Green looks to raise money off ‘storming’ impeachment hearings he had access to

As a member of the House Oversight and Reform Committee, U.S. Rep. Mark Green (R-Ashland City) has access to closed-door hearings in the congressional impeachment inquiry of President Donald Trump. That didn’t stop him from joining 40 Republican colleagues in barging into a secure hearing room where the hearings were taking place on Wednesday.

According to the Washington Post, 13 of those joining the protest were GOP members who, like Green, serve on committees giving them access to the hearings.

But in a fundraising appeal sent out Thursday, Green says “my colleagues and I have been barred from accessing certain testimonies.”

“That’s why yesterday, my colleagues and I stormed the committee rooms where they are conducting the depositions in secret,” he said. “And, unsurprisingly, Shifty Adam Schiff wouldn’t let us in.”

It’s unclear why Green would have been blocked from a hearing he has authorization to attend.

“I need you to join me in standing with President Trump,” Green writes. “Will you chip in $25 today to help me continue to fight for the truth?”

45 Responses to Green looks to raise money off ‘storming’ impeachment hearings he had access to

No Money to NeoCons or those that support the Fake News crowd.

• Beatrice Shaw says:

Money!!

• Lance Persson says:

Nothing like an unbiased report. Why not give us a report on WHY the meetings are closed and why standard procedures are not followed. Could it be that news like that would be good for your hidden agenda.

• Jonathan Swift says:

They ARE following standard procedures, the same procedures and access restrictions that Republicans have followed in the past when they were the majority. Complaints like this are more typical Republican hypocrisy.

• Sharon Vernon says:

The latest reports say that he has access to SOME of the docs not ALL. Apparently they still don’t have access to the Volker testimony. Which seems important if we’re building a case on impeachment on that, don’t you think.

• Stan says:

Not to mention these rules were put in place by John Bayner. WTH is wrong w the GOP. Are all the supporters stupid or just plain brainwashed.

• Phil Lassiter says:

Maroon

• MARLE says:

Trey Gowdy (R-SC) is one of Trumps favorites and Trey said that closed meetings are always more productive because they do not devolve into the media circus with politicians playing to the cameras. So that is one reason, productivity, that was cited by a Trump darling. And closed meetings are following the rules.

• Bob Fischer says:

Comments like this are why most thinking people think conservatives are idiots.

• Misty Pardner says:

Shameless.

• David Collins says:

Mark Green strikes me as one of those individuals who has to be the center of attention (not an unusual trait for a politician). You know the type, one of those people who when they attend a funeral are jealous of the corpse.

Mark is one of Tennessee’s two congressmen who are members of the House Freedom Caucus so this article reminded me that I hadn’t checked Mark’s Heritage Action score in a while because I had every confidence that it was high. When I checked I was elated to find – 100%. PERFECT!!!!!

After about two-thirds of one session of congress its a bit early for me to submit nominations for the Conservative Hall of Fame but when I think about our current U. S.senate race I can’t help but shed a tear over what could have been.

• MARLE says:

Didn’t he just show up in Congress 9 months ago? How many key votes on conservative matters have been cast? None on taxes. Nothing on immigration reform. I suppose he is for increasing the deficit and debt…..is that now a feather in one’s conservative cap?

Yes and all Republicans will have better scores, espcially on taxes, as all they have to do is vote against the majority (Democrats). And these votes are a rue, as they for just for a difference in the amount of spending never to End spending on a bill.

• MARLE says:

Heritage, if it ever was a reliable barometer for judging conservatives, has lost its way. It is now just a shorthand for who’s least left-leaning and something to toss out there when conservatives candidates are expected to defend their positions on immigration, taxation, debt/deficit, trade etc. It’s a piece of duct tape meant to muffle the voices of those who raise questions.

