Bloomberg drops out, endorses Biden

Democratic presidential candidate Michael Bloomberg waits backstage during a rally in Chattanooga on Feb. 12, 2020. (Erik Schelzig, Tennessee Journal)

Mike Bloomberg, who spent about $8 million on ads and hired more than 40 staffers in Tennessee, is dropping out of the presidential race. The former New York mayor is endorsing Joe Biden, who won Tennessee on Tuesday.

Bloomberg had pledged to dedicate his money and campaign machinery to support the nominee if he didn’t win the nomination.

12 Responses to Bloomberg drops out, endorses Biden

• MARLE says:

Biden campaign just became heir to a well run machine backed by plenty of money. But his mental problems (and this is not a stuttering issue) are going to make things difficult for him.

Too bad we have to vote for a party and not an individual for Vice-President, like the founding fathers set up.

• Leslie Parsley says:

I assume you can cite sources detailing Biden’s mental problems.

What “sources” does the typical family need in order to know that a member approaching his 80th birthday is slowly using his mental faculties. Have you watched Biden on the campaign trail? We are not talking about someone running to remind members of a retirement community when the early bird special will be available at a local eatery. We are talking about wanting to be President of the United States! Leslie, why don’t you just say that you believe even a mentally frail liberal Democrat is preferable to any Republican for President rather than requiring a PhD/M.D. certification of mental impairment.

• MARLE says:

Empirical, Leslie. He cannot, it seems, hold a train of thought or recall facts and details of things recent (like minutes or hours ago) or familiar things from the past. OR he is having problems performing under pressure. Neither is good and not a sign of mental fortitude or focus.

I have watched each democrat debate in its entirety, something I think few conservative Republicans can say. I have watched his interviews in their entirety. I have watched video of a few of his rallies.

Empirical, Leslie

• Perry Aubric says:

Hard to make a case that Trump’s mental faculties are in good order.

• Lance Persson says:

It is amazing to me how folks can put down Trump when he has been the most effective president I have ever seen. He has kept his promises and done what he said it was going to do. If voters look at the facts they will definitely reelect him.

/Users/Lance/Desktop/Doctor with no bedside manner copy.jpg

Also, it is pretty ironic that the Democrats tried to impeach President Trump for threating a foreign government for his personal gain but lost because their was no proof. So what do they do after they lose their impeachment attempt, they promote a candidate (Biden) who is recorded on video bragging that he threatened to withhold $1 billion in U.S. loans to Ukraine if they did not fire the prosecutor investigating his son.

• Lance Persson says:

One of the best comments I have seen was by Mike Huckabee. He quoted a remark he saw online. It said “Trump reminded him of a doctor with no bedside manner. He tells you that you need to lose 100 pounds and stop smoking. You’re offended, you’re angry, you come up with 10 reasons why he’s crazy and then you finally realize that he’s the only one telling the truth”

Biden seems to be in the early stages of dementia, to my observation. I am the caregiver for a relative with dementia. I don’t wish this loss on anyone.

Indeed Donna, but then again in case Trump’s luck runs out, isn’t it better to have some old liberal whose get-up-and-go and mental acuity has gone then some rabid leftist who has the destruction of the America we know and love on his bucket list?