Happy Thanksgiving from assorted Tennessee politicos

Happy Thanksgiving from The Tennessee Journal. And, as Twitter reminds us, from an assortment of public officials and those aspiring to join their ranks:

12 Responses to Happy Thanksgiving from assorted Tennessee politicos

• Phil Lassiter says:

What’s happy when we are taxed to death and lied to about roads?

• Perry Aubric says:

You live in one of the lowest tax states in America, and if your life is miserable because a road hasn’t been fixed, you are truly sad. Seek counseling.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of these folks, too, to everyone reading this post, and to your families, regardless of your political views–which don’t have to taint every aspect of our lives. You too, Phil.

• Phil Lassiter says:

You’re a left wing hypocrite, Lofti. People know

Phil is right, Fix the Roads.

• Cannoneer2 says:

The roads that the Important People use ARE getting fixed! (I-440 and I-65 South)

I drove through the road construction mess between Shelbyville and Tullahoma twice today. Hadn’t been through there in three years. My husband and I couldn’t believe it is isn’t finished. Nowhere near finished. The thing has been torn up for construction for at least five years, maybe more. I used to travel that road frequently. More lanes were not needed on that country road. Somebody got a big payoff.

• Silence Dogood says:

Happy Thanksgiving, All!

I rescued a feral mother cat and her two kittens right before Thanksgiving. They are in my house in a warm place with love and good food. They had the best Thanksgiving of all.

The cats are the only ones here who had turkey on Thanksgiving. Fancy Feast. You can do Thanksgiving without meat for the humans. We do it every year and don’t miss it. Just mentioning that for thought. You gotta have cornbread dressing, though.

I don’t eat meat or foul either. No big deal, I think people should eat what they want, however, I do eat fish. My eating habits are based on the fact that I don’t eat my fellow animals or anything that is cute like birds. I can’t swim nor do I want to so I can’t identify with fish so yesterday I ate some delicious lobster tail without any pangs of conscience. Why don’t you eat meat?

That’s “fowl” not “foul.” English is one tough language.

Hi Stuart. For conscience reasons, I don’t eat meat. I don’t believe in killing sentient beings for food or sport. I’m not a vegan. I eat dairy and eggs.

I became vegetarian at age 21, decades ago, but I still miss bacon if I smell it frying. I used to be kind of insufferable about it, asking family and restaurant servers if the vegetables were cooked with meat. I had to give up on that because this is, after all, the South. I just do the best I can with it.

I was raised on white soup beans and cornbread and a lot of vegetables. I didn’t eat steak until I was in my late teens when my aunt brought a leftover T-bone home from the restaurant where she was working. We happened to be at her house, and all of us sawed off a piece and tried it. We didn’t have that kind of thing, normally. Because of what I grew up eating, I knew I didn’t need meat to survive and be healthy.

I’ve been involved in animal welfare activities for a long time. I do think people are healthier, too, if they avoid meat. Males have to work at getting enough protein, however, particularly if they don’t drink milk. Have to get the right combinations of amino acids.