Unfortunately, all too often Republicans vote for centrists and tepid conservatives when a viable conservative choice is available or, like in our current U. S. senate race, there is no conservative choice available. With the Democrats moving farther left the center of gravity in the Congress is relatively left and legislation that is voted upon in Congress reflects that center of gravity so Heritage Action, which is simply grading based on the votes in Congress, is sadly reduced to publishing scores that in many ways are simply “. . .a shorthand for who’s least left-leaning. . . .”

• MARLE says:

The diminished value Heritage, reduced to being barely capable of identifying only the best horse in the glue factory, is reason enough to tout it infrequently…..and by that I mean next to never.

I couldn’t disagree more! Heritage continues to be invaluable in its ability to shine a light on the voting records of members of congress and that’s why many members of congress hate it so much. Gone are the days when congressmen and senators can go off to Washington and in the case of Republicans be lackeys of the Chamber/Business Round Table then come back home and tell their constituents what stalwart conservatives they have been. Thanks to Heritage conservatives know Alexander was totally worthless and Corker was semi-worthless, while we anxiously await the retirement of Phil Roe, etc.

It is true the Heritage scores aren’t useful to everyone. James is totally off the political grid so to speak so he can’t ever support any candidate that has the slightest chance of winning in any election so he therefore can’t use any scoring device. Even you MARLE seem to be quick to criticize everyone for any deviation from what you regard as rectitude and I can’t ever recall you actually supporting ANYONE in, or running for, elective office. Perhaps “scoring” devices based on actual officeholders casting actual votes are not for you either. As for me, I am proud to be a financial contributor to both Heritage and Heritage Action and I will continue to publicize the lifetime scores of our senators and representatives so that as many voters as possible know EXACTLY what we have representing us in Washington.

Stuart, How could Heritage not give Mark a bad score on this vote?:
            Dr. Green voted for the U.S. Tax payers to pay for Europe’s energy solution to get away from Putin’s Russia. Yes he voted for US to pay for their Solar panels, windmills, smart grid, and gas pipe lines. European Energy Security and Diversification Act, H.R.1616

Heritage is a mainstream conservative organization, as such its positions reflect the fact that it believes that Russia continues to be an expansionist country as it was under the Tsars and the Soviet Union. Once you conclude that then NATO’s continue rationale for existence and our participation in it to avoid European wars becomes almost axiomatic.

The legislation that you referred to is intended to make our NATO allies less dependent on Russian energy and hence subject to Russian blackmail. That’s the basic motivation. Now I have to admit, subsidizing inefficient alternatives to fossil fuels doesn’t thrill me and I haven’t followed this closely enough to be able to promise you that we are not simply bribing rich European countries to do what we think they should be doing but are themselves reluctant to do. At the end of the day, Heritage is perhaps a little more globalist than me and I more nationalist than it.

So how can your keep Trusting Heritage? Did they read somewhere in the constitution that Congress can take our money and do this? NO, it ain’t in there. So the whole premise of their scores are skewed to some weird algorithm?

You keep on fighting for our interpretation of the constitution which differs markedly from the interpretation of the constitution that is followed by the judiciary TODAY. Heritage scores acknowledges the current interpretation of the constitution while taking positions that seek to move that interpretation back to where we want to be. It’s a difficult tightrope to walk sometimes but anyone who wants to move the country in a more conservative direction must walk it if they want to be politically effective and be of any practical consequence.

I understand that you want to keep the flame of strict interpretation of the constitution alive damn the practical political consequences. I have no problem with that, but I’m afraid that train left the station back in the 1930’s and it has not returned as yet so I simply choose to use the Heritage scores to accomplish something today if only to beat back the increasingly authoritarian-left policy prescriptions of today’s Democratic Party.

I haven’t given up.

• Cannoneer2 says:

Not only did he just show up, he’s already looking around for the next greatest office to go after.

An ambitious politician, what a rarity! That’s OK. It’s only when No Record Candidates appear audaciously seeking the “greatest” of offices, like Chairman Manny, that we should reject their candidacies almost out of hand.

