Hagerty launches his first TV ad of Senate race

Republican Senate candidate Bill Hagerty has launched his first TV ad of the campaign. The spot highlights President Donald Trump’s endorsement of Hagerty and criticizes the ongoing impeachment proceedings as an effort by Democrats to “steal the next election.”

Here’s a transcript of the spot, which The Tennessean reports is running on cable stations Fox and CNBC.

Narrator: The Washington liberals have wanted to impeach President Trump since day one of his presidency. They know they can’t beat Trump at the ballot box, so they’re trying to steal the next election. We deserve better.

Bill Hagerty: I’m Bill Hagerty. It’s time for the impeachment sham and witch hunt to come to an end. I’m proud to be endorsed by President Trump, and I’m ready to take on the Do Nothing Democrats and put America first. I’m Bill Hagerty. I approve this message because enough is enough.

29 Responses to Hagerty launches his first TV ad of Senate race

More Deep State ahead. Perhaps President Trump will see through the facade and change is endorsement to NO !

• LeeAnn C. says:

I’m curious to know if you’ve met the Ambassador? Seems many draw conclusions based upon other’s ideas.

I have not met the man. But he did work under G.H.W. Bush (who is CFR real Deep State) and Mitt and Jeb Bush (insiders) and he was in the State Department (DEEP STATE). I haven’t determined if the US State Department or the CIA hate America more. It is a toss up, full of socialists one worlders. Just like the so called “Free” trade agreements (which Hagerty was going to be point man on the issues), they want an Un-elected bureaucracy controlling all aspect of foreign entanglements.
        But hey He is a Republican.

• LeeAnn C. says:

You should meet him. And you should meet Dr. Sethi. I think everyone should make every effort to meet the candidates. They are very accessible during the campaign. If you’ve ever been in the position of hiring employees, you know that you get a different impression of that individual in person than by simply reading their resume. Same for political candidates. They are flesh and blood, real human beings, have real family members.

I couldn’t disagree more LeeAnn. We aren’t looking for pledges for our social fraternity/sorority. Personal attractiveness be it physical or in the form of personality is mostly besides the point. After the campaign begins what you are hearing from the candidates is campaignspeak carefully crafted by professional campaign consultants from polls carefully done by professional pollsters most of whom will be packed and off to market themselves for the next election in two years probably before the candidates in the current election give their victory/concession speeches. Maybe, psephology is your profession or hobby so the contest between campaign gurus Chris Devaney vs. Ward Baker in the current U. S. Senate race fascinates. Sorry, I’ll pass.

Why not save the time and effort and simply look at the candidates’ POLITICAL record. Nowhere for them to run and nowhere for them to hide if you do so. Hagerty has a long political record going back to the early 1990’s of being a most centrist/tepid conservative Republican. Chairman Manny has an anemic political record of being a Republican establishment hanger-on. From those slim pickings a conservative like me can only pick the candidate he least wants to be his U.S. Senator, in my case it’s the Chairman. If you’re at all of an ideological bent LeeAnn, its their record, the campaign is basically noise.

• MARLE says:

Physical appearance is Beside the Point????……when I first started posting here and expressed dismay about Marsha’s positions on “things” you offered to introduce me to her so I could see how physically lovely, not to mention charming, she was.

What a hypocrite, Stuart! Or maybe you’ve been mistakenly pulling the lever thinking you were voting for fraternity sweetheart.

MARLE, Marsha’s redeeming quality was always her conservatism even though it was rhetorically more uncompromising than it was in actuality. Her Heritage rating was mired in the low to mid 70’s for years before it gradually rose higher so that when she ran for the Senate it was in the low 80’s I believe. Her relative physical attractiveness and her speaking ability didn’t hurt, to be sure, but it was her relative conservatism that always was her selling point with me. If I did mention her physical attractiveness to you I’m sure it was an aside meant to annoy you a goal which I believe I successfully achieved.

• MARLE says:

Your remarks about Marsha were not annoying (so big fail there if that was your intent). They are just insights into the author and they get filed away for times such as these when you show yourself to be hypocritical. “Physical appearance” admonishments and the like !

Absolutely James, he will become a James Whiteist and reject all Republicans so right-of-center voters will stay home so he will then lose the election or if he wins he will face a Democratic Congress. Good thinking James, I bet he wished he had thought of that.

• Not Stuart Anderson says:

“Do Nothing Democrats?” Hah, that’s a good one. How many bills has the House sent to the Senate only to be ignored by the GOP-held Senate? I think 300 was the last number I saw. The narrative the Repulicans are spinning that the impeachment has held up the work of Congress is just plain contradicted by the facts.

