Harwell’s latest ad touts support for medical marijuana

Republican gubernatorial candidate Beth Harwell has a launched a new TV ad touting herself as the only Republican gubernatorial candidate who supports legalizing medical marijuana in Tennessee.

“I am the only Republican candidate for governor who supports legalizing doctor-prescribed medical cannabis,” she said. “Many suffer: veterans, children with seizures, cancer patients, our elderly. I just know if were my loved one, I would want this option.”

Harwell notes in the ad that President Donald Trump agrees, showing footage of the president saying “I think medical should happen, right? Don’t we agree?”

Harwell concludes the ad by saying: “Opioids must not be our only option for those in pain.”

Here’s the full ad:

18 Responses to Harwell’s latest ad touts support for medical marijuana

• Keith says:

About time this should of never been a issue. Opioid pill are not the cure to pain cannabis is a lot more efficient with no side effects. Oil and flower need to be legal if you want the most effective pain relief in smoking pain relief and sleep. It’s legal in over 20 state’s more states are making it as we speak. Will Tennessee be at the back seat taking bribery money from big Pharmacy to keep the opioid problem active in our great state . Sure decades ago it was beat in our minds it was deadly and addictive gateway drug . Back then they found it had possible health care but money and greed pushed for phrobition . Besides the federal government still sends out to a handful of patients a tin can with 200 rolled joints. Yet it federal law

No Dope !

• Leela says:

Cannabis is not dope it is a plant with 300 different elements that when used properly will aid in the reduction and relief of pain, Grand maul seizures, has been shown to reduce tumors and in proper application gives relief to stress. Plus the one indisputable fact….no one have ever died from the use of cannabis. Sure can’t say that about opioids or many of the other prescription drugs allowed by FDA.

• Bob Fischer says:

Like I’ve said, Harwell is the only sane Republican running.

• Tennessee Jed says:

So glad I voted for her. She is the conservative leadership this state needs.

So sorry you voted for Beth because she’s simply not going to be our next governor and by doing so you made yourself a nonfactor in the struggle to have our next governor be ANYBODY BUT BOYD. Hopefully other conservatives who are about to vote for Harwell will now wait and become a combatant in the ANYBODY BUT BOYD struggle by voting August 2nd for the candidate most likely to defeat Randy!.

Don’t just take it from me. Here’s a test. If you are a conservative, anytime you are about to vote for the favorite candidate of far left Bob Fischer you know you are about to do something very wrong so please STOP and think again.

• Tennessee Jed says:

As a good orange-blooded Vol, I have never liked swamp-dwelling creatures like gators and snakes. I really hope, for your sake, that you’re favorite swamp-dwelling gubernatorial candidate creatures don’t bite you in the behind and drag you into the muddy water when this is all said and done.

• Concerned in TN says:

Are you joking we dont want diane black no one could care about boyd hes a non factor

• Bob Fischer says:

Hey comrade! When is the Kremlin going to let you talk about issues. I’m not far left, I’m a 41 year Teamster that gets up every day and makes this country work so deadbeats like you can shill for Putin. I do more work every week than you’ve done in your life. I’ve produced literally tens of millions of dollars in wealth. If wanting a functioning government makes me the target of republican abuse, so be it. I’m a union laborer and I’ve earned my way for probably longer than you’ve been alive.

And I know the difference between rhetoric and issues. All you and the candidates you support have is hot air.

• dwight A dugger says:

awesome

• Phil Lassiter says:

Opportunist

• Leela says:

• Disgruntled Republican. says:

Anyone but Black. Preferably a Tennessean.

• Disgruntled Republican. says:

If you truly want medical cannabis. Then you should vote for a Democrat. Me personally. I’m for anyone other than Black.

• Misty Pardner says:

Stick a fork in her, she’s done.

• Lee Otts says:

She supports pharmaceutical oils with a low thc cap. This will be pills and lotions not what will help anything. This is pandering at its finest.

• Pingback: Harwell Campaign 'Goes to Pot' with New Ad - Tennessee Star

• T. Angus says:

Dian Blacks husband has ties to pharmaceutical companies. Hence her harsh ignorance on weed.
    Just follow the money.