Former GOP executive committee member indicted

Kelsey Ketron, a former member of the executive committee of the Tennessee Republican Party and daughter of Rutherford County Mayor Bill Ketron, has been indicted.

The Daily News Journal of Murfreesboro reports Kelsey Ketron was arrested on three sealed indictments (UPDATE: the indictments were later unsealed. See below). She was being held a $100,000 bond at the Rutherford County jail on Tuesday.

Ketron has been the subject of an investigation into allegations of insurance fraud. State and federal agents raided her home and her father’s insurance company in July. The mayor told the newspaper at the time he was shocked by the warrants. Bill Ketron is facing an audit into his campaign finance filings. His daughter was his PACs’ treasurer.

Ketron was the state Senate Republican Caucus chairman before he was elected mayor. Kelsey Ketron resigned from the GOP’s executive committee in late July.

UPDATE:

Kelsey Ketron faces dozens of charges, according to the Daily News Journal. They are:

• 30 counts of impersonating a licensed professional.
  • 14 counts of money laundering.
  • 12 counts of aggravated perjury.
  • 5 counts of fraudulent insurance acts of $250,000 or more.
  • 5 counts of forgery of $250,000 or more.
  • two counts of fraudulent insurance acts between $60,000-$250,000.
  • one count of a fraudulent insurance act between $10,000-$59,999.
  • one count of theft of property between $10,000-$60,000.
  • one count of theft of property $60,000-$250,000.

14 Responses to Former GOP executive committee member indicted

• John says:

Why would the indictments be sealed? Ongoing investigations?

• David Collins says:

Usually an indictment is sealed until it is served on the person and they are arrested if the arresting authority believes that if it’s unsealed, and the word gets out to the accused that it exists, that: 1 the person may flee the jurisdiction or 2 they will destroy evidence.

It’s incredible in a frightening sort of way the twists and turns life can take. I supported Bill the first few times he ran for Senate so I had the pleasure of meeting and seeing Kelsey from time to time at Republican functions while she was in high school and then in college. She was strikingly beautiful and doted on by her father. NOW THIS! I’m sure there is a most interesting story behind these charges, but without knowing anything other than what I read on this blog I find this story is shocking.

• Beatrice Shaw says:

fake news?

• Gail Baldwin says:

Oh Please . . . . ……….. Fake news is the 1st thing that comes to mind?

• Beatrice Shaw says:

Oh I don’t know was just inquiring

• Misty Pardner says:

There are other GOP committee members across the state that have been able to skirt prosecution. Ketron is not one of them.

Seems to have a criminal mind.

• Beatrice Shaw says:

substance abuse almost definitely

That’s exactly what I e-mailed to a friend yesterday. Isn’t it great to finally agree about something?

• MARLE says:

Are you folks saying we have yet another “victim”??? of the opioid crisis?

I don’t know about Beatrice, but I’m a law and order conservative – if you do the crime you do the time. She was born into a much more advantageous situation than me and she was fortunate enough to be much better looking as a teenager and young adult than me so with a fist full of aces she apparently messed up. If so, she is not a sympathetic character to me, but it is curious how people who have, at birth, an apparent fist full of aces then proceed to play their hand so poorly. It’s that aspect of this story and my VERY peripheral involvement in the story, that I find so interesting/fascinating.

• MARLE says:

“To whom much is given, much will be required” or as my father paraphrased it : “Given your advantages, you don’t have the right to screw up”. Luke may have said it better but my father’s message received. I repeated it, to apparently the same effect, with my children.

• Beatrice Shaw says:

the issue knows no boundaries