Report: Casada makes liberal use of state plane

The Tennessean reports that House Speaker Glen Casada (R-Franklin) used the state plane on five round trips since coming into office in January. That compares with two trips predecessor Beth Harwell (R-Nashville) took over her entire eight years as speaker. Senate Speaker Randy McNally (R-Oak Ridge) has used it only once since 2017.

Casada’s flights to and from Knoxville, Chattanooga, Memphis, and Fort Campbell cost nearly $7,900. Another trip planned for Sparta was cancelled amid the test messaging scandal enveloping Casada’s office.

12 Responses to Report: Casada makes liberal use of state plane

• Cannoneer2 says:

Why have a state plane if Important People can’t regularly use it? I hope state government has entered the jet age and isn’t still using a quaint prop aircraft..

• John says:

Oh my word, can we get a comparison on how many times the Speaker of the House flushed the toilet compared to all the other Representatives in the House. You people are relentless.

You bet John, that’s why they’re winning while too many Republicans are craven, feckless placeholders, that’s why we’re not.

Darn it, the part of the story in which Glen was asked to explain the frequency of his use of state aircraft and his response was cut off in the “Report” that appeared on my screen. Would someone please link to that part of the story so we can all read Glen’s explanation and get the full story or nonstory?

BTW, I hear rumors that Glen does not, I repeat does not, brush after every meal. I have every confidence that the crusading liberals of the Tennessean will be on top of this story ASAP.

Casada has always reminded me of Tim Considine on My Three Sons, although I’m pretty sure Mr. Douglas and Bub would have sent Glen to his room by now.

Casada could survive all this, but his priorities have changed, or more accurately, have revealed themselves, so I don’t care. I want someone in there who will get a tough, comprehensive E-Verify bill out of that house.

The worst thing in all this was the texts about black people by Cothren.

We’ve seen a lot of crazy, nonjournalistic reporting from the usual suspects, particularly the so-called reporters who are so ignorant, incompetent, and blinded by their rabid left-wing activism that it never occurred to them that e-mails sent to lawmakers and including many nonlegislative recipients might get caught in a spam filter at the statehouse and be delayed in reaching lawmakers or staff. At least report what the statehouse IT person said, for heaven’s sake!

Casada dug an unnecessary hole for himself with the David Byrd mess. More people ended up gunning for him. I told him at the start of the session to remove Byrd from all committees. I wasn’t the only one, I’m sure. Well, he doubled down.

My choice for speaker would have been Judd Matheny, but he is no longer in the legislature. I thought David Hawk might be better than Casada in some ways, such as with immigration enforcement bills, but this is difficult to say for sure.

This was a terrible, damaging session in almost every way.

• Phil Lassiter says:

Judd Matheny vited for an article V convention. Ahhh!

Beat you to it, James!

• Phil Lassiter says:

Voted.

Thanks for the heave work Phil. ! At least Judd has left the building!

• Jay Garrick says:

Casada has a hateful agenda, all while supporting sexual harassers (Jeremy Durham), sexual abusers (David Byrd), drug users and racists (Cade Cochran) and more. He is a disgrace to the state of Tennessee and needs to be removed from office.

• David White says:

Some always want to make it partisan. How about we agree that this guy is just a “bad egg”. It has been known for years on the Hill by most members and both parties.

• Pingback: Wednesday, May 15

• Silence Dogood says:

I do not agree that he is a “bad egg”. If we were to sum up anyone else’s life and body of work up in two words, what would they be? Of course, as we can all agree, that would be absurd.