I feel sorry for Hagerty. He think he has to adopt this extremist vision of Republicanism in order to win. Hagerty was a Baker/Pre-Trump Lamar! Republican until about a day before he decided to run. A pragmatic, real Republican can still win in TN.

• LeeAnn C. says:

The key might be exactly what those ‘held up’ bills propose for the American people! I’m actually not all that upset to hear Congress is slowed on passing new laws! Now, if we could just get them to stop SOENDING!

Sure can NSA, just so long as he pretends to be a red meat throwing conservative in order to fool conservatives who don’t pay as much attention as they should. Remember those adds with that car dealership owner (NOT the sainted Lee Beaman) who told voters about “. . .Lamar that down-home Tennessee conservative. . . ” Enter the person who you are not to warn conservatives of such things.

OK, Bill, that’s the ticket, don’t insult voters intelligence by talking about being that conservative zealot that your lengthy record shows you are not. Leave it to Chuck Devaney who has his client Chairman Manny playacting being this table-pounding “conservative outsider.” Time to reward the Chairman for trying to fool all of the people all of the time by voting against Chairman Manny by voting for Hagerty.

• Beatrice Shaw says:

Will Haggerty make school free and expand medicare in TN? That’s the only way he will get my vote.

• Beatrice Shaw says:

Governor Lee just signed a law giving protection to adoption agencies that don’t allow gay adoptions!!!! This man is bipolar!!!!

Since a liberal like yourself surely wouldn’t dream of voting Republican in the general election, I assume that thanks to the Republican Toadying Ten you are going to join the 10% – 15% of the other Democrats who vote in most Republican primaries by trying to pick the “wettest” Republican on the ballot. Since you would have no interest in voting against Chairman Manny for being a conservative poseur, you’re trying to decide who is the most liberal between Hagerty of Establishment Central Casting and Sethi, Chairman of the 2016 Establishment’s Statesmen’s Dinner. Gosh, Beatrice I don’t envy you trying to make that determination it’s simply too tough for me.

• Jason Wallflower says:

Hagerty doesn’t have the steam. He only raised 1.5 million this past quarter. He should have raised way more than that in a full quarter.

• John says:

Considering how high the expectation of him winning has been, $1.5 million is pretty pathetic. We may have a real primary fight.

Surely you guys aren’t concerned about Bill Hagerty having enough money are you? If polling shows that the Chairman is seriously challenging him Hagerty will suddenly have all the money he needs to slap the annoyance away. One should never annoy the candidate from Establishment Central Casting.

• John says:

If Bill Lee can beat Diane Black and Randy Boyd, Manny can beat Hagerty.

• Jason Wallflower says:

Not saying that Manny will win necessarily, but 1.5 million is just not where the expectation was for Hagerty. He should have blown the doors off his first full quarter and didn’t. May need to shake up the team over there.

John, Rev. Gov. Lee was foisted on us as a result of a four candidate race where getting 37% in this no runoff state was enough to win thanks to too many conservatives not paying close enough attention. Of course, as you can see reading the responses on this blog since Lee’s immigration fiasco there are many who made up that 37% that are already sorely regretting their vote. Now Chris Devaney who was Lee’s campaign chairman and is also Chairman Manny’s campaign chairman is attempting to make lightning strike twice in a head to head matchup with yet another No Record Candidate. I say enough conservatives who are disgusted with Rev. Gov. Lee won’t let Devaney fool them again with yet another No Record Candidate but we’ll see.

• Perry Aubric says:

Stuart, you seem to make the same point over and over again to the point of being tedious. You may be right about Sethi. But it appears to me that you have a personal beef of some kind against Devaney. Is there some animus between the two of you?

No Perry, I don’t know Devaney and I don’t dislike people on a personal basis who I don’t know. Devaney is a hired gunslinger who will be off marketing himself to the next client for the 2022 election cycle perhaps before the victory/concession speeches are made in this election. Indeed, in 2022 he may be working for a candidate that I support and my contributions may help pay his fee. Finally, like most people who regularly respond on this blog I make the same point to articles that make the same point. After all, if you notice, there is a certain repetition in politics and has been since the candidates were Adams and Jefferson. Of course, as a reader you can always decide to concern yourself with sports, the stock market, or hundreds of other things if you get bored or skip my responses if I’ve become too monotonous.

• Perry Aubric says:

Oh, I do that regularly.

• Pingback: Tuesday, January 28

• Phil Lassiter says:

There are plenty of people that aren’t worried about the last election but just this one. Memories are 3-7 months max with the general public unless the media reminds them. The media controls the election cycle so I’d suggest that you ask the media to focus on whoever you want to win. Once again-just more truth