NeoCon Green was once a “No Record Candidate” and look has his Anti-Constitution record.

There’s a subtle difference between Mark and Chairman Manny’s initial candidacy that you missed. Mark was a No Record Candidate when he ran for the STATE Senate back in 2012. Chairman Manny is a No Record Candidate running for the U. S. Senate in 2020.

You see James there are only 100 U. S. Senators so each one of them has a very important job, a job much more important than one of our 33 state senators. So while I’m not thrilled electing a No Record Candidate state senator, I’m appalled electing a No Record Candidate Governor or U. S. Senator, especially when he is running a flimflam campaign as a “conservative-outsider” when he apparently is neither.

Mark Green voted for: H.R.676 – NATO Support Act . I suppose he supports the UN running our military and supports ‘perpetual war for perpetual peace’ aka the Military Industrial Complex.
    Yeah Neocon to the bone!
    Green voted FOR the UnConstitutional H.R.1327 – Never Forget the Heroes: James Zadroga, Ray Pfeifer, and Luis Alvarez Permanent Authorization of the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund Act .
    And he voted for perpetual war, Again.
    BILL TITLE: Opposing the decision to end certain United States efforts to prevent Turkish military operations against Syrian Kurdish forces in Northeast Syria war.
    QUESTION: On Motion to Suspend the Rules and Pass
    H J RES 77 2/3 YEA-AND-NAY 16-Oct-2019 2:44 PM

I see the Heritage group must obvious be Deep State too !

• Pingback: Friday, October 25

• Eddie White says:

Green is a conservative, not a Libertarian. There is a difference.

Unfortunately, there is someone who rather than present his own arguments using his own name has chosen to do so using mine. Of course by doing so he making conversation around here more difficult which is sad.

How could the Heritage not count this vote as bad?

• MARLE says:

Because Heritage, if it ever was a reliable barometer of conservative thought, has lost its way and is simply a flawed shorthand for those who want to offer a lame substitute for informed analysis.

• Erik Schelzig says:

Folks, I’ve deleted the comments from someone using Stuart Anderson’s name but a different email address. The commenting rules for this blog are fairly lax: Don’t lob personal attacks against other commenters and don’t impersonate others.

• MARLE says:

For those who need a mental crutch I say “by all means” use. But increasingly it serves no useful purpose for the already informed.

• Kyle Mallory says:

Erik Schelzig is about the biggest fake news guy in TN. Let me set the record straight…even committee members from committees allowed in have been restricted from hearing some of the testimony and all republican members have been told they can not get copies of most of the previous testimonies. Leave it to Schelzig to twist the truth …again. He hates Green

I don’t know why, but for some reason, one of my favorite Neal Boortz quotes has been running through my mind.

“After Democrats, alien life would be a snap.”

Our government operates by swapping favors and information with foreign nations. Always has. We’re paying off much of the world just to behave. Trump may want, surely does want, information on the Bidens for personal reasons, but, and some of this has been reported, Biden behavior seems to spill over into national security issues. I’d be finding out more, too.

• MARLE says:

Obama offered Hillary, after her defeat by him, her dream job. It showed the world that the Clintons, though defeated, were still big political players. The job put her in the presence of oligarphs, potentates and dictators with hundreds of millions to donate to the Clinton Crime Family Foundation.

Trump said, on stage, in front of the world in the ’16 election “If I were president you’d be in jail”. Then just 2 weeks post election he made the announcement “I have no interest in investigating Hillary; she has suffered enough”.

Does this sound like a man hell bent in rooting out corruption ? Ukraine was corrupt and the world knew it in ’17 when we sent aid AND in ’18 when we sent aid. Not until Biden announced for President did corruption in Ukraine become a focus for Trump.

What’s the Rep congressmen’s explanation for the timing of all of this. And what was Guiliani doing in the background to lay the ground work for the “perfect” phone call?

• Sharon Vernon says:

This makes me proud we should all stand with him