Harwell appears on Fox News

Beth Harwell appeared on Fox News over the weekend to promote her Republican gubernatorial bid and to liken herself to President Donald Trump.

“We’ve been able to do here in Tennessee under my leadership as speaker what president Trump is trying to do for America,” she said. “We’ve lowered taxes for all Tennesseans, we’re the lowest-taxed state in the national. We have ended sanctuary cities. And so of course we have a lot in common, but I believe I have the proven performance and the results that conservatives in the state of Tennessee want.”

Harwell also downplayed the significance of Pence’s recent reiteration of his endorsement of Diane Black in the race.

“I certainly understand Congressman Black has a lot of support in Washington, D.C. She’s been there for quite some time. And I, on the other hand, have always kept my eyes focused on the great state of Tennessee,” she said. “I believe that President Trump is right: If we’re going to solve our problems, our domestic problems, it wont’ happen in Washington, D.C., it will happen here in Tennessee. And I am ready to be right person to serve in the governorship.”

7 Responses to Harwell appears on Fox News

• Phil Lassiter says:

She is the polar opposite of Trump. The President is decisive, independent, trustworthy, intelligent and courageous. Don’t get mad at the messenger.

• David Collins says:

Really Phil? Trump is “decisive”–he has flip-flopped on numerous issues. “Independent”–he can’t make a decision without asking Hannity. “Trustworthy”– it has been documented that he has publicly lied over 3000 times since taking office. “Intelligent”– the man admittedly has not read a book in years and gets all his “news” from television. “Courageous”– the man got over five deferments to avoid serving in the military. Yeah, Harwell is the opposite of Trump–just not for the reasons you set forth.

• Misty Pardner says:

Too little too late, Madam Speaker.

• Susan Wall says:

I believe that some of you who regularly post here are going to be surprised on Thursday. Speaker Harwell is much stronger than you think.

• Tennessee Jed says:

Harwell > D.C. Diane

• R. Sanders says:

I’ve known BHH since 1988. I’ve said for at least 15 years she would run for governor. I’ve alwSys respected her. She would be tough, partisan but as my late friend, The Honorable Shelby A. Rhinehaty said to me… “ You can trust and work with Beth”. Now, I have no more respect for her. If she wants to be like Comrafe Trump, et al and align herself with “make Russia great again”

• Phil Lassiter says:

Opportunist. I am the one with the best discription oh her.