIST,BIG MONEY AND SPECIAL INTEREST. IF you believe them then you have MONEY no COMMON SENSE. Also, anybody but JUDD MATHENY.